Suite Backpackers Inn - Saigon Center
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$146
US$139
Nikko Hotels
US$95
US$75
Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$113
  • Breakfast included
Caravelle Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$165
US$155
US$97
  • Breakfast included
US$87
US$59
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Villa Song Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$175
US$171
US$153
US$94
Hotels.com
US$114
US$87
  • Pool
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$366
US$265
Agoda.com
All reviewsfree beergreat locationloud music every nightfriendly place to staybring earplugslounge areabed dormbackpacker areawalking streetrooms are spaciousyogurtnice breakfastno liftrestaurants and barsnice roomfree breakfaststayed for nights
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very clean, roomey dorms with large lockers, AC, wifi, blankets. The bathrooms are amazing - clean, well-lit with a big mirror, toilet paper, hot water showers. Staff were helpful.
I did not use them as a travel agency because it is easy to find much cheaper deals nearby.
The only issue I had was that they did not warn me that my bed was booked for the next night until it was checkout time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed there from 18-21 July. The first day I was with 2 of my friends so we could afford to share a private room on the top floor for 6 usd each. Very clean room. Staff were all really friendly, especially the male staff that I've talked to. My only gripe would be that the water from the shower was a bit weak.

For the next two days, I was alone as my friends went back to Singapore. Moved to a 12 bed dorm (5 usd/night). Clean and the personal lighting was good. Lockers provided too. Can't always lock it at the first try but maybe it's just me. The showers took a while to warm up and one of the bathrooms floods easily that I had to change to the one beside halfway.

Special mention to Trung who went out of his way to show me the place to get the public bus by bringing me there physically even though I didn't ask him for it. Really friendly receptionist, and he even gave me his only 5000 dong coin which is out of circulation in Vietnam now.

Will be back if I'm back in hcm.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I had really bad experience in this hostel (or should I say 30%hostel, 70% travel agency?):
I was there for two nights, let's just begin with fair positive points:
-Good location
-Not so expensive

Now let's talk of the hundreds negative points:

- the bad story Starts with two laundries (mine and my friend one), when I told them "please I don't want to lose things, is it safe?" Of course they said yes and they wash bags separately blablabla nothing would be lost or damaged .. Not true

Finally my friend realized his towel was not in is bag at the end he had to go by himself and take it in the hotel laundry room. And I realized they didn't give my cotton bag back. So the last day as they lost it I've been by Myself to desperately look for it and surprisingly discovered my Sandro scarf in the laundry room (no matter the brand but OH!!!!) It was also missing from my bag!, happily I've been there to check by myself and found it..!

--> So 2 laundries 3 losses... The staff didn't feel sorry at all, even after swearing it was safe, that's what is the worst.

-> in the dorms two cleaning employees sleep there exchanging the bed one day - one day. It's ok for me sharing rooms with employees but I'm wondering about their comfort in this job...

-> moreover the beds in the dorms where I slept are really really cheap quality, and dangerous when you go on the bed on the top you feel it can break at any time, make strange noises, and when you want to go down it scratches your legs and is also about to break down if you don't use good technics..

-> they give one cheap blanket (like the ones in airplanes) I was cold during the night

-> NO electricity plug in the bathroom... Very convenient! Add to this a bad poop smell all the time

-> No living room or "public area" for the backpackers to wait or talk

-> wifi barely works upstairs (4 flours, with NO elevator)

-> good location but really loud even at the 3rd flour, hard to sleep

-> and last bit not least we made the check out a bit late (2hours late) but at no moment when we left for breakfast around 10h30 the staff warned us of anything (nor when you arrive in the hostel, nor anywhere), there was lots of free beds in the dorms in case people really wanted the space, AND we were there in the rooms (charging phones and packing stuff) at check out time, they didn't come to warn us like "hey be careful it's the check out time". We would directly go and put the bags downstairs for sure !
-> At the end they wanted to charge me and my two friends for a night more each ... Not so honest. The guy at reception frightened us saying he will call the POLICE, I was like "Please, do!" The staff was nice at the beginning when there was no problem but finally turned out very unfriendly. At the end after 40 min negotiating about the fact it's not fair for 2h late without warning us that we have to pay, they admit we don't have to pay and let us go (we missed our bus btw!!!)

The good comments on this hostel are , In my point of view, quite lenient, and only speak about nice staff, when no troubles - and no laundries. Don't be fooled.

So I don't recommend this hostel

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Annabelle R
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Downtown, good bathrooms and clean beds. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. With the location and the nice rooms, this is a very solid hostel. I would recommend this to friends especially if they need a place to stay in Saigon for a few days.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was a well located hostel, near to all the main attractions and the friendly staff gave me some great tips on where to go.

Clean dorm and bathrooms, good air con, amazing showers with giant shower head.

My only criticism is that there wasn't a common area to hang out like a bar or cafe like many of the other hostels I have stayed in. This made it a bit harder to meet people, especially as those in my dorm didn't speak English.

• Stayed: July 2014