“Worsted experience”
Review of Thien Tung Hotel

Thien Tung Hotel
Ranked #322 of 459 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Thien Tung hotel is the worsted hotel i had ever live in my life. We nearly got cheated by the staff at the reception. Me and my friends booked 6 rooms in total from the internet. We pass the documents to the staff and he gave us 3 rooms instead of 6 rooms. When we show him that we book 6 room on the document, he say that 2 persons is to 1 room so he gave us 3 rooms. We confronted and in the end he gave us 6 rooms.

Don't get cheated by what they say on their website. Their website shows that there will be safe box in the room but when i check with the staff at the reception counter, they told us the safe box is at the reception.

Every time we walk pass the reception, the staff will show us a black face as if we owe them something.

The lift was terrible. Althought there is 2 lifts but 1 time the lift can only squeeze in 4 person and the lift is very slow.

The size of the pool and the gym is really pathetic.

Paying 30USD/Night although is very little but at least we should feel welcome by the hotel staff. I believe i can find some other hotel with the same rate with friendly staff and better facilities. I will never go back to this hotel again for my next trip to HCMC. And i will never recommend it to my friend.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank ZXAng
There are newer reviews for Thien Tung Hotel

Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

BreAkfast isn't included and its 2 US to swim in the pool! It's ok but there are better hotels that cost the same close by, such as ruby river hotel

Staff aren't particularly helpful

Location is otherwise good, rooms themselves are clean, but bathroom a little manky

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Kim J
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at the Thien Tung. Our room on the 2nd (203) floor was like a prison cell, minus the window. The bathroom also lacked a window, and the shower whilst powerful would flood the bathroom.

When you check in they make you acutely aware that if you make any mess in the room you will be fined. Ladies should especially beware if it's that time of the month.

The aircon in our room didn't work on the first day which made for an uncomfortable nights sleep. Thankfully we fixed this on the second day, through no help of teh hotel I should add, but our tour guide.

The reception staff aren't particularly friendly or helpful. We aksed to keep our room til 6pm on 2 occasions, neither staff wrote it down and low and behold at midday we were called to ask if we wanted to stay on later.

there is a small dirty pool ($2 to use) and a poorly equipped 'gym' ($1)

We were here at the end of a G Adventure tour and even our tour guide had nothing positive to say about the hotel. I would stay here unless you really had to. It's only good point is its location.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank d4vealex
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I must say I disagree with some of the other reviews of this hotel. It is not exactly palatial and has without doubt the worst pool area I have ever seen, but I found the staff helpful and the rooms were clean.
We stayed for three days as part of a G Adventures tour and found this a comfortable place, excellently located right opposite the Ben Thanh Market and 10-15 mins from the Rex Hotel and Ho Chi Minh Square.
As I said, the rooms were clean, comfortable and very affordable BUT do not go for the ludicrously overpriced breakfast on offer here unless its included in your room rate!
We found it to be a very quiet hotel with helpful staff, thats why I double checked I had the right place based on previous reviews. There were 15 in our group and everyone seemed very happy with this hotel. Actually, it is quite an achievement for anywhere to be quiet in Ho Chi Minh!
Anyway, I am an experienced traveller and I do not look for pampering or overt comfort. All I want is somewhere clean, safe and restful and this place ticked those three boxes. Go for it, it is a perfectly decent option for H.C.M.C.

Room Tip: Go for a room as high up as possible as HCMC is desperate for traffic. DO NOT accept a room on the s...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This hotel is in a pretty decent location. As a guest you are required to pay for amenities such as pool, gym and breakfast is not included, the Hotel is noisy at most times and for the me the biggest issue is that I did not feel welcomed by the staff. If you are only staying a short time this is an alright hotel. Bathrooms could also be better fitted.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mannymia
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Please read these reviews! If the same problems are coming from different people you should take notice....

Don't bother with this hotel. We found cockroaches in our rooms because the underneath of the beds and the night stands do no get cleaned and that's where we found them hiding.

The staff on the desk are rude, unhelpful and unfriendly. The bellhoppers are lovely.

More importantly we were also mugged by men on motor bikes round the corner from this hotel.

The hotel is a joke and when we told them what happened they simply looked at us expressionless and said "we said look after your bags".

Waste of space. Never again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

The hotel was uncomfortable to stay in. It was really noisy and smelly, and the rooms were small and had no windows. At least the A/C worked, and the staff were OK

• Stayed: June 2012