“AVERAGE HOTEL!”
Review of Thien Tung Hotel

Thien Tung Hotel
Ranked #357 of 475 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed in Thien Tung Hotel for only 1 night ( just walk-in guest), just because it is nearby Ben Thanh market.

The hotel is quite big, but not modern. Its facilities are symbol. My room had street and market view, interesting !.

The breakfast was so so, nothing special !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DTTJM88

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My tour agent changed my hotel to this hotel since the previous hotel was fully booked. This decision make me extremely dissapointed. The hotel not only very noisy but also it is dirty and outdated. The only good point about this hotel is the breakfast. We can find various traditional vietnamese food.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in the hotel. It's probably the cheapest hotel with a swimming pool in Ho Chi Minh City. Well, that was the reason I booked it through agoda.com. The service was good. The room was OK. I was on the 11th floor, so the view was nice because I can see the surroundings very clearly. The only thing I complained is the swimming pool seemed to have too much chlorine in it in the first day I stayed. However, it was fine the next day. The construction close to the hotel was still on going as I left but it doesn't put too much noise. The noise mostly comes from cars passing by blowing the horn in working days.

Room Tip: Choose room on the high floor (10th or higher) to minimize noise level and get a good view of the ci...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and it was very comfortable. The family room was the biggest we'd seen and the bathroom was also a great size. The breakfast was also the best we'd had in Vietnam and the location was perfect for exploring the city by foot. It is just across the road from the markets, the shopping area and all the main museums were also within walking distance... The best way to explore the city is on foot!

However, if you are thinking of staying in the next few months (2nd 1/2 of 2014) then double check about the noise from the construction across the road. We stayed on the 10th floor and the 1st night was horribly noisy. The other nights were fine as it was either raining, so piling stopped, or it was the weekend. If you can work around the construction noise, then definitely stay here!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here 5 nights . The rooms are small but comfortable. A/C, shower, TV all worked well. Its close to the Ben Trhan market, eateries and a handy Family Mart downstairs . Breakfast was fine and they even had creme broule on offer plus fresh baggettes.

The pool upstairs for the reception is lovely.

Pros, close to everything. Clean . Budget.

Cons there is a construction site right in front as of June 2014. The noise went 24 /7 some nights and I was on the 11th floor and found it intolerable in the small hrs of the morning. Do enquire how this site is going as most people would not be happy.

The member of staff who rang my room at 10.30pm and asked if I wanted a massage (not sure if the massage was being offered from him or a female he knew ) was out of line.

Room Tip: The family rooms look to be excellent value
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Damien M
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed with my family visiting Viet Nam from England 31 May. This is a really good hotel at a budget price, good location in District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. Following my last review of this hotel they now provide coffee and tea in the rooms. Really good value.

Room Tip: Rooms on a high floor (above floor 8) are quite good. Unfortunately they are building the Ben Thanh...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Thien Tung was a great hotel our bedroom window looked right out over Ben Trahn Market, we were in the city centre and central to everything. Hotel staff were lovely and helpful, we had 3 nights here before heading off so when we had to stay back in Ho Chi Minh for 1 night before we flew out we booked back in here. The rooms were lovely but a bit on the small sde we had an indoor pool that looked nice but didn't get a chance to use it. We got a transfer from the airport to hotel for our arrival as we hadn't been to Vietnam before and it cost $50 Aus which was dear but as we were getting in late at night we went ahead and booked it, but to geet back to the airport we booked a taxi which was $8 Aus use Vinusun or Mai Linh or book an airport Taxi, we had no problems with the Taxis in Vietnam. There was works going on across the road which made it hard to sleep as they worked through the night as its cooler, but when we went back for our last night we told them and they put us at the opposite end so was much better.

Room Tip: Room facing the front street are noisy due to traffic and busus so maybe the back of the hotel if yo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple