“Excellent hotel, well recommended”

Paragon Saigon Hotel
Ranked #62 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Excellent hotel, well recommended”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed on vacation. Good hotel. Very friendly and accomodating staff. Good service. Excellent food with lots of choice at breakfast. Rooms great. Wifi free. Brollys on loan for free when raining. Safe in room like a small suitcase rather than the usual teeny-weeny things that struggle to hold a camera.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Brisbane
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The hotel staff is all areas were very friendly and helpful at all times. The food in house was delicious and highly recommend the fresh apple juice just amazing. Breakfast was also very good with both Asian and western available.

The view from the rooms are not much to look at but very clean and modern. The lobby area and stairsace in the lobby was incredibly clean and the staff take very good care and maintain the hotel with great care.

I don't know what to compare this too but is is very good value for money located right in the heart of district 1 so very convenient and easy walk to city and shops. Great take away coffee (franchise) just 200m up the road if you love a good coffee.

Overall we really we enjoyed our stay at the Royal Lotus Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Toulouse, France
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We went on vacation to HCMC on September and we booked in this hotel. Unlike some comments saying that the receptionist is not good at English, I found them really friendly, helpful and fluently at English.

The lobby is modern and well-designed.

Room: When I come to my room, they give me a big surprise with fruit, Happy Birthday card and flowers. I really appreciate their kindness for caring about me. The room is tidy, clean and has relaxing aroma.

Restaurant: I love Vietnamese food, but you also can enjoy the Western food and Japanese food… in breakfast. It is delicious. The staffs at the Restaurant were good listeners and they suggested us some really good dishes like prawn in tamarind sauce, Vietnamese sour soup when we came for dinner.

We will return to this hotel if we go to Vietnam again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Had a disappointing experience at the royal lotus. The front lobby area is quite nice however thats where it ended, We had booked an old wing room and when we got into the room it stunk like smoke. I rang to check and was advised that yes we were definitely in a non smoking room. But it smelt like smoke. The hotel didn't really do anything to rectify this so we paid extra to move to the new wing (it was our last 2 nights of holiday and we couldn't bear to spend it in a depressing smoky room) and all they had was a suite which we ended up paying an extra $100 a night for, so all up, paid $160 a night. The suite was nice but at that price in Saigon I could rattle off 10 other luxury hotels that I would much rather stay at. And that rate did not include breakfast. The staff did not speak great English either which made trying to sort out the rooms and book tours quite difficult, we ended up booking our tours across the road at the travel agents which was cheaper and easier to organise. The location was not bad but in hindsight we wished we had stayed a little closer to the water, but this location is handy for the opera house and post office. We loved Saigon, and will return. We did a night scooter tour with XO tours also, and it was fantastic, one of the best things we did on the whole trip. Not much more to say about the hotel, if you want a cheap room, I would book one of the other more highly rated places on TA.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank HN_travels25
Izegem, Belgium
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This hotel meets expectations. I was there on a budget business trip. The hotel is conveniently located close to the center of HCMC District 1.

Rooms are clean and decent. Nothing fancy or high luxury but all works. Furniture might be a little outdated. Internet connection is stable and good. TV could be upgraded to flat screens. But after all, one does not go to HCMC to watch television.

Air-conditioning works decently.

Breakfast offers a wide choice and as European, I managed to find food to match my taste.

Staffs speak decent English and are very helpful and kind.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

I booked first time through agoda for A$45 a night I was coming back and booked through the hotel they told me it would be $96 for 2 nights including breakfast when I came to check out they were going to charge me more than double and also for breakfast they ended up charging me more than $96 if u stay here book on agoda

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank HairdresserAbroad
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was slightly disappointed in this hotel but the rooms could not be complained about. They were modern with clean rooms and bathrooms, flat screen tv with many channels, comfortable king bed and pillows.

The downside, room service food was terrible, no pool which we didn't realise - yes we were in the city but still disappointing. The breakfast was okay but nothing to rave about.

The most disappointing thing for me was that I left my brand new bathers in the rooms bathroom. I emailed the next day and asked that they be sent to my hotel in Hanoi and asked they charge my credit card for costs involved. When I reached the hotel in Hanoi they had left a message saying no bathers were found. To be honest there is no way they could have been missed. They were bright orange and yellow and they were on the bathroom hook. Impossible for room service to have missed. So either it was too much bother or room service took a liking to them.

I would look at another hotel first next time to see what else is out there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple