“6 nights makes this a very good hotel”

Paragon Saigon Hotel
Ranked #62 of 454 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Leeds, United Kingdom
“6 nights makes this a very good hotel”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Unlike most visitors to the hotel (including his holiness) we got to stay 6 nights at the Royal Lotus - excellent modern rooms with all facilities though you might struggle to get a view even on the higher floors.

Staff were extremely helpful with any concerns, I should say enquiries, and quick to respond.

Breakfasts were excellent in range and quality with plenty of 'western choices. As always in Vietnam the fresh fruit was superb.

A large glass fronted lounge with bar in reception but I go round the corner for a cheap beer. We had a little trouble working out what their drinks 'deal' actually was!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Will_Of_The_North

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It was a warm and wonderful welcome~ My room and stay was quite pleasant and comfortable. Please enjoy some time in the gym and spa. The breakfast buffet was fresh and yummy. The staff is friendly and very helpful!! Great service and help especially from Helene Nguyen thank you for making my stay and Vietnam so memorable!!! She was wonderful and the price was great also!!! def stay there!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stef A
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First time staying in HCM and my friend booked me into this hotel. I arrived at this hotel around noon, the usual checkin time is suppose to be after 2pm. However, upon arrived was greeted by Helene, the Guest Relations Supervisor and Tiffany, the Guest Relations Officer. Both of them greeted me with a great smile and offered me an ice cold glass of tea to quench my first in the hot weather. Even i arrived before the usual checkin time, both of them without hesitant, arranged a room and checked me in. Once all the paper work was done, they showed me to my room, making sure i was satisfied with the room they gave me. Great service!!!
I stay for 3 nights, the location is fantastic, plenty of restaurants, near a modern shopping centre and also near the famous Ben Thanh Market. The staff were all very polite and friendly.
Breakfast was brilliant, plenty of selections. There is a Spa in hotel which was great, especially when you want to relax after a full day of meetings. Lobby had plenty of tables and comfie chairs to hold some of my meetings, free wifi access and also free access to computer in the lobby.
Helene and Tiffany kept checking if i am enjoying my stay and willingly offered help such as arranging my transports, giving directions and ensuring i get to my destination for my meetings.
One of the best Guest Relation service i ever encountered, both Helene and Tiffany are friendly and helpful.
Will definitely stay here every time i go to HCM. Look forward to seeing both of you, and once again Thank You both for making my stay extremely enjoyable!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JacksonTo
Bright, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed recently on a tour nice large room great air conditioner which is a must for Saigon. Short work to Opera house and market and 5 minutes to the Saigon river. Best breakfast staff in my whole four weeks while in Vietnam.Try the Haagen Dazs ice cream down the road on a hot day great way to finish of.The Dalai Lama was even staying hear so it can't be all that bad.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Darren S
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at the Hotel and I can't say enough about the staff. Huy Tran and the front desk staff saw a mix up on my room with the beds. Got it sorted out in 10 minutes while I had my ice cold comp tea... I normally stay at the nikko across town but prefer being closer to all the action.... I'm at the Royal Lotus to stay thanks guys!

• Stayed May 2014
Raffles Place, Singapore
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We choose to stay in this hotel since it's at the center of HCM city with easy access to Opera House, Behn Than Market etc ... all within 15 minutes walk to each destination.
We did not managed to reach most destinations within the "stated time" though as we have problem asking the locals for directions most of the time. But I must say that most of the locals did tried help us even though they speak little English.
We stayed in the New Wing & the rooms are cleaned with comfortable bedsheets although the pillows are too soft for my liking. We booked for 4 nights stay & were upgraded to a premium deluxe room when we feedback to them on the faulty shower doors. There is ample selection for breakfast & the staff were courteous & helpful as well as attentive to your requests/ questions.
The hotel is surrounded by tons of Japanese restaurants & Spa s with reasonable prices. We are spoilt for choices. Best of all it is just opposite MySpa which is supposed to be the number 1 spa in HCM according to Tripadvisor & I can't agree more. We were there for 2 days :)
Will definitely choose to stay in this hotel if we come to HCM again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I selected this hotel for its location being near the center of the city.
Its low price was also helpful.
I didn't expect much, but it wasn't a good feeling when I arrived around 11pm and the hotel exterior lights were all off.
The staff was as helpful as everywhere else.
The room was definitely mediocre, mattress was not very comfy, bedsheets were so so.
The best part was probably the breakfast, its food selections, and the servers.
I could stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple