“Great staff & great location”
Review of Bich Duyen Hotel

Bich Duyen Hotel
Ranked #33 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here in April in a standard single private for 5 nights. The nightly rate is VERY reasonable. Communication with the hotel before my arrival was great. The hotel is located in a great area, down a little alleyway that is well lit, but far enough from the main street that there is zero street noise. I was on the 4th floor and there is no elevator, which didn't bother me in the least, but keep this in mind if you have mobility issues. My very clean room didn’t have a window but this also didn’t bother me at all. It was a nice, quiet escape from the insanely busy streets of Saigon! The room did have a fridge, a comfortable twin bed, a fan, a TV with English channels and lots of hot water. The staff was so friendly and always willing to help. I booked a tour and also arranged my airport transfers through them. I wasn’t a huge fan of the breakfast, but it was sufficient enough to get you going in the morning. I definitely recommend this place and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NurseBackpacker
Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Worth the price (23$ for a big double room with twin beds). We had no window, but therefor the room was very quiet at the back of the hotel. The receptionist talks excellent english, is very helpful, but watch out, when he shows you the position of any place you are looking for. He tends to draw into your map and most of the time it is not really exact! Very good breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

A comfortable and professional conversation on the phone while booking 2 nights (27usd per night) for a twin & single bed (there was 3 of us) window room.

I asked to be on a high floor, after reading some of the other reviews that mentioned the noise from the kitchen on the bottom floor. The staff accommodated us and arranged the 5th floor. No regrets with that decision, though I feel I should mention the small stairs that become slightly hypnotizing as they make such sharp spiral turns going up and down. Quiet the workout.

The room was spotlessly clean, though small. The beds were both against walls and there was about 2/3 meter between them. Two pillows per person, one small decorative and one comfortable one. The beds were comfortable as well, maybe we were lucky, but the mattresses seemed quiet new.

The hot water was almost instantaneous in the shower, possibly because we were on one of the higher floors, either way, comfortable and basic. Toothbrush and soap provided. No shampoo though. Tip for staff: maybe not necessary to change the toothbrushes with every turndown service. I was a bit surprised to see a new one when I returned from the day, and being eco conscious, would've preferred saving the plastic. Just my thoughts.

Two main staff seem to run the place. Mrs. Hue who worked the night shifts and Mr. ..... I feel terrible forgetting his name, but he's worked there for 9 years and was extremely friendly and helpful every time we saw each other.

The hotel itself is just off the main road going through the backpacker area near the park but on the other side of the window shops that line the road so it's not very noisy (for SGN that is). The small road it's on is a comfortable size as well and nicely lit at night. You cannot take a taxi all the way to the hotel and will be forced to walk about 25 meters to the entrance along the small paved road, not an inconvenience to me.

Breakfast was not the greatest, given that you can get amazing local food for less than $2 just nearby....but it's satisfactory. A small paper with photos of the 6 different options consists of the menu. Bread & Eggs, Instant Noodle Soup, etc. The Orange Juice they serve was very concentrated. But hey, it's a quick and easy option. I took only a coffee on the 2nd morning and went local.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed twice, a total of 7 nights and we were very happy that we had been recommended this by friends. You are located up a small lane in the middle of tourist central and this is a great base from which to explore the city.

After a day in the hustle of the city it was a relief to come back to this safe, friendly place where staff always ask how your day had been and did their best to help and advise. We arranged some of our internal travel through the Hotel prior to arriving in Vietnam and everything was handled professionally and organised for us when we arrived.

I suggest you book your airport transfer with them, if you need it - comfortable and hassle-free. They picked us up in the middle of the night and staff were on-site to welcome us when we arrived. For modest budget accommodation it doesn't get much better that this.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Bich Duyen (pronounced as Bikh Di-een) Hotel

EXCELLENT but VERY AFFORDABLE accommodations, FRIENDLY staff, and a STRATEGIC LOCATION for a stroll in the city.

It feels like I'm back home when I need only to walk from my house to go places and have a great time (and go shopping, too)! Great tourist locations within the city can be reached either by walking or by short taxi rides if you did not book the city tour. This I did with the help of the simple map provided by the staff. I felt safer getting 'lost' in Ho Chi Minh City with their map!

There's a park nearby for early morning jogging! The breakfast menu they have is a great introduction to Vietnamese cuisine (loved the noodles!!!! YUM!!!!). They also help do tour bookings,currency change, and many other services that help make a tourist's experience a lot more easier, safer and more convenient.

My best regards to the dashing Chien [I hope I'm correctly spelling his name] and the lovely Hue. Thank you for making me and my family feel at ease.

When I go back, Bich Duyen Hotel is where I'll stay again! Bich Duyen Hotel is highly recommended for everyone. As it is said in Vietnam, Bich Duyen, Number 1! :)

Room Tip: I definitely lost some weight climbing up and down the stairs to and from the fourth floor! A plus o...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel is small and quiet but in the best location for tourists, staff cannot speak great English but I suppose we should be speaking Vietnamese and we had no problem communicating with the staff between fits of laughter and smiles all round the rooms are big enough and have ensuites the breakfast is simple but always fresh and hot the coffee is great will be back when we have time just great, like staying at a good friends mother's house love it

Room Tip: no lift stay low
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Third time stay at this hotel every time I visit Vietnam. I like its friendly staffs and the service is excellent.Affordable price, peaceful location, tasty breakfast (love their beef noodle), the staffs even help me to book tour for Mekong Delta and arrange my trip to Hoi An ancient town.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business