“Good location, clean rooms, average size”
Review of Bich Duyen Hotel

Bich Duyen Hotel
Ranked #31 of 462 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The free breakfast is pretty good: eggs, noodles, big baguette bread.

The rooms are clean and nice! Decent size for three, clean clean bathrooms with separate shower from the toilet (rare in south east Asia).

The staff is very nice! And helpful!

Free wifi that is available in the rooms and have computers to use downstairs.

Location: great! It's behind one street, along a strip in the back which is the backpackers area with lots of places to eat. In walking distance from the night market too. I definitely recommend this place as it's clean and safe!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

A friend and I spent 2 nights here. We arrived to drop bags off prior to check in due to an early flight and despite arriving early & after being awake for 36 hours we found the airport transfer very reliable and a good price. We were kept waiting a little for our room due to other guests not checking out on time however we were served tea and made to feel really welcome. Chanh on reception is excellent and very knowledgeable and helpful (all the staff are really good here).
The room we had (101) was very clean and had everything we needed including tv which was an added bonus. The air con was a welcome treat too and worked very well. Breakfast was good and fast service with plenty of drink refills if you want it.
This is the second time I have stayed here in 2 years - I would highly recommend and will stay again.
Overall nothing is too much trouble, the location is ideal as most things walking distance/taxis close by, great value for money. The beds are comfy too!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I really loved my stay at Bich Duyen. It was really clean, the housekeeping was fantastic, great breakfast in the morning. The staff were very friendly, helpful and made me feel welcome. The location made it easy to walk to all the tourist attractions and markets.
I will stay there again for sure!

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with a window and it was more spacious then the ones without a window and worth t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Nice clean comfortable hotel in a great location. We stayed in a double room on the fourth floor and were not subject to any noise pollution from outside or elsewhere in the hotel. The hotel is actually down a narrow street off the main road so there is no traffic barring a few motorbikes.

The room itself was a decent size and had both AC and a fan that very quickly cooled the room down.

For the price we paid, this hotel offered superb value. The staff are great, very friendly. Breakfast was included in our rate and while basic, it was quite nice.

Highly recommended for a comfortable stay in Saigon.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Though there wasn't any elevator and the amenities weren't perfect (the windows in the room my friends stayed in had no lock), the hotel is really value for money given its cheap price and location. The hotel is strategically located near Ben Thanh market and the many pubs in the backpackers district. If I ever go back to HCM, this is the hotel I will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower level floor when booking if you do not want to walk up the stairs too much
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here in April in a standard single private for 5 nights. The nightly rate is VERY reasonable. Communication with the hotel before my arrival was great. The hotel is located in a great area, down a little alleyway that is well lit, but far enough from the main street that there is zero street noise. I was on the 4th floor and there is no elevator, which didn't bother me in the least, but keep this in mind if you have mobility issues. My very clean room didn’t have a window but this also didn’t bother me at all. It was a nice, quiet escape from the insanely busy streets of Saigon! The room did have a fridge, a comfortable twin bed, a fan, a TV with English channels and lots of hot water. The staff was so friendly and always willing to help. I booked a tour and also arranged my airport transfers through them. I wasn’t a huge fan of the breakfast, but it was sufficient enough to get you going in the morning. I definitely recommend this place and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NurseBackpacker
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Worth the price (23$ for a big double room with twin beds). We had no window, but therefor the room was very quiet at the back of the hotel. The receptionist talks excellent english, is very helpful, but watch out, when he shows you the position of any place you are looking for. He tends to draw into your map and most of the time it is not really exact! Very good breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple