“Great low-budget hotel, bad timing”
Review of Bich Duyen Hotel

Bich Duyen Hotel
Ranked #30 of 458 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Brilliant hotel within the average backpacker budget. Clean, spacious rooms with TVs, and the staff are very willing to help book tours and onward travel. No lift, although this wasn't a problem for me and my friends. Only problem was there was building work going on when we were staying, resulting in a few involuntary early starts!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MonsterOfFolk
There are newer reviews for Bich Duyen Hotel

Reviewed 22 June 2014

So far this is the best budget hotel I've ever stayed in. The room quality is far more than what I expected. Very clean, high quality mattress, great location, super helpful staff , what else that I need? The only downside is I have to use the staircase to 5th floor which my room is located.I booked a single room, but I was given a room with two single beds. Great, I have some extra space.

For a solo traveler, I seriously don't feel like staying in a budget hotel like I always did. Far more than my expectation. Recommended!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2014

For the price the hotel is excellent. We had a twin room on the top floor. Yes there are a lot of stairs but that's the same with any small hotel in the city. Our room was small but was impeccably clean and had a fridge and big TV. Wifi was excellent and the staff were very friendly especially the woman in the evening. We were able to have a shower downstairs before taking a night bus which was great. Breakfast choice is limited but good and freshly cooked. The staff speak very good English and will book any tours or transport at a good price. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It was a great place to stay, generally. Its location is best for backpackers and those who want to explore the streets.

One thing I did not like was the room. I expected a lot more from the extra premium I paid for the "windows" to get a view of the city at night. Sadly, all I got was a view of the neighboring hotel's wall.

Other than that, the service was great and the speak really good English. :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Bich Duyen was the best hotel we had in Vietnam. The staff are incredibly friendly, they speak REALLY good English and are very helpful. The rooms were spacious, bright, and impeccably clean. Definitely lives up to its reputation, I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank dmagliola
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Staff were friendly, but there's building works going on so the floors are quite dusty, rooms are clean, showers nice and powerful but there's no safe in the room. Good location. No lift and we were on the 5th floor! Hotel would keep our bags safe until evening flight but we had to pay 200 vnd so we could have a shower before our flight. Other hotels let us have one for free before flights/ night trains/ night buses

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank blondie048
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have just finished my one week vacation in Saigon and I stayed in this hotel for a good 7 days. Located off the main street inside an alley, the noise of the busy backpackers street is literally muffled out, making the hotel room an excellent resting place within one of the most hectic areas of Saigon.

The highlight of the hotel is the excellent service. All the staff are extremely friendly and helpful during my stay there. They can recommend places to visit, dine and also help with arranging tours on the fly. They are also kind enough to advise against pick-pockets in the area. Granted, i did have my camera nicked by a cab driver, it was due to my own careless-ness more than anything else.

The breakfast is also very good and can be selected off the menu containing 6 set choices. On the side are bananas to fuel the traveler's hectic schedule. I especially enjoyed the Banh Mi (baguette) with the scrambled eggs. Very generous serving (and re-fill) is given each time it is requested for.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a very nice place to stay in Saigon and would not hesitate to stay again at this hotel if I happen to be in Saigon in future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo