“Very bad service.”

Ranked #187 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Norway
“Very bad service.”
Reviewed 28 January 2009

My fiancee and me had booked a delux room from 27th december 2008 to 3th january 2009. The hotel had confirmed our booking.
Unfortunately my aircraft with China Southern was delayed from Bejing, so I got stocked 24 hours in China. That did we arrived 24 hours late to the hotel. When we arrived I told them I was sorry, and that I of course would pay for the day we did not use the room. But they told me they had given my room to someone else since I did not arrived at time.
I showed them the confirmed paper from the hotel, and that they had my phone number, my pay guarantee and that the rules say if I not showed up, I had to pay for the room anyway.
Then they asked me if I was married to my fiancee, wich I was not until 14 days later. Then he told me she would not be welcome to stay together with me in my room since we was not married yet.
I asked if he always ask couples if they was married, but he would not answer me.
I did not get my room at all, so I found another hotel.
I have been travelling a lot all over the world, but this way to treat a custumer is realy bad.
I do not recomand this hotel at all.
Rolf and his wife.

Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hope

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Australia
Reviewed 24 January 2009

I picked the Tan Son Nhat hotel due to it's proximity to the airport, as I arrived late in HCMC and was booked to fly to the North the next morning. Being only a 10 min drive from the airport, it met this need hands down. I had booked a superior room for USD $45 a night, and was impressed. Thye room was large, beds comfortable and the bathroom clean and roomy. Staff were pleasant and helpful.

I can't say anything about the location, as I only took a quick stroll down the street before breakfast, and didn't spend any other time in the area.

Breakfast was excellent - a huge selection of hot and cold, traditional and western dishes. I didn't try the hotel restaurant, but popped in to get a couple of take away beers after I'd checked in, and the food presentation and servivce looked good - certainly no complaints from the many people having dinner there.

There are a couple of internet terminals in a room off the foyer - free to use and fast connection.

• Liked — Appearance and breakfast
  • Disliked — no dislikes
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank Davoanth
Ottawa
Reviewed 14 August 2008

My husband and I chose this hotel because it was close to the airport (under US$3 taxi ride) and we were arriving by plane in HCMC at night and going back to the airport the next morning. The lobby is gorgeous, the rooms are large but basic (US$40). Pretty clean, however there was a big enough spot on the ceiling in our room that looked like mold from a old leak (is that healthy?). Great large and varied breakfast buffet in the fancy restaurant. I'd recommend it if you want a place close to the airport.

• Liked — Close to airport
  • Disliked — Style and cleanliness of room.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bizoubazinski
Singapore
Reviewed 3 August 2008

I am on a business trip and stayed there for 4 days. The reason for selecting this hotel is that it is near to my workplace. The first impression of this hotel is that it is a big hotel longitudinally and has a pleasant exterior facade. I've booked a standard room through a friend over in vietnam and was given a room in Wing C first level facing the main road. The room is simple but neat and clean, likewise for the bathroom with all the basic facilities there. There are cable tv network available with all the channels to choose from and most importantly, there is a free ADSL in my room of good connection as compared to my previous stay in other 3 star hotel where the wireless internet connection is very bad. Also I find that the reception staffs and the security are friendly and helpful. I find the hotel is safe as there are always security on patrol during the day as well as at night. In addition, the hotel is in walking distance to Big 'C' supermarket and Highland Coffee. The only small setback is that there is no complimentary water in the room and the breakfast is about the same during my 4 days stay there. But I find that is still OK for me. Overall, I had a pleasant stay in Tan Son Nhat Hotel and the next time when I am in HCMC, I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank TL001
vietnam
Reviewed 13 May 2008

my stay at the hotel was absolutely horrible on the 2 days before i left :my ear drums burst listening to the drilling in the roof above me.
I asked reception if they could inform the workmen to stop but i was politely told that they couldnt do anything about it.This went on for about an hour during the day.During the night it was the noise from the road.......... horns tooting etc.
I think it would have been worth my while paying an extra 50USD and staying somewhere else!!!!

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — DRILLING IN THE ROOF......
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

Oregon
Reviewed 21 April 2008

This is a government-run hotel located on a very busy street about 2 mi. from the airport. We requested a superior room in the new building. We were told on check-in that we had a "new" room. Instead we were booked into a building at the rear of the property which had been remodeled. The room was okay--certainly not superior other than being larger than a standard room--but the location at least was very quiet. Likely the newest building would get far more street noise. It seemed as though the newest rooms were reserved for Vietnamese guests and parties only. The front desk staff was very aloof, always seemed to be "busy", perhaps because their English was pretty limited and they didn't want to have to talk to us.

The restaurant was also very "Vietnamese" with an extensive Vietnamese breakfast buffet. The only Western offerings were omelettes, bread, and fruit. We ate dinner there a couple of times because there really are no other restaurants in the area. Unfortunately, we got sick on our last dinner there before returning to the US the next morning. I suspect it was because we let our guard down and ate the pumpkin flowers served with our fish...or maybe the fish wasn't as fresh as we would have liked?

The hotel is well-protected with 24 hour security guards and government-owned taxis readily available. It's a good idea to stick with government taxi service in HCMC. The scalpers who intercepted us upon our arrival at the airport charged us US$8.00 for transport to Tan Son Nhat Hotel. Our return trip to the airport was about US$2.50!

There is an Australian fast-food restaurant about a block away at the Super C and also a Highlander Coffee that offers light meals all day. We stayed at this hotel on the suggestion of a friend who lives nearby. If we ever return to HCMC, we would likely stay in District 1 just to be more centrally located--particularly to have easy access to more dining options. Everywhere one would want to go requires a taxi ride from Tan Son Nhat Hotel.

• Liked — security
  • Disliked — staff indifference
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank goingranny
sydney
Reviewed 9 March 2008

We used the Tan Son Nhat Hotel for 1 night between flights. We reserved a room in the New Wing, which was on the ground floor. As this was our first night in Vietnam we'd been agog at the dense traffic flow and constant noise outside, however because the New Wing is at the back of the main building we were almost overcome by the quietness! Not complaining.

The deluxe room was quite big, and also had a reasonable sized lounge room, a nice addition. Bathroom nicely laid out. Breakfast was a huge buffet with great array of Vietnamese and western food and included in the U$60 we paid.

A walk to the other end of the hotel brought us in contact with about 3 weddings, none of which disturbed us at all - just fun to watch.
Staff were very pleasant, although for some their English was a bit limited.

Stayed January 2008