“Cockroaches, building noise, loud music...awful”

Beautiful Saigon Hotel
Ranked #75 of 467 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Despite eager staff, it's hard to say anything good about this place. We found cockroaches in our bed on the last night and had to move rooms to get some sleep as the builders worked through the night (on a Sunday) at the back creating the most unbelievable noise. The lack of double glazing also means you here every beat of the pumping music from the bars/clubs only metres away. As someone else has mentioned, the breakfast (served in the foyer!) is cramped and poor quality. If you want clean rooms and enough peace to sleep, go elsewhere. Beautiful Saigon is anything but.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LindowMan

Reviewed 5 July 2012

I made my booking for a standard room online which was confirmed by email. I had an airport pickup, however the driver took me to the wrong hotel (1 instead of 2), and I had to walk down the street at 11.30pm to get to the other hotel. Upon arrival, the staff member said they did not have any standard rooms available, and I would have to pay an extra $US3 for a superior room. In addition, I would have to check out the following day and move to the first hotel for my second night. Not at all impressed. The rooms themselves are very nice, very clean, however there is some sort of construction work going on, and it started at 7am right outside my window. I slept well prior to this! The beds are hard (seems to be the standard in Vietnam!) but comfortable enough). Overall, not a good experience, and I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ashleigh K
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. Booked a superior room because I read in the reviews that the standard room has no windows and small bathroom. But when we get there the superior room they gave us has no windows and no bathtub. So the next day I asked them if we can be transferred to a superior room with windows & bathtub, though they are prompt on our request, they didn't offer to help us with our luggages. We have to carry all our luggage two floors up which is a hassle on our part.

On a lighter note, their rooms have PC with wifi which is convenient for travelers. Their breakfasts are good & have options plus the location is at the backpacker's district.

Room Tip: pick a room from 201 up, the superior room right above the lobby has no windows & bathtub.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Dear readers and management.
Even though my partner and I,are use to staying in five stars hotels in the past, we decided to try your hotel for a couple of nights. We were quick to realize that we made an excellent decision by choosing the Beautiful Saigon one and end up staying at your hotel for four weeks. The hotel location was very convenient, with all the shops, cafes, bars and night life. We were on the 6th floor, the room was very clean, the service was excellent. Having the Breakfast included in the price, was more than anticipate, we had such a big Breakfast in the morning that we would skip lunch altogether. The staff were extremely polite and helpful, the service was of a five star hotel, if not better.
We had an amazing stay and we shall recommend it to all our friends and family, we are planning to return next year. Thanks to all the staff, we will never forget you.
Charles and Helen.

Room Tip: We were very satisfied with what we had.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charles L
Reviewed 3 July 2012

the hotel is well located, clean.However it is too noisy.We had a room located at the 5th floor road side.
Moreover the breakfast room is cramped and the quality of the breakfast was poor .We planned to stay 5 nights but left after the first night during which we had no sleep.
I do not recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YvApache
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We chose this hotel due to the comments from other travellors and we were not disappointed. The location is fairly central with lots of cafes, bars and night life. The hotel is well kept and the staff is so friendly. We paid $35 US for a large room that overlooked the street. Breakfast was included and was held in the lobby. Some found this inconvenient but it added to the memories of our Vietnam adventure. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelnut360
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I arrived at midnight, and was met with the hotel representative who took me for about 15 minutes from the international terminal to the hotel. Walking along the messy street in the middle of the night was not what I envisioned, but the hotel was one of the cleanest I have ever stayed. It also has a computer for you to access the internet, and it also has wireless. They also have a small breakfast area. The hotel is a wonderful retreat from the messiness of the streets. The only complaint I have is the US$20.00 charge for the 15-minute ride from the airport to the hotel, I think it is too pricey. When I returned to the airport the next day, the taxi charge was US$10.00. Since I hear many horror stories of the taxi drivers, I do not want to take the risk of a taxi in the middle of the night. All in all, I am pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business