“Right in the heart of the city”

Beautiful Saigon Hotel
Ranked #74 of 466 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This place is in the centre of town, and therefore isn't excatly quiet, but it is a great place to stay. Opposite is the Universal bar (which is great for a bit of entertainment and a beer). I have been looked after so well. When I locked myself out of the safe, someone came up straight away to sort it (twice!) Having a PC in the room and free WIFI has been a huge bonus. I would recommend staying in a deluxe room, as they are at the back and quieter.

Room Tip: Room 203 is up two flights of small stairs at the back but a really quiet and spacious room. Just be...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We spent 3 nights here last week and had a great time. Location is in the heart of district 1 with many restaurants and bars close by. The hotel organised both our trips to Mekong Delta and Cuchi tunnels and everything went according to plan. Rooms are a bit small but enough and have everything you need. Breakfast is plenty and scrumptious! Recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Ho Chi Minh in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Having spent a month touring Vietnam the Beautiful Saigon Hotel didn’t quite meet my expectations. In no way did I have a bad time there, but I have definitely received more for my money in other hotels not only in the Ho Chi Minh backpacking area but other areas of Vietnam.

The staff are all very pleasant; they’ll chat to you if you are waiting in the lobby and even assist you with your Vietnamese pronunciation should you require it.

The room was perfectly clean and they offered all the usual amenities’ including air-conditioning, but it was considerably smaller than what was offered by other hotels in that budget range. The bathroom was a wetroom, which was fine but again surprising considering what I paid.

There is also no actual restaurant, instead for breakfast they turn the lobby into a makeshift dining area using metal tables and stools. This in itself isn’t an issue, but due to the size of the lobby, there can only be a handful of tables so you may end up having to wait a little while before you can be seated (which is when the novelty will probably wear off). The breakfast itself is fine and they make eggs to order as well as offering a selection of other breakfast options.

In Ho Chi Minh there are definitely places where you can get more for your money, but I would stay there again if the offered a lower rate.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend. The price was awesome for this property, and I'm glad that I didn't get swayed by the low price into believing that the property would not be good. I relied on TripAdvisor reviews! Things I liked:
- the location is great, its right in the area, where there are tons of cheap bars (50c shots, beers and $1 cocktails!). The bars are literally these tiny shops that have tiny chairs, and you sit on the street facing the street.. never seen anything like this before.
- The room was very clean and comfortable. there are 3 types of rooms that you can get, standard (no window, and smaller bathroom), superior (larger room with 1 queen and 1 single bed, with a window and a larger bathroom) and a deluxe (2 queens and a window). We had the superior, and were very happy with our selection. Oh, and there was a computer in the room!
- the breakfast was ok, nothing great, nothing bad, just standard.
- the bars were right outside, so you could hear the street noise, but once the AC was on, we didnt hear much. I did see some guests taking ear plugs from the front desk.
- the bed was comfy, except the pillows were very thick.
- the shower had super hot water, so that was nice!

the only thing that was bothersome was the super slow internet connection..

Other tips in the city - we did the Cu Chi tours with Saigon River cruise (see my review for them). They were def very unique and I would def recommend these. The bus tour for the Cu Chi was very cheap ($10, including entrance), but we liked taking the boat tour. Other than the Cu Chi tour, we didn't really see anything else. As the locals say, the way to enjoy Ho Chi Minh is through the food, and that's what we did.. Someone on the boat had been to the War museum, and felt that it was all propaganda, and not much to enjoy.
The massages close to the hotel were super cheap ($5-7 for 60 mins), but they were not good at all!! Our hotel did recommend that there is a massage place that they can reserve for us (free pickup and drop off included), this was $13 for 60 mins or $17 for 90 mins. Due to lack of time, we couldn't try this.

We didn't use the hotels pick-up service from the airport ($20). There are counters at the airport, where you can buy the taxi ride, it was $10 to the hotel. Also, you don't have to pay anything to the taxi guy, our driver tried to get 10,000 dongs for the parking at the airport, but we told him a big fat 'No'.. Coming back to the airport, we used the hotel's drop-off, since it was $10. Don't know the reason why the drop-off and pick up charges are different.

Room Tip: get the room with the window, definitely worth the splurge of $15!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rshergil
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This is our first stay at Beautifulsaigonhotel was located conveniently on the main street in district one. The hotel rooms were fully equipped with TV, AC, shower,, electronic safety box, table lamp,computer in room free wifi and everything just look perfect to me based on their rate. I would strongly recommend this budget hotel to any budget travelers for your pleasure stay during your visit to HCMC. All receptionist in this hotel could speak English and very helpful (especially Ms Hang). Excellent! I would come back for sure to this hotel during my next holiday to HCMC.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good view and less noise
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Aanson B
Reviewed 12 July 2012

If you want friendly service, spotlessly clean rooms, reliable airport pick up, great breakfast at bargain rates in a great location stay at Beautiful Saigon. We have just returned and were very happy with our choice. Had no trouble sleeping. Ms. Hanh Nguyen welcomed us like family after our email contact.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Denise O
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Last week I was in HCM City for a conference. My work booked me into a seedy hotel, so the next day I checked out and found this hotel. I was so happy with the room and the service given during my stay. It is in a terrific location with a wide variety of restaurants, bars and shops surrounding it. My room was one of the best rooms I have ever stayed in, and I travel a lot. The room was so clean, and so were the bathroom and the common areas. The front desk girls and the doorman were very nice and genuine people. I will return if I’m ever in that part of the world again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business