“Beautiful Saigon”

Beautiful Saigon Hotel
Ranked #72 of 468 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here last month (August 2013) for a total of 4 nights I think. We had a fantastic time. We had been warned about some hotels in Ho Chi Minh City being miss-leading - but this place delivered everything we needed plus more. Okay then.....the location is perfect for travellers. We walked everywhere in HCMC from this hotel - since this hotel was in such a central location. It's located on a great street for a meal or a drink. We got exactly what we asked for, a room with a king bed, window, front to the street. The hotel has a lift - which was great. I've heard some don't and you have to walk up 6 flights of stairs. Hotel has great air-con and even a computer in our room which made checking emails so easy. Breakfast was included and was fresh and good.

The biggest bonus for this hotel was the staff. We have to say Vicky who worked on reception the whole time we were there was AMAZING! So was June? the porter who helped us with our bags. Getting back to Vicky, she always greeted us by name and went out of her way to help us. We run into her one night down the road from the hotel and she saw us trying to buy some kids toys from a street walker and could see we were having problems communicating. She helped us on the spot (while off duty) and we got the toys. Nicer still, on the day we checked out, she gave us 2 more of the toys as a gift.

I have worked in the hotel industry previously and I could honestly say this was one of the best customer service I have ever had. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

Also the bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows - something I am a little fussy about.

Plus its a great price. Only thing I would suggest is request a front room with a window like we did.

Enjoy.....and if you make it there, say hi to Vicky for us.

Amy and Thor

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Amy R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice in August. The location is fabulous, right in the heat of the action in downtown Saigon. You can easily walk down Pham Ngu Lao to Ben Thanh market. And if you're interested in nightlife, it's all right there at your doorstep.
Rooms are perfectly adequate for any type of visitor, from backpacker to business! Total cleanliness, air conditioning, laptop, wifi et.c.
The service was really excellent. They could not do enough for us, handling everything from laundry to airport transfers, all with a smile. I have no difficulty recommending this hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bobconsul
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We only stayed here for one night. The staff was very friendly, however we had booked the Beautiful Saigon 3 Hotel and they moved us to this location because the other place was sold out. They gave us a top floor, large room (upgrade) and discounted the room. So, they handled the situation very well. However, it was extremely loud (the bar across the street on the corner was loud ALL night). We actually had a 6am flight so we left at 4am and the bar was still going strong.

I wish we would have stayed at Beautiful Saigon 3 because it was on a side street (as is #2) and I think it would have been much more quiet.

Anyhow, very affordable, friendly staff, and we would have switched rooms if we had more than one night.

Room Tip: Try #3 or #2 in the boutique chain as this hotel (at least in my experience) was very loud.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank artrun02
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I got a superior room that has 2 beds and PC in room. It was well appointed and a comfortable size.

It was facing the main road so there were some noise at night but nothing to bearable. The issue I had was with the curtains that don't keep the sunlight out. Coupled with the morning sun shining directly in the room it made it hard to have a good sleep to recover from the night before. And sunrise before 7 made it even worse.

So my tip. If you get the upper floors try to get a room facing the back if you need to sleep in late (or bring some eye shades). Otherwise a good stay!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Mazran Z
Reviewed 5 September 2013

As elsewhere in Vietnam we found the staff charming and amazingly helpful. Our room was clean, quite small, but perfectly adequate, and we had a great evening out in the bar opposite in this busy, buzzy location. Didn't find the noise from surrounding bars bothered us but we were out until very late ourselves drinking it all in! The staff looked after our stuff while we hired a motorbike and went to the Mekong Delta, and helped us sort out bike hire. Only negative was that , when we brought the bike back, the hire people popped the ignition lock out of the bike and tried to claim we'd done it. We were adamant we hadn't and the hotel staff supported us. So all's well that ends well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shadbury_bonwell
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Location is a mid of main street of backpacker gathering. A bit noisy around there but not in the room. Everything is around there and very convenient. Room is clean though too small. A room where I stayed did not have a window nor bath tub. That's minus point. But overall very good. Reception was also very friendly and intimate. Breakfast was a normal.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank blackbird1208
Reviewed 5 September 2013

As said by many, Beautiful Saigon is in a great location and a great cost. Staff are always helpful and friendly. Breakfast is large. We had a the 'Superior Rooms' @ US$48/room/night for my husband and I and US$42/room/night for our single friends traveling with us. We had never had these rooms before and appreciated the extra space In the past we had heard the loud bar across the street - but this time, very little street noise was heard. We can also recommend Beautiful Saigon 2 for lunch. It has a vast menu, good food and very cheap. We would certainly return and recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends