Blue River Hotel
Caravelle Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$165
US$131
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$146
US$139
Nikko Hotels
Sofitel Saigon Plaza(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$177
US$152
US$101
  • Breakfast included
Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$136
US$113
  • Breakfast included
Villa Song Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$171
US$108
US$80
US$113
US$87
US$132
US$104
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$366
US$315
All reviewsair consmall alleyhotel is locatedno elevatorpham ngu lao streetrooms are cleanbudget hotelbackpacker areaback alleybaguettequiet streetcheap pricecu chi tunnelsnha tranghotel stafflaundry servicevietnam
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed two nights with our son, on a layover enroute yo Manila. It is right smack in the middle of the backpackers area so its a busy area. Friendly employees with warm hospitality and a decent breakfast, you get your moneys worth. The aircon in our room barely gave out cold air though, the only downside of staying here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I visited the room before deciding to stay and it looked like any another low budget hotel. Once I booked, I was told the water for the shower lasted 3min (up to 5min if I was lucky). I saw some long black hair on the bedsheets. This is all I can say about the bed as I didn't get the chance to sleep in... I was told at reception that I should leave my room key if I went out (probably so they monitor more easily who is in or not) and that s what I did. Like in other similar hotel, they said the hotel door should be open till midnight and after that I d have to ring the bell for someone to come and open. BUT when I came back at 11.50pm the door was closed and when I rang the bell for 10min, nobody came!!! I had to sleep in another hotel! When I came back the next morning telling the owner it was unacceptable and saying I didn't want to pay for a room I had not used, she screamed, called me a liar and said I was making excuses not to pay the room fee. She then showed me a video camera recording of the door that could just have been any other night. After half an hour of arguments, I paid this angry women promising her to leave my feedback about her ugly temper and service...

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Alex F
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed at the Blue River Hotel at the end of our 10 days trip around Vietnam. The hotel is very average, we booked two rooms and they were both quite small; the sheets were stained and the towels a bit smelly. The staff was quite helpful but they made a mistake on the bill and charged us 5 USD less - a couple of days after we had left they decided to charge my credit card for that missing amount, without even consulting me first. The location however is great and this hotel is good if you're travelling on a budget... But don't expect too much!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nicolamele
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed there in Jan-Feb and found employees went out of their way to help. They looked at addresses for me on my map, recommended stores...
I once broke a glass in my room and someone rushed to clean debris within minutes. mI was not charged for the glass.
Mr Long, the manager is VERY helpful and friendly, yet professional.
I was paying $25/night, a discounted rate for over 10 days, which is MORE than you would pay for less comfort and service in the same alley. All over I think it is well worth the price considering service cleanliness, safety deposit box and large room. Mine was also very quiet.
There are 2 rooms at a lower rate but they were rented when I arrived.They are smaller.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel is truly a great place to stay. We stayed for 5 nights in twin room with window. The room was very nice with the most comfortable beds I encountered in SE Asia so far. The bathroom was excellent as well.

Downside is that there is no elevator and breakfast area is a bit stuffy and hot (it could use a couple of extra fans).

Location is great, in the center of the city but in a small alleyway so it is quiet during the night.

Staff is excellent, you can rely on them to give you all the information you need, to help you with any problems you might have. They arranged bus and train tickets for us and changed our train tickets when we realized we told them the wrong date. After our 3 week trip through Vietnam, we came back again on the day of our departure, and it was no problem for them to keep our bags and let us chill out in the lobby, even though we were not spending the night.

I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple