“inconsistent service”

Dai Hoang Kim Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ho Chi Minh City
Dai Hoang Kim Hotel
Ranked #412 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“inconsistent service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

No doubts, their comfortable room worth every penny you spend but not its customer service especially from housekeeping and restaurant staff. US$ 26 for two for bulk beds room including breakfast. For three days I had my breakfast here and ordered scramble eggs and bread (it comes with bacon and sausage) you may expect one day with one slice of bacon and half sliced small sausage. While the next day without bacon and only 1 1/2 sliced sausage, someday you were given banana while other days wasn't. The poor service including only some used towels are changed, getting nauseating expression from waitresses when requested to swap butter from strawberry marmalade (their expression and interaction is of no-brainer, you don't need to understand their language to know that they are talking about you in front of you). On the other hand, their receptionists provide speedy response to your request and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2009

For US$25 a night, this hotel is ideal for the average backpacker. Rooms especially the toilets are clean. The receptionist also helps to lock away your passport for safe-keeping.

The best deal of all? There's a nice cafe located along the same street as the hotel. Prices are cheap enough for you to have breakfast and tea here everyday. The Vietnamese coffee here is a must try! There's also a convenience store nearby.

Opposite the hotels are relatively good F&B options. My travel partner and I were hooked on the Cajun Fries & Pizza from 'Pepperonis' the whole time we were there.

The hotel is within walking distance to everywhere. We walked to the Ben Thahn Market and even tailormade dresses for just US$18 at a nearby tailor located on Pha, Ngu Lao Street.

For those that requires halal food options, there are north-indian halal restaurants nearby the hotel too.

Will definitely visit HCM again and stay here.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lt_LEGO
Alor Setar, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2009

We stayed in the hotel from 9 Dec to 12 Dec.

I Phoned the hotel one day before my arrival and was lucky to be greeted by an English speaking staff.

On arrival, was confirmed my booking by the same staff ( Miss Dung ) and in no time, we were already in our room.

We stayed in a quad room, The room was spacious, clean with a tv, a fridge and attached bathroom. ( but there was no coffee making facilities )

The lift in the hotel is a plus factor for the convenience of the guests.

There were 2 computers at the lobby with free internet.

Location was good with many shops around. Food was no problem. Travel agencies were all around. It is within walking distance to De Tham, Phan Ngu Lau and Ben Thanm market.

All staff on different shifts ( male and female )were friendly and helpful.

I surely will stay there again in my next visit to Vietnam

• Liked — Friendly staff , clean and safe.
  • Disliked — No tea making facilities in the room.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
14 Thank ckpeng04
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2008

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and really enjoyed it.

I wanted to book the Bich Duyen on Trip Advisor's recommendation but it was booked up. I tried a couple of other hotels that were high up on Trip Advisor but they were all booked up so I arrived in HCMC without anything booked and asked the taxi driver to take me to the Bich Duyen. Unfortunately, it was booked up and the guy told me that all of the hotels in that lane were booked up for that night. I asked if he could recommend anywhere else and he gave me the card for the Dai Hoang Kim.

It was just around the corner and they had rooms. The hotel staff are really friendly and the manageress speaks good English (unusual in Vietnam). She can give you advice on places to eat and things to do.

The rooms are really clean and have their own bathrooms. The bathrooms are spotless with a nice shower. The rooms have a mini-bar, wardrobe, tv with ESPN :D, a fan and air conditioning. I can't think of what more you could need except for a safe in the room (they do provide a safe for each room at reception).

I paid $20 per night for myself and my wife and we really enjoyed our stay there.

The room was quiet, which was a bonus in such a noisy city. I'm not sure how noisy the rooms at the front of the hotel are though. Another bonus is the lift. I've heard that some hotels in the area don't have lifts but I'm not sure if that's true. If you are staying on the 9th floor then you'll definately need a lift.

• Liked — The room was clean and the staff were really friendly
  • Disliked — A couple of ants in the room?
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13 Thank roocarroll