“great hotel”
Review of Hoang Lien Hotel

Hoang Lien Hotel
Ranked #186 of 462 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 8 October 2012

a very good 2 star hotel , bfast was more than adequate with toast ,jam, eggs ,rice, soup and fesh fruits, room 804 had city views , very clean, good size, great hot water and pressure , cable tv, air conditioner and fans, nice decor.no noise at night and in agood position , only a 5 min walk from the mekong express bus stop and in a nice tree lined street., a 10 min walk to ben than market with lots of shopping on the way. city tours are good and from travel agents only 8 us dollars. i would stay at this hotel every time for the price i paid, would prefer here and save the money rather than paying for. a higher class hotel. highly reccomended.

Room Tip: window rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I do not recommend you to stay at this hotel because they have terrible customer service.
I stayed here for the 1st and 2nd of September. They charged me for a towel that I left on the floor after I used it. Also they charged me for leaving a mark on the towel after I wiped my face.
They will also charge you for the "dirty" bed sheet you slept in. They are really good at ripping you off at one time. Hoang Lien 15 Bui Thi Xuan Q1 TPHCM.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ann D
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This place is value for money, excellant location, the staff are brilliant and very trustworthy. But theres always a downside, just be careful with you belongings when standing outside this place especially with bags and phones as i got robbed in daylight outside this place, and apparently this happens frequenlty. Other than that I really enjoyed my stay there and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: try and book a room thats closer to the lower floors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank royandvitt
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The hotel is quite good at first glance, lobby are beautifully designed, not as stuffy as other hotels. But all change when we notice the bed, it's width is only enough for two pillows to be placed side by side.
I was traveling with a friend, sharing a very tiny bed with a guy is not what I had in mind.
This is a decent hotel for you who travel with your spouse, but avoid at all cost for friends sharing a room. You're lucky if you can get 4 hours of sleep out of that bed.

Was traveling also with 2 girls, they share the same experience, bed are to small even for woman.

For the picture of the hotel you can visit my blog :

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Zeissy
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I got the room that full of cigarette's smoke..very uncomfortable to breath. Breakfast is just ok. One good point is that the location is strategic, at district 1, near ben thanh market, notre dame church, post office, and many other objects of tourism..

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ErnaBudijanto
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed here again in 2011. We wanted to travel to Vung Tao for 3 days and I told them we would be back for the remainder of our stay in Vietnam. I wanted my same room when I returned and I even offered to rent the room while I was gone. They said that wasn't necessary and that I could have the room back when I returned in 3 days. We even left all our luggage there - they held it for us. We return exactly 3 days later, 5 P.M. on Christmas Eve. Guess what? They rented our room to somebody else and didn't have ANY other room available. So Christmas Eve we spent over an hour in a Taxi driving around looking for a hotel. Do not trust reservations with this hotel!! They will give your room away. First come first serve. Come to think of it I watched them do the same thing to an other couple.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank danny46755
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I would recommend this hotel as it is easy to get to the Ben Tan Markets as well as the tourist quarter. Nice rooms with window, cleaned every day, staff nice and felt safe with staff sleeping in entrance at night. The breakfast was included which was good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends