“Really Enjoyed My Stay at Le Duy Hotel”
Review of Le Duy Hotel

Le Duy Hotel
Ranked #131 of 466 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the Le Duy Hotel. My room was very nice - furnishings were all in good shape. My room did not have a window, but that did not detract from it. It was also immaculate - the entire Hotel was very clean. It was advertised as 3-Star and that is accurate. The staff was very helpful and professional and spoke English well and went out of their way to answer any questions I had. Breakfast was included and it was a very large breakfast buffet featuring a number of Vietnamese foods, which changed every day. Eggs made to order, breads and fruits were also served every morning. I particularly enjoyed the tropical fruits. The Hotel is centrally located in downtown Saigon and I was able to walk to lots of restaurants easily, and there is a nice Australian pizza chain next door when you don't want to eat Vietnamese food. I met a number of travelers from Europe at the Hotel and we all seemed to enjoy our stay. If I were to go back to Saigon on vacation, I would stay at the Le Duy again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank DaveG1981WandM

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Clean, convenience and ideal hotel in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City.
A variety of breakfirst dishes. Staffs could speak good english and very polite. Will be back again to Le Duy Hotel. Junior suite rooms do have a jacuzzi and best to relax after a day's touring the city. Including Ben Than Central Market which is a 10 minutes walk away.

Room Tip: Good location and hassle free in checking in and out. Choose the Junior Suite rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Andrew G
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights. Room was towards the back and away from the road so no noise. Very comfortable clean room. Good choice at breakfast. Very helpful friendly staff. Air con worked well. Plus the room had a duvet which meant we could leave the air con on nfill all night.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Johnfoster60
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Booked a room without window at USD32. Check-in was rather troublesome. Got to log in to the wifi and forward our booking to their email. Hubby couldn't connect to their wifi with his iPhone so we had wasted about 10 mins or so but end up, only my phone can connect to their wifi. Was given a room at 11th floor, if didn't remember wrongly, it was room 1105. Exit from the elevator, on the left hand first room. The bell boy didn't bother to help us with our backpacks and yet was standing there waiting for us to tip him just because he travelled up with us. The room was halfway cleaned. There was litter on the floor and when my hubby popped into the bathroom, there was wet towels inside the bathtub. The small window inside the bathroom can be seen through by the next room via their big windows so I have to remove the shower head from the shower stand when bathing.. Can hear the loud traffic and the loud music at night as there was a live band opposite the road. Hubby accidentally pulled out the toilet paper too hard and it came off from the toilet roll stand and guess what we had found? A dead worm!!! Absolutely disgusting as we had both used the toilet paper! Breakfast was okay but cold. To rate it a 3 star is too highly rated. There were no smile from all staffs we had met except the receptionists. Upon check out, we had paid and getting ready to leave but was stopped by the receptionists and he asked whether we had used anything in the bar. We told him no and he asked us to wait while he checked with the room cleaning staffs. In the first place, he ought to check with the room cleaning staffs before we pay and he ought to learn to trust the guests' words. If we did taken anything from the bar, he can jolly well charge to our credit card instead of delaying us for 5 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank doraemonger
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in a delux room on the 10th floor. Wasnt sure what to expect in Vietnam but we were very happy with room and staff. We left our luggage with them and travelled to Can Tho for an overnight stay. When we returned to HMC the motel had new room for us on the first floor with our luggage. Again very happy with the room and the friendliness of the staff. Would definitely recommend and would stay again if in HMC.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GwendaC_13
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Le Duy hotel is centrally located in the centre of the city. Between the central market and the back packers zone. I took windowless room and received a high class accommodation for very reasonable price: 40 US $ double including breakfast. Between you and me, how much time you really spend standing by your hotel room window? Most of the time you shut the curtains to maintain your privacy. As a compensation, the room price is very cheap to campare with same rooms that have a window.
The staff is very friendly and the breakfast is reach.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Patrik_Kim
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel ticks most of the boxes, clean, centrally located, helpful staff and nice rooms. I agree with some other comments that breakfast was crowded at times and they ran out quickly of some things. I think this is caused when there are very large tour groups in the hotel and because of their departure time all seem to go for breakfast together. I noticed this and when their coaches left everything was fine. We had no noise problems at night even this was by far the most manic city we visited in Vietnam, more so than Hanoi. I would recommend Le Duy to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends