“credit card scamming”
Review of Hotel 68

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ho Chi Minh City
Hotel 68
Ranked #395 of 453 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Can Tho, Vietnam
“credit card scamming”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I stayed in hotel 68 in Dec for 3 nights and agreed to pay $22.00 usd a night. My credit card charge was $90.00 usd total. We had nothing out of the refrigator.
Was them or you will get scammed. Chinese owners now.

Room Tip: Stay away from here
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 December 2011

This place is very average. The towels had holes in them. The bed wasn't made properly so we had to ask house keeping to make it again (no bottom sheet). There was a chainsaw going all night so we couldn't sleep. The hallways were very dirty (stained carpet) and there was no power in the building overnight so the sitcom didn't work. Lots of ants everywhere and the receptionist did the 'look you didn't give me enough money' trick on checkout - when the bell boy distracted me, she swaped one of the 500,000d notes I gave her for a 20,000 thus forcing me to give her another 500,000d in order to get my passport back. Also, no breakfast and if you want a room with a balcony, there is no lift. Seriously, stay somewhere else, this place is gross.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

Johannesburg
Reviewed 17 December 2011

First impression was the mouldy smell which we thought would go away but it lingered for our full stay. Stayed for 3 nights booking via tripadvisor. Swimmng pool was one if the reasons selecting the hotel but found it very disappointing. Area around the pool neclected and no place to lounge around. Pity as it is on the roof and could be a fantastic attribute. Pd $25 for double room incl breakfast. As it is an Indian restaurant the indian options for breakfast more interesting. Central, reception staff excellent and professional. Used Tuan Travel opposite the road who assisted in our open bus ticket to Mue Nu, then Dalat and finally Nha Trang. Word if warning, dont book accommodation through them, over priced and not good value for money. Stayed at Hia Gia in Mue Ne, far out of town, ngoc nui y in Dalat and very noisy mylong in nha thrang. Buses are also not luxury as advertised but the roads between Mue Nu are so narrow that big buses might not be able to use the road.

• Stayed December 2011
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stayed 3 nights with my best friend. The room was pretty basic - we stayed in a twin room and it really had everything we needed. It wasn't the cleanest room ( a few stains on the sheets, towels and carpet) and there were bugs nesting in the creases of the walls, but the trade-off was the fact that there was a spa on the roof top, and a decent sized semi-indoor pool. Although the pool was being drained while we were staying, the spa was a much nicer place to relax, as it had an unbeatable view of the city, and was very clean. The service from the front counter was excellent and professional, considering the budget nature of the hotel, and the location is pretty awesome! Overall, very satisfied with the experience.

Room Tip: Twin room beds are massive, almost the size of two doubles!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank LozzLozzLozz
Jüri
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Very nice hotel with good location! It is located in the street where all the pubs and restaurants are. Very good place and location is fabulous! Everything is very close. With this rate you get nice room. We paid 22$ per night (no breakfast included, but we didn´t want it as we slept anyway till noon every day) :)
Pool was on the roof...great view to city and nice to swim after hot day :)

Room Tip: Let them show you the room, before the check in!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I stayed this hotel for 4 nights on Sep. 2011 First day I reached the hotel, showed my ID and mentioned that I have made a reservation by online. Then these two receptionists was not aware anything about my reservation so I had to tell them in details about which online booking site I have used and all confirmation #s that took me a while to complete entry process.
Once I have reached my room, I found that there was no safety box which was supposed to be available on each rooms, also the window lock was completely broken that there was no way to lock the window. I told about the safety box and the window issue to the receptionist but they were not helpful but more busy to dealing with just come-in customer who wish to bargain their per night stay. I also found out that if someone just comes to ask for a night stay, she/he can get a least 6USD discount than by online booking which I have gone through (I have booked 26USD / night, but these people just come-in are getting a rate of 20 USD / night).
Some of male staff were not able to understand any English so it was very difficult communicate and ask any for assistance.

I have been stayed in various hotels in South East Asia, but this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed with no hospitality and no professional services are offered.
Stay away from Hotel 68 the best solution to enjoy and enrich your stay in HCM.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Atsuko K
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Wouldnt advise someone to stay here, the pool area is disgusting and the bathrooms in the rooms smell pretty bad.

• Stayed July 2011