“They stole my camera.”
Review of Hotel 68

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ho Chi Minh City
Hotel 68
Ranked #398 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Stockholm, Sweden
“They stole my camera.”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I didn't even stay at this hotel but me and a friend payed to use their swimmin pool (which wasn't very nice btw). We got a massage and I had my bag by my side the whole time. After taking a shower I realized that someone had stolen my camera (the camera case was open and empty). I talked to the girls taking care of the SPA but they didn't do anything. I also talked to the staff at the reception and they only smiled when I told them!

Do not go there for any reason! What you can get there you can get at other places where you don't have to worry about the staff stealing your stuff!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sofia K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed here last week but unfortunately I hadn't read the previous review and did exactly the same. I left my bags with security as I was checking out, and when I checked them after I realised my laptop AND iPod were missing!!!!!!! So upset and they just denied everything, refusing to put me in contact with management. Went to the Police and said they couldn't do anything...I really felt like something dodgy was going on!

On top of that...the rooms look NOTHING like they do in the pictures and the staff were unbelievably rude.

The location is good, but I would not recommend staying here.

Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Firstly i should start with saying how when i checked out i left my bags with the security and went to get lunch when i came back laptop had gone, they made up some poor excuse and wouldnt let me speak to the manager. I tried to go to the police but to no avail.

So apart from the fact they steal stuff. They also lie about room rates, rooms are filthy, the breakfast is awful and the staff constantly lie.

I have never complained about a hotel ever, even though the location is great. PLEASE dont stay there, as they are bad people!!

Room Tip: DONT STAY whatever you do!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank luke b
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We moved to this hotel which is close by where we previously stayed in Bui Vien Street in Backpackers area. Location is excellent for exploring the area, the Ben Than market and we also walked to downtown and other areas quite easily. The overall cleanliness of rooms and bathroom was ok, but the oddity with this hotel was that it did not provide a duvet or top sheet but a thin blanket. We asked for a duvet but don't think they understood. I peeked into some other rooms next to us when their doors were open and it was the same.Get a room higher up if you don't want to be woken up by inner city cocks crowing at 5am or street noise. Small pool and spa (and massage/beauty spa) area on the top of roof area with nice view of Saigon at sunset. Indian restaurant downstairs which doubles as the hotels breakfast area. The staff could improve their English but as most Vietnamese they were very friendly.

Room Tip: Choose a room higher up to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth777_12
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 14 January 2012

The average price is 24 USD for one night (without breakfast) or 28 USD with breakfast for 2 persons. (the receptionist said that it was 20% discount already). they have bigger room for 48 USD for 4 persons in 1 room including breakfast (suitable for family). this room will be cheaper if only for 2 persons. they clean the room everyday.
OK, sounds fair enough.

the breakfast is at Halal Indian restaurant below the hotel, taste good even though is a bit basic, you can choose either indian or western style for breakfast. the swimming pool is just half-full when i went there. the roof top is great for relax and sit.

The location is the best thing for this hotel. this hotel is located at backpackers area, center of the city, quite crowd, lots of coffee shop and bar, but still quite at night. in front of this hotel there are lots of interesting tour packages with very affordable price from half-day tour until 3 days tour packages.

over all, not bad. location and helpful staff has been upgrading the mark for this hotel. the price and room quality are average for their services,

Room Tip: this hotel has 3 buildings. Building 24, 26, and 28. Building 24 and 26 are the old building. they d...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Can Tho, Vietnam
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I stayed in hotel 68 in Dec for 3 nights and agreed to pay $22.00 usd a night. My credit card charge was $90.00 usd total. We had nothing out of the refrigator.
Was them or you will get scammed. Chinese owners now.

Room Tip: Stay away from here
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 December 2011

This place is very average. The towels had holes in them. The bed wasn't made properly so we had to ask house keeping to make it again (no bottom sheet). There was a chainsaw going all night so we couldn't sleep. The hallways were very dirty (stained carpet) and there was no power in the building overnight so the sitcom didn't work. Lots of ants everywhere and the receptionist did the 'look you didn't give me enough money' trick on checkout - when the bell boy distracted me, she swaped one of the 500,000d notes I gave her for a 20,000 thus forcing me to give her another 500,000d in order to get my passport back. Also, no breakfast and if you want a room with a balcony, there is no lift. Seriously, stay somewhere else, this place is gross.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple