“It's okay if you're out if other options”
Review of Hotel 68

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ho Chi Minh City
Hotel 68
Ranked #395 of 454 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Tasmania, Australia
“It's okay if you're out if other options”
Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

This place isn't as bad as other reviews suggest. The price was ok for HCMC - $18/night for a double with tv, roomsafe etc. Though it looked ok on first sight, it wasnt all that clean - mildewy bathroom and an ant problem. Service was fine, and we left our packs with reception for the day after checking out, and they were untouched. Not good enough to be in Lonely Planet though - it's recommended there under Lien Ha.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Flickballoon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My best advice is do not stay here! I was bitten from head to toe by bed bugs.

The reception area looks wonderful and modern but this is just 'mutton dressed as lamb' as when they take you to you room, you step through the doors at the back, walk through and Indian restaurant (also used for hotel breakfast), turn the corner and then realise the mistake you have made...

The carpets on the stairs and hallways are indescribably dirty and worn and the room was a hovel!

Don't bother going up to the swimming pool, it hasn't seen anything but a few drunk backpackers in years!

But you get what you pay for I suppose although I've stayed in a lot nicer and cleaner places for $24 per night!

Room Tip: Don't choose any - don't stay here!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KandyKitten

Travellers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

Mandalay, Myanmar
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Located in the backpacker district of saigon, this little hotel offers clean, friendly rooms to very fair prices. of course, because of the location, you sometimes hear music during the night, but if you want a quiet wellness-stay, you wouldn't stay in this district.
Rooms include aircondition and minibar - standard rooms, however, don't always have a window .
Would stay again. 7km from airport, $5 taxi fare

Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank waltersagi
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I didn't even stay at this hotel but me and a friend payed to use their swimmin pool (which wasn't very nice btw). We got a massage and I had my bag by my side the whole time. After taking a shower I realized that someone had stolen my camera (the camera case was open and empty). I talked to the girls taking care of the SPA but they didn't do anything. I also talked to the staff at the reception and they only smiled when I told them!

Do not go there for any reason! What you can get there you can get at other places where you don't have to worry about the staff stealing your stuff!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sofia K
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed here last week but unfortunately I hadn't read the previous review and did exactly the same. I left my bags with security as I was checking out, and when I checked them after I realised my laptop AND iPod were missing!!!!!!! So upset and they just denied everything, refusing to put me in contact with management. Went to the Police and said they couldn't do anything...I really felt like something dodgy was going on!

On top of that...the rooms look NOTHING like they do in the pictures and the staff were unbelievably rude.

The location is good, but I would not recommend staying here.

Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Firstly i should start with saying how when i checked out i left my bags with the security and went to get lunch when i came back laptop had gone, they made up some poor excuse and wouldnt let me speak to the manager. I tried to go to the police but to no avail.

So apart from the fact they steal stuff. They also lie about room rates, rooms are filthy, the breakfast is awful and the staff constantly lie.

I have never complained about a hotel ever, even though the location is great. PLEASE dont stay there, as they are bad people!!

Room Tip: DONT STAY whatever you do!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank luke b
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We moved to this hotel which is close by where we previously stayed in Bui Vien Street in Backpackers area. Location is excellent for exploring the area, the Ben Than market and we also walked to downtown and other areas quite easily. The overall cleanliness of rooms and bathroom was ok, but the oddity with this hotel was that it did not provide a duvet or top sheet but a thin blanket. We asked for a duvet but don't think they understood. I peeked into some other rooms next to us when their doors were open and it was the same.Get a room higher up if you don't want to be woken up by inner city cocks crowing at 5am or street noise. Small pool and spa (and massage/beauty spa) area on the top of roof area with nice view of Saigon at sunset. Indian restaurant downstairs which doubles as the hotels breakfast area. The staff could improve their English but as most Vietnamese they were very friendly.

Room Tip: Choose a room higher up to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple