“Nothing like Hanoi restaurant!”
Review of Quan An Ngon

Quan An Ngon
Ranked #160 of 3,241 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Nothing like Hanoi restaurant!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

After eating in Hanoi and being really impressed with everything we couldn't wait to eat here. But don't be fooled, this is nothing like the restaurant in Hanoi. The food was fairly ordinary and service no where as good. I would give it a miss.

Visited May 2014

• Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
“Very good value!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This place was exactly what I was looking for after 2 weeks in Vietnam! By the last days of our trip my boyfriend's tummy had been upset due to some market food we had in hoi an (he never recovered) and he had resorted to surviving on Pringles and only dining at overpriced restaurants. He wanted a clean restaurant, I wanted reasonably priced vietnamese- this place was perfect! Yes it's pricier- 40,000 rather then a 25,000 VND for bowl of noodles (from the side of the road) but I was happy to pay a $1.50 more for peace of mind and quiet frankly, the best bun rieu I have had!!

• Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“After a week of Vietnam this isn't good ”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We traveled down starting at Hanoi, I think most of the reviews here had this as one of their first ever Vietnamese restaurants. Atmosphere and location are good. Food is very overpriced, and doesn't have a lot of flavor.

Would recommend eating in the market instead if you want actual food

1 Thank Niklas N
Toolamba, victoria
“Near street food prices with a top-end feel”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stopped at this restaurant while we waited for the lunchtime siesta to end at Reunification Palace. When you walk into Quan An Ngon you get the feeling it's a pretty swanky place. Fresh shellfish await in bubbly tanks. Slate topped tables for every guest. No cornice has been left untouched by ornate trimmings. Mist machines waft cooling clouds over the lucky people sitting near the front. Don't be fooled though, prices are cheap.

I had Bun Bo Hue (Beef and tendon noodle soup in the Hue style) for 55,000 VND, plus three beers. The Bun Bo Hue was the best meal I'd had of our trip to that point. My wife had some sort of vegetarian dish and some spring rolls which were excellent.

• Visited March 2014
Sydney
“Great VN food and good setting in HCMC”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Quan an Ngon 138 is located opposite to the entry to the Reunification palace.... 138 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, District 1. I figure it could be confused with the "street vendor housed" Quan an Ngon that was in the same street some 5+ years back. (If my memory serves me well.)

Short walk from Ben Thanh markets.

Ate here twice last month. Very good service. Fast and great VN food. Highlight for our group of carnivores was a vegetable dish with mam quet (mam kho quet?) dipping sauce. Very very good.

Will eat here again.