Thai Nhi Mini Hotel
Blue Diamond Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$119
US$100
US$126
US$113
  • Breakfast included
Alagon Saigon Hotel & Spa(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$87
US$69
  • Breakfast included
Windsor Plaza Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$114
US$98
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Majestic Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$263
US$235
Trip.com
  • Pool
New World Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$159
US$140
  • Pool
Grand Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$137
US$123
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$132
US$114
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$120
US$146
US$131
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2011

This typical mini hotel is located in District 1 in a small alley, in the tourist area of Saigon. The rooms are sacious and equipped with everything you neet. Fridge and TV in the room. The room we had was furnished with a double bed and an additional single bed. The bathroom has a hot shower. The room even had a little balcony. The room and the bath was clean. For a night or two the rooms are ok specially of 15 € per night. You might need to look for staff when you are looking for your key or when leaving the key behind, but usually there ist someone of the family around.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have the same first part story from Captainpants17. hahaha! A lady from Thai Nhi Hotel offered us a room for $10 with air con. They show us the fourth floor room, cost us 12 dollar. Its very tired to climb up 4th floor after whole day walked around the city. They charged laundry service 35, 000 VND . Its really expensive. There is a laundry shop just beside their hotel, only cost 22,000 VND. I didn't book any tour or taxi from their hotel, if want taxi, just go across the road, you will see plenty of it. Its just cost 125, 000 VND to airport.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pupunoka
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We arrived down mini hotel alley having not booked anything in advance. A lady from Thai Nhi Hotel offered us a room for $10 with air con. My boyfriend specifically asked which floor it would be on and we were told the second. That fine we thought (we are not unfit people but lugging a backpack up and down 6 flights of narrow stairs is not comfortable!)

Upon arrival we were shown to our room on the fourth floor (though the second floor didnt count as a level for some reason?!) Ok, we could deal with this, its not the end of the world. The room was a smoking room which smelt of cigerettes - we were not asked if we wanted smoking. My fault, I always request non smoking when I book ahead. The room was small but you pay for what you get. The bed was incredibly hard as were the pillows. It was not a comfortable 2 nights sleep.

However, the worst part of this hotel was the service. The staff burped in your face deliberatly and just didn't want to help you with anything. They ignored you if you smiled or said hello to them in passing. They generally looked down at you. I dont know why they were running a guesthouse - they were clearly not people people!

If you just want a cheap room with a solid bed and dont care about being treated like a human being, then here is ok. For anyone else - pay the extra couple of dollars and go elsewhere!

Room Tip: Get a better service and room elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Captainpants17
Reviewed 12 February 2011

The room is not bad, its not good either. It's small but clean. Location is ok. Staff is unfriendly. Rooms is 12 dollar but with a medieval exchange rate its more like 13,5. Don't go, pay a little extra.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 5 January 2008

You need to call in order to book your room. It's a cosy spot in the heart of Bui Vien St, District 1, backpacker hub minus the noise an hassle.

I called them from Phnom Penh to book a room, and even though they didn't have the cheapest room for a solo traveller like me, the standard double at USD$12 was also very comfortable. They keep their word about keeping a room open for me, same goes when I came back from Mekong Delta, they keep the same room for me.

What I found intriguing was the fact that the cable tv kept going on and off, as if someone is "stealing" the channels. I had to laugh to myself thinking, if they teal electricity in India and Myanmar, they steal cable channel in Vietnam! It wasn't an issue though. I love the cute cosy room, the double room has different sizes of bed. One is single and the other supersingle, so for travellers coming in pairs, I hope you don't have to argue about that!

The aircon and fan works, room has enough light, whats most important is the room is spotless and the hot water actually works! Plus its not situated too far off in the alley, it's close to the main road and for a female traveller like me, safety means a lot. With comfortable beds, you can guarantee a peaceful sleep here.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo