“Great budget stay !”

Lan Lan Hotel 2
Ranked #151 of 447 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
“Great budget stay !”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Very impressed , was a little worried what we would arrive to given the price . Hotel is very clean !!! rooms are very small with no window , but for the price I would certainly stay again and recommend to others ! The place is 5 min walk from the night markets and hotel staff were very friendly . Currently doing some renovations at the front counter , did not here any noise even from the street which was very surprising .

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 August 2014

hotel check in was easy, and rooms were spotless and clean
internet was good and many TV Channels
nice location within walking distance to many sights.
The breakfast was amazing with lots to choose from and nice quality and taste
Would recomend this hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ozlad
North Carolina
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was booked here by work I arrived well after midnight from the airport, and the staff had my room key all ready for me. The bellhop found out I did not have a sim card for my phone, and brought me one (and installed it for me the next morning)
The location was great. However, the room I was in had NO windows! Since I was here til I moved to an apartment, the lack of windows was annoying. Worse, was the construction that began in the lobby early on Saturday morning. The noise woke me each day ( I was on the 2nd floor)
I enjoyed the breakfast, and the staff was very helpful. However, the beds are extremely hard. There was little room after my luggage was in the room. The construction was the worst!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Susan H
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here for 1 night.
Huge room.
Breakfast was great.
Well located Hotel, everything is close (Museums, Ban Than Market, all kind of restaurants, Saigon River/Mekong River,.Skydeck, ..)
(",) (",) (",) (",)

Room Tip: Our room was near the elevator/hallway and it was noisy sometimes
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas S
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Location: accessible and within District 1, near to Pham Ngu Lao.

Rooms/Facilities: As there were three of us travelling, we got a Superior Room with a double bed and a single bed. The room given to us was spacious enough and has view of the city. Bathroom is adequate with a bath tub. Beds are hotel-standard and I had a good night’s sleep every time. Would have slept late if it wasn’t for our early morning tours. A/C is working fine, cable TV has a somewhat poor reception, but hey, I didn’t go there to watch TV anyway 

Rates: Room rates are competitive considering that it was located in the heart of downtown Ho Chi Minh and I was quite happy with the rates that we got for the two nights that we stayed there. I’ll definitely stay here when in Ho Chi Minh.

Food: We only got to taste their buffet breakfast which comes with our stay. And it was actually good. They had a nice selection of breakfast items, offering traditional Vietnamese food with continental dishes and my favorites were the sticky rice with pork and of course, their pho 

Service: The staff was generally nice and willing to help. They always remind us to take care of our bags especially when walking in the streets and to only take Vinasun or Mai Linh taxi service.

Overall: I would definitely stay here, location and price is good and I felt generally safe during our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jejebo
australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel has a great location, near the markets. Perfect to pop back for a refresh and drop off the parcels! The bad bits to mention are the HARD beds. They are terrible, and if you have the misfortune of sleeping on an "extra bed" like one of my daughters had to, you won't get much sleep. The rear rooms are very close to a primary school which starts VERY loud music at 7am. My tip is take ear plugs to sleep and you will be ok.
The rooms are very clean and tidy. From reviews I was expecting friendly reception staff, but alas we didn't discover any.

Room Tip: Don't get a rear room unless you take ear plugs. Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Pacific Coast Australia, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed at hotel for 9 nights in May 2014.Solo room but a friend also stayed there in another room.
Room was quite comfortable and bathroom was adequate.Room was very clean and I found the staff to be helpful and friendly. Very close to the markets and other local sightseeing attractions.
Be very careful of the local taxis.Vinasun taxis tend to be the most reliable.Breakfast was good and the room airconditioning was good.
Experienced very loud music on a number of days at about 6.15am which lasted for about and hour and appeared to be coming from a nearby building.For some reason it stopped after about 3 days into my stay which was most welcome.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends