“Not recommended”

Therapy Massage Ngoc Anh - Riverside
Reviewed 6 December 2010

My husband and I went there for a body and foot massage. It was a fairly basic setup, which was not a problem for us and the body massage was very good. the first negative was the two girls talking and laughing in vietnamese as they worked, this always makes one wonder if the customer is the subject of the giggles or not. at the conclusion of the massage we were given 2 vouchers to tick off how much tip we were going to pay - this we thought was really rude. we were then taken to another level for a foot massage, by two guys this time. they sat us in 2 chairs, one of them literally pushed me back in my seat, with no eye contact let alone smile. Then one left the room and the other sat in front of us and watched the television, completely ignoring the 2 people sitting a few feet away from him. we sat for about 5 minutes, then just got up and left. they may not have spoken English but neither do most other Vietnamese people and they know how to smile and be friendly. we were just treated with utter contempt.

8  Thank Stillinmyprime

Reviewed 25 December 2009

We went for the warm stone massage, it wasn't fantastic. The masseur was constantly disappearing and at the end of the session, we are asked to pay 100,000vnd each as tips!

2  Thank kk_lim
Reviewed 17 June 2009

The location has moved from the Riverside hotel to 93 Nguyen Binh Khien, District 1. I've been to various spas around the world and if you're looking to be pampered this isn't your type of place. But if you're looking for a cheap, good quality massage this is exactly for you. There are so many places around Dong Khoi that passes our leaflets on cheap massages but unsure about the quality since you can't find too many reviews on-line. A 1 hr massage is 150,000 VND which is a bargain. You can use the steam room and sauna before the massage. I decided to do the 90 min massage for 210,000 VND and it was a mix of shiatu, thai, hot stone and deep tissue massage. It certainly feels more like place where the locals go to rather than a spa that's catering to westerners.

2  Thank ckim32
Reviewed 6 February 2008

I too enjoyed the Ngoc Anh massage. We stayed at the Riverside (not the Renaissance!) and there is a back entrance from the hotel directly into the spa. It was very clean and efficient and the massage was similar to the previous description. Overall great value for money.

3  Thank Notcomingback
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 February 2008

We were strolling along Dong Khoi and turned to its adjacent st. ,Ton duc thang , there we saw a signage of spa. It's located beside riverside hotel. We were lead by a man to the second floor level of the building.
Upon entering, we were greeted by the friendly receptionist and we ask for their price list. The body massage is just 120, 000 dong for 1 hour. It is a combination of hong kong, thailand and japanese massage. I was ushered to the ladies locker room and my hubby to the men's locker room.
The attendant asked if I wanted to have the massage right away. I requested to take a shower first. She handed me robe, towel and a disposable underwear. After the shower, I didn't go to the jacuzzi, steam or sauna although they have it available for you to use.
I went straight to the massage area. A common room greeted me with curtains to separate you from the next person in the massage bed. The downside of this is that when may locals flocked the place the room get a bit noisy from their non stop talking. My hubby has the same experience with the men's common room. His room was filed with men talking on their cellphones.
To get on with the massage, the masseuse assigned to me was very good. I felt very relax amongst the noise surrounding me. I almost fell asleep I guess. She did shiatsu massage first then the hot stone were rub against my back. After that, hot towel was use to wipe my back. The placed a warm blanket and proceeded to massage my head. SHe gave me a few minutes to relax on my own. Ad came back awhile later, to do some serious stretching.
Overall, the experience was great! i would love to come back for more!

23  Thank cookie-sweetie