Viet Orchid Travel Co. Ltd. - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Excellent customized itineraries and top-grade service

We've had three trips planned by Viet Orchid Travel (Hanoi-Sapa; Danang, Hue, Phong-Nga, Hoi An; Ho... read more

Reviewed 14 February 2020
8snowflake8
Asia
Two Old Codgers

Reviewed 15 March 2019
Wanderingoldlady

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 March 2019

VietOrchid did us proud and provided us with an amazing private tour of Cambodia and Vietnam. Excellent hotels, very caring guides and drivers, amazing sightseeing with just enough information and history. The highlights were kayaking at Halong Bay and Back of the Bike tour in Saigon - we felt like teenagers again but very safe! To round off three weeks of touring, we collapsed at a beautiful beach retreat on Phu Quoc island where the service, food and facilities were outstanding. VietOrchid gave us a memorable holiday and would have no hesitation in recommending their services.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Our second time with this company. We have used the bigger name UK-based tour companies for the rest of SE Asia and South America, but for Vietnam this company is tough to beat.

Viet Orchid know all the best local operators and we found we were going to the same places, same Ha Long Bay cruises, same hotels, same cooking courses as the prestige companies, but for a major saving.

To be honest, that isn't enough to justify the decision since these companies have impressive pools of guides and other benefits too, but what does make the difference is when something goes wrong.

We were in the same hotel as guests with other companies (we have used before) and when the recent (terrible) floods hit central Vietnam no one was calling them. They had to call back to the UK to find out what the back up plan was for their flooded out next hotel.

Instead, I had already received a call in my room from Viet Orchid, assuring us everything was under control and they were monitoring the situation. They ensured the guides were also aware.

We also had the chance to meet one of the owners in Hue. A very easy company to do business with.

We finished off our 2.5 week tour in Hoi An with Hang, one of their best guides.

If you're planning to visit or re-visit Vietnam, drop them an email.

Date of experience: November 2017
3  Thank RockThrust
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Recommended here through a colleague and not disappointed. Prompt follow-up to my inquiries with a range of choices. I appreciated that they weren't only trying to sell me on high end options. The cool thing was I ended up meeting both owners during my travels which was a surprise. Getting the local knowledge of a place is awesome but having the owner of a company making personally sure the trip was going well was highly appreciated. Thanks!!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Viet Orchid has always been my number 1 go-to travel company when travelling in the region.

I am an experienced traveller, and have lived in South East Asia myself, so I tend to do things independently usually and am often wary of tour companies. The great thing with Viet Orchid is that they will take on board your personal needs and provide options for the product and service that fits you. In my case, that meant getting hold of tickets for cruises in Hoi An, organising overland travel plans, booking hotels and making sure I was looked after every step of the way without trying to sell me something I didn't need.

Warren was an absolute gent in communication and made sure I got a personal response to every enquiry (and i'm sure i bombarded him with a few), and Lan made sure to meet us personally in her home town of Hue. She is a shining star in Vietnam, where you come across a lot of scam artists and aggressive sales tactics, and she made sure we avoided all that. The balance of eastern and western travel knowledge really works.

I've returned time and time again to Viet Orchid simply because they make everything so simple, they don't overcharge and they go out of their way to ensure you get the best service. For big or small travel requirements I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them

Date of experience: November 2016
Warren G, Manager at Viet Orchid Travel Co. Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear nightdancer

Thanks indeed for writing your kind words and we're all looking forward to welcoming you back here again - hopefully soon!