“Fab place”
Review of Valentine Hotel

Valentine Hotel
Ranked #30 of 124 Hotels in Hue
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I loved my time here, the staff are the nicest friendliest iv come across in vietnam! They do what ever they can to help u and always with a smile, pow and kenny and the crew are fab. The room i was in was had a bath which i used as it was so clean, whenever there has been a bath before i havent used it as it was grubby! Not here tho, i ended up having a bath on both night and it was awesome :) i would defo reccommend this place

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kerry C

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The staff were warm, welcoming and super friendly. I stayed there last year for a few nights and they helped me and my friend out with transportation and local recommendations, I think we even rented bikes with them too. They invited us to dine with them and one of the girls even gave me a manicure on an epically rainy day.
The hotel is good value for money, albeit slightly outdated but this didn't affect my stay at all. The only problem I had was finding the place on my first night as Hue (like other cities in Vietnam) can be dark at night lacking street lights.
Breakfast is good and there is cheap, chilled water. Bedrooms are comfortable and with everything I needed for a pleasant stay.
I'd defo recommend this hotel and would stay there again if I had the chance.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SofaP12
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the Valentine after 20 hours of travelling and straightaway Thao on reception made us feel right at home. I can't fault this hotel at all. our room was more than adequate, the staff were all warm, friendly, informative and not at all pushy when it came to tours etc. and what's more our room cost next to nothing. our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.
They organised a driver to take us to Hoi An the next day and we were happy to discover that this included a personal tour of the area between the two cities, stopping at points of interest that we would have otherwise missed.
I can't recommend this hotel highly enough!
ps: I categorically do not work for the hotel!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Ben N
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Had an excellent stay for four nights. The staff were excellent friendly and always happy to help, be it with exchanging money or organising day trips. Location great and easily accessible to all the main tourist spots in the city. Breakfast was included and had a wide variety of Vietnamese and Western breakfasts to cater for every ones needs, the room was well equipped with a wifi connection which worked effectively, a computer available in the room,.. the breakfast was plentiful and of good quality. The tours that we booked through the hotel was perfect and good value. Please look no further if you see this hotel available online.

Room Tip: a Double in the back of building would be nice and Quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank aureychan
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

From the moment you meet 'Pow' and the rest of the staff you will know you made the right decision. From a good breakfast (included), the coldest fridge in Vietnam (included), water from downstairs in the middle of the night (20p for 1.5l), a nice firm bed in a good aircon and fanned room that's cleaned every day, free wifi (didn't work on the 5th floor tho), our 6-night stay was brilliant. Off the main drag means quiet in all rooms (obligatory vehicle horns excepted!!), and tours, mopeds and onward travel all available without being rammed down your throat.
For the price, I can't recommend it enough.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank David S
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here before and after our trip to phong nha cave June 2014. The manager peter thai was one of the nicest, most helpful people I came across during my 1 month stay in Vietnam. We were about to head out and he insisted that we find a restaurant quickly because it was about to rain for an hour and a half (there wasn't a cloud in the sky). He was totally right and saved us from a very wet afternoon. Staff speaks great English and makes sure you're totally comfortable.

Room Tip: most rooms have Window ..but you should request for one in front of street .
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kainjoanna
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night and could not have been happier to leave! Hotel staff was unfriendly and I didnt feel like a welcome guest. I did not expect a 4 star hotel, I am very aware that this is a budget hotel but no reason at all to give guests the feeling they are not welcome. Every time I came back from the market or went to the pc to check my emails the reception staff looked at me as if I am a criminal and have been asked several times "Miss, your room number!" in a very annoyed and unfriendly tone. I have been travelling around a lot in Vietnam and have a different room number every 3rd day or so. So I needed my 3-4 seconds to remember the number, the lady got pretty upset and answered with a plain "NO". I corrected myself and she still did not believe me. We had to go to the counter and look through her books that I really am a guest. Her behavior was overall pretty unfriendly and I did not feel safe in my room.When I came back from the marked at night time, my door war unlocked and I am absolutely sure that I did lock the door! When checking out the lady must have known that I was not enjoying my time at this hotel and said to me "so you are not happy with this hotel?" I said "no, sorry, i am not", The hotel manager suddenly stormed around the corner and told me to leave his hotel! I was a bit surprised as I was not seeing this happen and left staight away.

The rooms where reasonbly clean but very hospital like. This hotel spoiled my entire impression of Hue and I wouldnt never spend another night in that Hotel. I spend an extra $2 and had the most amazing time in a hotel not far from this one.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo