“Superb Service”

and 1 more site!
New Star Hotel
Ranked #63 of 122 Hotels in Hue
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Their friendliness overrides any niggles that we expected from a reasonably priced hotel. We were there as young retirees and as such were not on holiday, just staying away from home. There are not many activities for us in Hue but walking around endlessly with the occasional pushbike run to the beach (12 kilometres but highly recommended) over our 3 weeks was worth the effort and pleasantly enlightening. We let the hotel organise the pushbike hire, a taxi and our bus ticket out for which we were rewarded with proper prices instead of being fleeced by all and sundry. We mentioned a birthday after one week and were given an ornate cake amidst a host of smiles and genuine friendliness. Overall the room was cleaned effectively daily, what was on the box was in the package and the breakfast was extensive enough to select a good meal from all the Vietnamese weird stuff. We would come back here, despite our adventurous spirit, just for the fun of it.

Room Tip: Only half the rooms have a balcony so ask for one. If anything does go wrong tell them (nicely) and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank petelucas3
NewStarHotel, Director of Sales at New Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Petelucas3,

Greetings from New Star Hotel Hue.

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel and for your continued supports to our hotel. I am glad to read that you had great time with us and nice compliments to our staff, our room, our restaurants ,… on your occasions.

I wish your trip went well and we will have a chance to welcome you to New Star Hotel on your next visit.

Let us welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Hue, Vietnam. We would like you to discover something wonderfully new while staying with us again.

Once more time, thank you for your staying with us.

P/s: Should you need any information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us via email: sales@newstarhuehotel.com

Best wishes,
Le Truong Nhat Khanh

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Arrived from Hanoi on the overnight train in Hue. I had called this hotel the day before and said I would be staying two nights in Hue and would like to stay with them. This was fine and the price would be $25 per night for a double room, so we agreed to see them tomorrow morning. After doing some research on Hue traveling on the train, we decided to stay one night to take in the sights and move on to Hoi an. On arrival at the hotel we said to the staff (which were nice and friendly) that it is now just one night we wish to stay, the price went up to $35. I did question the price, but as I'm not on a budget and my girlfriend did not want to cause a scene, we paid.
The hotel it's self is clean tidy and has friendly staff. Room was again clean and tidy. Did not use the pool, but looked clean. Good location to see the sights and sample food/bars and shops. They booked a private car to take us to Hoi an ($65) which seemed fair for a 3 to 4hr trip stopping and sight seeing as we pleased along the way.
Great hotel just not so happy about the change of price. It may have been miscommunication, but I did double check when booking, to make sure the total for the originally planned two nights was a total of $50.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank DannyRix

DannyRix,

Thank you for writing your kind words following your recent stay at New Star hotel. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your time with us and that you our spacious rooms and our great location was well received. I can only extend my sincere apologies that matter of room rate was occurred upon check in, but hope this did not effect your stay. Maybe have a misunderstanding about room rate which took place through our call. I contacted to our receptionist about your review, I am working in one's capacity as Hotel Sales person, I confirmed your room rate is usd 35 per night. We did not sell any booking with rate of usd 25 before. I am also sorry for this inconvenience & hope you could ignore this matter.
I very much look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Hue.

P/s: Any booking, you could make reservation directly to us via email: sales@newstarhuehotel.com

With warmest wishes,
Le Truong Nhat Khanh

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We were meant to stay just one night in this hotel but we were caught by the rain and could not catch our flight out of Hue because of floods. It was a bit of an annoying situation but Thuy My, the young French-speaking lady at the reception was more than helpful dealing with the airline and taxi for us. So we enjoyed 2 nights of their comfortable room (but unfortunately the weather did not let us try the swimming pool)
Thank you again Thuy My for your very kind help!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank blandouille
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I am a regular visitor to Vietnam and Hue City since 2008 and this year I traveled with 3 nephews. While looking for a suitable accommodation, I found this hotel in the website, got interested because of the location which is just next to the other hotel where I stayed last year plus there is an outdoor pool. At the time of booking the reviews from previous guests were mostly positive so I did not hesitate to stay here. Before the trip I was already exchanging conversations with their Mr. Nhat Khan in the FB site. So far, I was impressed with the way he handled my inquiries and this gave me a good impression about this hotel. Obviously, we were having high expectations.

From Hoi An I requested Mr. Nhat Khan to meet us at the bus stop upon arrival in Hue. It seems that he was not on duty so we just managed to come to the hotel by taxi. It took some time before our rooms become available. The lady receptionist told us that there are welcome drinks but we were really tired from the trip so we wanted to rush to our rooms. I phoned her from my room to ask about the welcome drink and she replied saying that I need to call the restaurant, which I did. The restaurant guy took our order and we were asked to come to the restaurant where it will be served. After consuming our drinks we returned to our rooms.

At check out time I was surprised to get the bill for the welcome drinks. This is the only hotel in the world where a guest must pay for a welcome drink. I refused to pay the bill but the lady receptionist insisted. We were checking out to catch up with an early morning tour to Paradise Cave so I thought the petty bill was not worth my time so without any further argument I just paid. We left our luggage at the reception with the instruction that someone from the Gerbera Hotel will come to collect our luggage anytime of the day since I have made the necessary arrangement with Gerbera Hotel. Upon returning to Hue City from our long day tour, the tourist bus dropped us at the New Star Hotel. I went to the reception to ask if our luggage have been transferred to Gerbera but I was surprises and disappoint to find the answer to my question. They alleged that nobody from Gerbera Hotel called or came. To cut a long story we had to personally carry our luggage as we transfer to Gerbera Hotel. I confronted the receptionist at Gerbera Hotel about the incident but they reasoned out that they have been calling New Star Hotel who confirmed that we have already checked out and no baggage was left for safekeeping. Gerbera Hotel is aware that I am a regular guest since 2010 and I have no doubt about their professionalism when it comes to customer service. In fairness, Mr. Nhat Khan did a good job while we were there but his other colleagues were not able to live up with our expectations. The New Star Hotel has decent rooms and facilities which provide a level of comfort and luxury at a reasonable price. The management needs to either re-orient their front liners to cope with the requirements of the job or just simple replace incompetent staff with more qualified personnel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the pool. The rooms at the higher floors provide a good view of the city a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank pinoytraveller2
NewStarHotel, Manager at New Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Mr. Tubiera,

Warmly greetings from New Star Hotel Hue.

Firstly, thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at New Star Hotel Hue. We are passionate about providing each guest with a highly attentive and personalized level of service. I was therefore disappointed to learn that on this occasion it appears we did not achieve this. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed.

We had a meeting between Our receptionists and Restaurant staffs about this matter. Maybe, they had misunderstood your request. Because you receive your room, after then called a fruit juice. Hence, waiter brought juice fruit order to your room dispite welcome drink. And your luggage, we did not receive any phone from Gebera reception, so we keep your luggage at our lobby until you come back our hotel.

We have noted your comments regarding certain Reception Team skills. Rest assured, we are also constantly reviewing our guesst and we regularly have training course to meet our guests’ expectations and preferences.

We hope that you will come back soon.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Large comfortable clean rooms, with a balcony and great shower. Excellent location, relatively close to train station, good bars and restaurants and within walking distance of markets (couple of kms).
Staff were fantastic, especially the female Assistant manager who offered us use of the pool and shower to freshen up before catching our train later in the afternoon.
Overall a very pleasant stay - definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank dimps05

Dear dimps05,

Thank you so much for you kind review about your recent stay at New Star Hotel Hue. It was a pleasure to read your comments and I will share this review with all our staff members.

We are very proud that you consider us as one of your favorite hotels and we would love to see your family again in the near future.

Should you need any assistance, please feel free to contact us via email: info@newstarhuehotel.com

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Hotel is nice. it has a small elevator the rooms are large. There is a pool of the 3rd floor of the hotel. It is on a roof top lots of sun. The hotel has a restaurant in the front of the driveway.
The restaurant is nice and big but the service is slow. The owner refuses to use the AC and plays with the lighting. There are large fans on in the restaurant to cool the guest down. I did try the Pizza its was not bad. They serve cold coffee because the locals like it cool. I had them heat it up in the microwave. Overall not so bad hotel there is a pharmacy right outside the hotel at the end of the driveway.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank dorenemassetti
NewStarHotel, Manager at New Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Our valued customer,

We would like to thank you for your staying with us and share your experience during your stay with us. We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the location and leisure activities in our property.

About your comment we will try to improve our service and facilities to be worthy with your belive. When you come back to New Star hotel Hue in the near future, we make sure that our service will be satisfied about you better.

Once more time, thank you so much for choosing New Star hotel and for taking valuable time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Although this hotel is situated within the busy restaurant area we found it to be very quiet.
Rooms immaculate & large size. Reception & restaurant staff very friendly. Pool is a bonus, especially on those hot Vietnam days. Easy walking distance to restaurants, markets & Citadel.
Food in the restaurant is of a high quality. Great place for any age.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank mdavies70
NewStarHotel_13, Manager at New Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Mdavies,

Thank you for your most positive response posted on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

We are very grateful to you for staying with us and are very happy to hear that you had an amazing time. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in very near future.

Once more time, On behalf of Hotel management of board we would like to say that we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back someday soon! Thanks again.

Yours sincerely,