“Great value for above average accomodations.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vina Hotel Hue

and 1 more site!
Vina Hotel Hue
Ranked #33 of 121 Hotels in Hue
NC
“Great value for above average accomodations.”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I am a single traveler, often staying in hostels and budget accomodations, and must say that this hotel has been one of the best hotel values I have experienced during my travels in Thailand and Vietnam thus far. Now, it is not to replace the dirt cheap cost of sharing a room with 8 other smelly/drunk/snoring/loud backpackers, but it is an affordable escape for a nice rest. Very comfortable beds, air conditioning, fairly central location with cafes and restaurants around, hot showers, tv...all the works. I would say the the free breakfast is worth 1/3 the price I paid for room....whatever you want with choice of omlettes, noodle soups, vietnamese banana pancakes, bacon, fruit, plus normal drinks. The staff were super friendly and even bought me coffee at the cool cafe across the street. They also have scooter rentals for about $7 USD a day. Anyways, if you come to Hue, and are looking for a nice yet affordable place, then this is it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here one night on a quick stopover in Hue and only have good things to say. Found the hotel staff extremely friendly and helpful when we had any queries about getting around the city or arranging transfers to the airport the next day. We upgraded to the room with 1 double and 1 single bed to give us a bit more room. It was very clean and had all the amenities you can expect. Even after upgrading from the cheapest room it was the cheapest hotel we stayed in on our entire Vietnam trip. I'm sure with 2 or more people it'd be cheaper than a hostel. Breakfast was typical for all the Vietnamese hotels we stayed in i.e. pretty basic but set you up for the day.

Would recommend to anyone travelling to Hue.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hoi An, Vietnam
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Vina Hotel
57/3 Nguyen Cong Tru Street, Hue City, Hue, Vietnam.

This place was sourced and booked for me by my friends at Phuoc An River Hotel in Hoi An.

Here’s a tip. If you have a good relationship with the people at the hotel that you’re staying at then you will get a better price if they book your next hotel for you.
I’ve stayed at Phuoc An River Hotel a number of times now and get them to take care of everything for me.

Travelling by motorbike, speaking no Vietnamese and without GPS can be a little frustrating so, note to self, this place is down a lane way.

There's an advantage to this because it's in a quiet location and it has a knock out coffee place(Giao Mua) just across the lane.

Top attractions in the local area include the DMZ Bar & Cafe which is where a lot of foreigners gather and it's literally just around the corner.

This hotel is in an area with plenty of restaurants and plenty of sightseeing opportunities whether it's local or launching a trip further afield to Khe San, Vinh Moc tunnels, DMZ1 and The Rockpile.

Price is great($18 inc. breakfast).

Great staff who were very attentive and were very keen for me to make comment on Trip Advisor.

Tourist attractions nearby;
Thien Mu Pagoda, the major Buddhist Temple is just a half hour boat trip up the river(200,000d return booked via the hotel) and worth every darn dong.
The Imperial City is just a 5 minute car/bike trip away or an interesting 45 minute walk along the river.

I was in a standard river view room and it was quite comfortable as well as being well appointed and, most importantly, clean(although guys you really do need to check UNDER the beds just like I did before I left checking for anything that might have been kicked under).

As far as the "attentive staff" comment is concerned they really do TRY and because I'm in sales I like good service AND good after sales service and of all the hotels I've stayed in Vietnam this is the only one that's followed ME up so I thought I'd share the email I was sent on the afternoon I left 'cos I think this says it all;

Dear Mr Chris,

We always really happy when thanksgiving approaching because this wonderful holiday affords us the pleasure opportunity to thank all of your friends.

This last week has been good to us and we thank you for your choice and allowing us to be at service to you, surely make your holiday would be interesting and perfectly.

If we had any mistakes or not satisfaction of you, please give us your advices which are improving our services be better to make customers feel really pleasure when they come here and stay their second home.

All of staffs of Vina Hue hotel are really thankful about your reviews in the society networks and Tripadvisor help us more develop careers belong the best services to customers.

We’re looking forward to wait your reply and see you come back Vina Hue hotel!

Your Sincerely,

LE DUC TIEN(Mr).

Hotel Manager.

"Cam on" to all the staff at Vina. Well done.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I spent four days at the Vina Hotel in Hue This week and The room was clean spacious and had a great river view. The staff was attentive and helpful; the breakfast was good and the location was very convenient for all my activities in Hue. It is in a quiet small alley and across from the hotel were two very good coffee shops that seem very popular at night and have good coffee. At one you can sit under cool trees by the riverside and relax and work on the internet if that be you pleasure. The hotel had good wifi as well. The hotel had a spa with great sauna and jacuzzi which I used for hours after a long day filming a concert. A few blocks away on Vo Thi Sau there are many restaurants with traditional Hue as well as western and Indian. Check out the silk fabric shops nearby.

Room Tip: the higher the better
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Harvey M
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The hotel service was excellent especially Long did very nice to me.Thank you very much Long!! See you!

• Stayed October 2013
Donetsk, Ukraine
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Unfortunately we didn't spend much time in the hotel, literaly one night. But we enjoyed our stay a lot. After 24 hour train trip hotel looked like oasis for us. Nice, clean rooms, comfy beds.

In the morning we realized that the river view of also great and the breakfast is tasty, though not so big choice.

Staff is friendly and helpful.

Hotel offers open bus tickets and private car rental to tombs trip, but as usualy, you'll find better deals outside, in various travel agencies or just by negotiating with the taxi drivers on the street. We got 450,000 VND price for half day tomb trip with a taxi. Could be little cheaper, but we didn't want to spend more time walking around.

Check out Phuong Nam cafe almost at crossing of Tran Cao Van and Qang Hoa Thami streets, tasty, friendly and cheap.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hue, Vietnam
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Vina Hotel Hue. the hotel is a modern hotel with river views, our rooms were very clean and serviced to a very high standard, all the staff are very helpful. the door man (Mr long) even walked us to a local restaurant and chemist on our first day as we didn't know our way around.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone (family, friends on holidays and business) staying in Hue

Room Tip: rooms with river views
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends