DMZ Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsthe rivercomfortable bedsair conhotel offersgreat value for moneyvisited huelocal marketfree breakfastrecommend this hotelstayed here for one nightthe room was nicephong nhadong ba marketbackpacker areaexcellent locationhotel is greatlovely staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Upon arrival at this hotel, I had an unfortunate incident with a taxi driver who ripped me off. The man behind the desk who I later found out was the owner of the hotel, called the company of the taxi driver and we worked it out. Than I received my second surprise of the day: the hotel could not fulfill my booking, The hotel was overbooked. I was put in another hotel for the day which was not as good as the DMZ. But both the manager and hotel owner went out of their way to carry my bags and offered me their apologies. To make up for this unpleasant event, the owner took me by car to my next destination, Hoi An which was about 30 minutes by car. On the way, the owner who spoke excellent English told me about his life and lots of info. on Vietnam. I realized how difficult it is to run a hotel, and it is not easy by any stretch on the imagination. I will remember DMZ hotel most not for the friendly staff or quiet/spacious rooms which I stayed in later for two nights-but the kindness of the owner of the hotel ( a certain Mr. Lee).

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river. You can see the sky line of Hue.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Superion option for travelers with low budget and great expectations :-)
Clean big rooms, friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast, great location :-)

We were also given a voucher for 10% discount in DMZ bar located nearby - also recommended (was getting sick of eating vietnamese food all the time and this was a great opportunity for me to have some western food - finally) :-) of course, they serve vietnamese cuisine, too.
Recommended!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jithuzska
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Arrived here from Phng Nha Farmstay, who recommended it. Close enough to the backpacker area without being in it. Reasonable rate to hire a motorbike (Manual 100,000 VND per day) too. The rooms were clean, large with good wifi. They were happy to negotiate a price for the rooms as I wanted a cheaper one but they didn't have any on the first night. Gave me a suite for $25 and changed to a cheaper room the second night. Good value, enthusiastic, friendly staff. Can't say fairer than that. They even sent me an email thanking me for my stay and wishing me a good onward journey.

Room Tip: Suites have a balcony and you can see the river.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank GuangzhouQuietStorm
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

In a nutshell, this centrally located hotel offers budget travellers everything they need. The rooms are clean and quite large too. The staff is extremely helpful and sure to make that extra step to make you satisfied. Definitely recommended!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daniel K
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Our room was comfortable, spacious & well equipped with reasonable price. The hotel is easy walking distance to Trang Tien Bridge and restaurants. Plus DMZ staff were helpful and very friendly especially the reception young lady who always put a lovely smile on her face. Yes, we do enjoyed our short stay here in this beautiful city of Hue.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends