“Hue to Ha noi”
Review of Jade Hotel

Jade Hotel
Ranked #8 of 122 Hotels in Hue
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I had found and booked this Hotel on the Agoda website the previous night in Na Trang. After a long, hot and uncomfortable bus ride I arrived to this small, but well appointed little gem.
No sooner had I walked in their front door, that I was greeted by a member of staff with one of the friendliest and brightest smiles that I have think I have ever seen on someone's face.
I was invited to sit down and relax in the lobby, whilst I was presented with a small plate of fruit, a cold glass of a Lemonade type of drink and in my opinion, the piece de resistance. A small neatly wrapped lemon scented cold towel. This after the journey up from HoI An was without doubt one of the best things, ever. These little touches would show themselves time and again from the staff at the Jade. Like after coming back from a long hot day of sight seeing, they woul present you another cold drink and another cold towel.

The hotel room itself was of a good size, appointed with a small flat screen T.V on wall, Mini Bar, good size bed, though a little hard (expect this a lot in Vietnam) and Tea and Coffee making Facilities. Shower/Toilet combination was adequate, so was the breakfast.

For me as a solo traveler and after staying at a few other Hotels in Vietnam, I think that this Hotel was one of my favourites. I think the price you pay is very good for what they offer you, but the very best value you can receive from the Jade is the warm and friendly staff, this I think is priceless.

As I am not a big fan of Hue, I think it doubtful that I would visit there again. But if ever I was passing through, then I would definitely stay at the Jade Hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 302. located at middle left side of building, if looking out. No Elevators. Has A/C. Mini Bar...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is a place where you book a couple of nights and you end up staying a long time. Still in the hotel while writing this review. The staff is so friendly. Fresh juice, breakfast, wet towels are wonderfull. Enjoy your stay at Jade Hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed in the cheapest room and it was wonderfull!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We only had a one night stay here but the service was the best we'd had in Vietnam. We were greeted with delicious fruit drinks and coffee + hot towels. The room was very clean and also ver big and spacious with a nice bathroom.

Would definitely recommend this place to fellow travellers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our two-night stay at the Jade Hotel. From the moment we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by friendly staff members and offered cool drinks, snacks and face towels to freshen up. Happily, the same quality of service was provided to us every time we entered and exited the building!

The double room itself was modest (we did not expect it to be big) but had a bar fridge, separate bathroom, airconditioning, cable TV and wifi and was clean. It also cost AUD15 per night, including breakfast, which is extraordinary value. No doubt, the real strength of the hotel is the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff members. This was no more obvious than when the staff members offered to, and did, cook us breakfast at 5.00 am (we needed to leave early for a flight) even though breakfast itself did not start until after 7.00 am. We were not offered such attentive and diligent service anywhere else during our travels to Vietnam, let alone at the same price point as the Jade Hotel.

We suspect that it would be difficult to find a better value and more friendly hotel in Hue than the Jade Hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meglez
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This little hotel gave me and my boyfriend great time! When we got there from extreme-hot outside world, they welcomed us with really chilled juice and warm smile, even they offer breakfast before check in. Although our room was just a standard room on the ground floor, it was quite, extremely clean with nice and neat decorations, tea/coffee facilities, and real flowers!!
Only one thing, bathroom is pretty small, but it was not big deal at all!!
If I go to Hue again, I'll definitely stay in Jade Hotel again!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed in July 2013. We've been travelling Asia for 5 months and this was one of our favourite hotels. The staff are unbelievably friendly, breakfast is good, price is cheap, and rooms are clean and huge with great beds. I have been raving about this place to anyone I know heading to Vietnam. We didn't love the city of hue very much but we are telling people to go there literally for this hotel. It's just amazing!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2013

If you glance through the reviews for Jade Hotel,you quickly get the picture.I can only reiterate that in this price range,what you get is exceptional.
My room was quiet,comfortable and well equipped with air con,cable T.V.,fridge and very comfortable bed. The location is in a touristy/backpacker area,with numerous eating & drinking places.You can choose between restaurants with menus in English,or more authentic,and cheaper,local food. Perfume River is 15 minutes walk,the morning market(less touristic than the night market) 25 minutes walk..
However,what makes the Jade Hotel exceptional is the staff. A cool towel,fruit and juice on arrival,a genuine warm welcome and no hard sell of any description.
What more can I say? Try it,you'll like it!

Room Tip: My room,upstairs at rear,was quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo