“Brilliant”

Google Hostel
Ranked #11 of 124 Hue B&B and Inns
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last week. Everything was amazing. Free beer from mid day untill mid night can you believe that? Staffs were really funny and helpful. City centre location, walking distance. Free bike rental if you book from booking.com so thumbs up!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Alan R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Drenthe Province, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel is better known as the Google Hotel, the staff is calling it so by themselves. We slept three nights in a very spacious twin room with two huge beds. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpfull. Breakfast was included and was very well. Coffee and tea we're the whole day for free, as well the local beer after 5 pm. The location of the hotel is very central, only a 10 minute walk to the citadel in the old town.

Room Tip: Ask for a twin room. The beds are big enough to sleep together if you want to, but you have more spa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nick30051956
Ballina, Ireland
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Sayed here with my boyfriend for 1 night, staff instantly pounced on us pushing bus tours and putting pressure that if we did not book we would miss out on getting to hoi an. We booked provisionally and changed our mind an hour later and cancelled. Their attitude instantly changed and they insisted on knowing details of our new plans. Morning was met with large hairs in our breakfast, a charge for not taking the bus and also a different price than the one we had booked on the internet and paid a deposit for. When we argued he simply said that is the price. Considering they keep your passport this gave is little choice. Hugely disappointed as we had gone from the lonely planet recommendation

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank racheljones75
Bedford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here in July 2014. Very friendly staff, free coffee, tea, wifi, and beer. Nice location, easy to find from bus station. Good air conditioning and very in expensive. A nice place for budget travelers

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank freespirit737
Asia
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 5 nights and hated every one of them. The staff were always trying to sell us a tour no matter how many times we said no! It got extremely frustrating to the point where you wanted to scream NO! The window in our room didn't even fit the frame so the noise was worse and i'm pretty sure plenty of creepy crawles got in through the gaps. When we told the woman downstairs she came up to our room and simply said 'windows too small' and closed the curtains! The only upsides to this hotel is the friendly gentlemen that sings to you which is cute and the free beer which is just drinkable but hey it is free.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank TravellingAsia2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here for one night despite my initial instinct of bad feeling and I regret it greatly. Upon arrival, I was shown to a single room that seemed unclean and smelled of cigarettes. There were stains on the wall and dust around the table and TV. I told myself, "What can you expect from a budget hostel" despite having read a good recommendation from the Lonely Planet guidebook I had with me. The bed was neatly made but when I flipped over the comforter, I noticed that the bed sheet was 'wrinkled" as if someone had just gotten out of bed. I knew that the bed sheet had not been changed from the last guest's stay. I should have left the hotel then....but I ended up going downstairs and complained about the sheet and asked them to change it to a new one. The management seemed to not care much and promised me that he will take care of it and told me to wait at the café. After waiting for 30 or so minutes and having had no communication and not being able to find the initial management person, I asked another person if they were ready with my room. He had no idea that I had been waiting for my room and took me up to the room. Surprise surprise... the bed sheet had not been changed. I demanded that they change it immediately and the management finally got the maids to come and they changed the sheet while I stood there to make sure.

After spending one night in a dirty room, I was definitely ready to leave early in the morning. I really worried if I had contacted bed bugs or other creepy crawlies since who knows how often they change out the comforters or pillows for that matter. I will never trust Lonely Planet's hotel recommendation as they are often outdated. My mistake.

I do, however want to say that there was one guy working there who was really friendly and made sure that I was having a good time at the hotel. He sang me songs (as he wanted to become a singer) and was very kind. Thumbs up for this guy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank brilliantjoy1
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We were planning on staying here 1 night but ended up spending 3 nights. Lovely staff and awesome breakfast. (Banana pancakes!) Laid back atmosphere and we'd definitely recommend it to anyone. Clean rooms and airco , worth the money. So if you pass by give it a try , that's how we ended up here.

Stayed July 2014