“Excellent - highly recommend”

Moonlight Hotel Hue
Ranked #19 of 125 Hotels in Hue
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night after doing a long, but wonderful motorcycle tour from Hoi An to Hue. Despite arriving slightly disheveled and on the back of a bike, staff treated me like I had pulled up in a limousine. They helped take my helmet off, unhooked my bags and immediately provided refreshments and a very cool face cloth. The room was gorgeous, spacious, luxurious and exceptionally clean. Wonderful views from the windows and top quality furnishings and fittings. Lovely roof top bar with amazing views, great location, lovely staff and wide range of choice for breakfast. It was slightly more expensive than budget hotels in the area but for $60 AUD a night excellent value. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank JodieS186
Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked Moonlight Hotel due to a good online deal and we were very impressed with our choice. The warmest welcome during our entire Vietnam holiday, the staff even had our names flash up on the lobby TV to say welcome which was cute. Truc in the concierge team was wonderful through out our stay, but every member of the concierge team helped to make us feel at home. The view from the rooftop bar was pretty awesome. The hotel is in such a great location, we had so much choice for everything! The only downside was the hotel seemed to suffer a few power issues during our stay, but this did not affect our stay too adversely. Very good breakfast selection.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed for 3 nights, perfect service, comfortable stay. Truc, the friendly guy at the entrance, - young, good english, very polite - helped us a lot, by lending a motorcycle and checking train-tickets, to get an overnight train to the north. - thanks Truc!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The moonlight hotel is new and modern. It is located in the centre of town with great restuarants in the street. The staff were extremely nice and friendly and would help us in any way for example negoitating a good price for a cyclo trip around Hue...on that note watch out for these cyclo guys outside the hotel they are a bit shifty, negotiate a price with them first, dont let them say "dont worry we look after you" I learnt the hard way paid way too much.
The breakfasts at moonlight were the best we had in Vietnam and the views from the restaurant are outstanding. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and I will revisit in future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicky2705
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Contrary to what everyone kept telling me, six days in Hue wasn't too long if you stay in the Moonlight Hotel. I had a Signature Suite on the 8th floor and it was quite charming, with all the comforts of home. The bed is huge and there is a spacious lounge area. The suite has two plasma TVs, one for the bed, one for the lounge and two air con units. The bathroom was great, with a highly amusing electronic panel on the side of the toilet (heaven knows what would happen if you pushed the buttons).
The hotel has a spa on the 1st floor mezzanine level. I was there most nights and can highly recommend them, especially if they've got promotional discounts as they did when I was there. Similarly, there was a discount on laundry while I was there and it worked out pretty cheap. I tried one room service meal and it wasn't bad at all (special chicken curry at 140,000 dong).
The breakfast offering is big - with a big selection of Asian meals, as well as the usual European fare, but watch out if you happen to be in the hotel when they have large groups of domestic tourists staying as they tend to swamp the area at around 7am. The seats on the restroom side of the restaurant offer the best views of the Century Hotel and the Perfume River.
My only slight niggle was that the pool doesn't really look clean enough to swim in and the nearby 'gym' was small and looked like an uncomfortable sun trap.
But as I say, these are only very minor niggles. The hotel staff went over the top to be warm and welcoming from the minute I arrived to the time I left. They even negotiated a cyclo driver to take me to the Citadel and back. A special mention to Thuc, the lovely doorman who always welcomed me with a very warm smile and was ever helpful in supplying local knowledge.
I know a lot of people only stay in Hue for two or three days maximum, but I managed to fill my time seeing tombs and other sights and only had one really lazy day.
The weather was extremely hot when I was there, but it really helped to be able to return to a central oasis of calm each day. Thank the lord for good air conditioning!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 801 which was the back of the hotel and disappointingly, didn't have a river vi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Very good hotel in central Hue with nearby bars, restaurants and bazaars. Nicely decorated, clean and amply sized rooms, though the bed was kinda hard for my taste. Friendly and courteous staff, always accommodating for any questions or directions. Very good breakfast buffet with a large selection of hot and cold dishes. Roof top bar provides good views of the city while you enjoy a drink.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ima1derer
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Moonlight Hotel is very well located as the street and surrounding area has numerous bars and restaurants offering everything from cheap "backpackers beers" to a fine French family resturant. The area is very relaxed and accessible to the Citadel via a 25-30 minute walk or short cyclo ride. The hotel itself is a large tower building, so the views from the upper floors are quite impressive. The Riverview Room provided the view as advertised (although slightly interrupted by surrounding buildings on the lower level - I think we were on Level 8). The pool is under cover so the water was very cold, and there is a small sunbathing area for only about 8 people. The room was very large and well appointed, with a huge jacuzzi bathtub. Comfortable bed and sitting chairs, with a small balcony. The breakfast was quite broad but pretty standard quality - the view from the top floor for breakfast is impressive though. All the staff were pleasant and attentive, and assisted with booking and collecting our train tickets for us for a small fee (only a small issue when our tickets were given to another guest, but we got 2 tickets in the end so no matter). In general a very satisfactory place to stay and good value, with plenty of dining and drinking options on your doorstep.

Room Tip: The Riverview Rooms on the lower levels are fine, but for a real panoramic riverview, try to get a h...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple