“Super Boutique Hotel Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moonlight Hotel Hue

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Moonlight Hotel Hue
Ranked #21 of 123 Hotels in Hue
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Super Boutique Hotel Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Moonlight during a 3 week tour of Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. It was one of the nicest hotels we stayed in. Small, but well positioned. Close to all the activities, including the Perfume river and night time bars/restaurants. We also spent an evening at a Royal banquet where we were treated to fine Vietnamese dining with music and singing in a private room. We were dressed up for the night as King, Queen and Courtiers. A superb experience.
The hotel was friendly, fantastic rooms with jacuuzi bath and views over the river. Very clean and very comfortable. An excellent breakfast was available. Would definitely use again when we return to Hue.
We also felt welcomed by the lobby TV announcing our partiy's arrival!!
Very helpful staff all round.

Room Tip: A river view with Jacuuzi bath is a must!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Haydn C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night after doing a long, but wonderful motorcycle tour from Hoi An to Hue. Despite arriving slightly disheveled and on the back of a bike, staff treated me like I had pulled up in a limousine. They helped take my helmet off, unhooked my bags and immediately provided refreshments and a very cool face cloth. The room was gorgeous, spacious, luxurious and exceptionally clean. Wonderful views from the windows and top quality furnishings and fittings. Lovely roof top bar with amazing views, great location, lovely staff and wide range of choice for breakfast. It was slightly more expensive than budget hotels in the area but for $60 AUD a night excellent value. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank JodieS186
Jervis Bay, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked Moonlight Hotel due to a good online deal and we were very impressed with our choice. The warmest welcome during our entire Vietnam holiday, the staff even had our names flash up on the lobby TV to say welcome which was cute. Truc in the concierge team was wonderful through out our stay, but every member of the concierge team helped to make us feel at home. The view from the rooftop bar was pretty awesome. The hotel is in such a great location, we had so much choice for everything! The only downside was the hotel seemed to suffer a few power issues during our stay, but this did not affect our stay too adversely. Very good breakfast selection.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed for 3 nights, perfect service, comfortable stay. Truc, the friendly guy at the entrance, - young, good english, very polite - helped us a lot, by lending a motorcycle and checking train-tickets, to get an overnight train to the north. - thanks Truc!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

The moonlight hotel is new and modern. It is located in the centre of town with great restuarants in the street. The staff were extremely nice and friendly and would help us in any way for example negoitating a good price for a cyclo trip around Hue...on that note watch out for these cyclo guys outside the hotel they are a bit shifty, negotiate a price with them first, dont let them say "dont worry we look after you" I learnt the hard way paid way too much.
The breakfasts at moonlight were the best we had in Vietnam and the views from the restaurant are outstanding. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and I will revisit in future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicky2705
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Contrary to what everyone kept telling me, six days in Hue wasn't too long if you stay in the Moonlight Hotel. I had a Signature Suite on the 8th floor and it was quite charming, with all the comforts of home. The bed is huge and there is a spacious lounge area. The suite has two plasma TVs, one for the bed, one for the lounge and two air con units. The bathroom was great, with a highly amusing electronic panel on the side of the toilet (heaven knows what would happen if you pushed the buttons).
The hotel has a spa on the 1st floor mezzanine level. I was there most nights and can highly recommend them, especially if they've got promotional discounts as they did when I was there. Similarly, there was a discount on laundry while I was there and it worked out pretty cheap. I tried one room service meal and it wasn't bad at all (special chicken curry at 140,000 dong).
The breakfast offering is big - with a big selection of Asian meals, as well as the usual European fare, but watch out if you happen to be in the hotel when they have large groups of domestic tourists staying as they tend to swamp the area at around 7am. The seats on the restroom side of the restaurant offer the best views of the Century Hotel and the Perfume River.
My only slight niggle was that the pool doesn't really look clean enough to swim in and the nearby 'gym' was small and looked like an uncomfortable sun trap.
But as I say, these are only very minor niggles. The hotel staff went over the top to be warm and welcoming from the minute I arrived to the time I left. They even negotiated a cyclo driver to take me to the Citadel and back. A special mention to Thuc, the lovely doorman who always welcomed me with a very warm smile and was ever helpful in supplying local knowledge.
I know a lot of people only stay in Hue for two or three days maximum, but I managed to fill my time seeing tombs and other sights and only had one really lazy day.
The weather was extremely hot when I was there, but it really helped to be able to return to a central oasis of calm each day. Thank the lord for good air conditioning!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 801 which was the back of the hotel and disappointingly, didn't have a river vi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Karen C
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Very good hotel in central Hue with nearby bars, restaurants and bazaars. Nicely decorated, clean and amply sized rooms, though the bed was kinda hard for my taste. Friendly and courteous staff, always accommodating for any questions or directions. Very good breakfast buffet with a large selection of hot and cold dishes. Roof top bar provides good views of the city while you enjoy a drink.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple