Pilgrimage Village
  • Pool
US$20
  • Breakfast included
2,205 results
All reviewshoneymoon bungalowoutdoor showeroperations managershuttle busprivate poolmain poolbeautiful resorttai chirocking chairslotus pondshuttle servicespa treatmentsstar resortspa areahuge bathroomvietnamese standardsginger tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 December 2012

This is a wonderful resort that offers beautifully decorated rooms in a quiet and attractively landscaped setting, all in Vietnamese style. Staff were very helpful, even when we arrived after midnight due to a delayed flight, and we were given an upgrade to a honeymoon villa, which was spacious and well appointed. We found the distance from Hue no problem, as there is a free shuttle bus service, and there is a wonderful and very reasonable vegetarian restaurant 3 minutes away (Tinh Tam - Minh mang; see separate review). The only downside is the price of meals/drinks in the resort's restaurants/bars, which is completely unrealistic by Vietnamese standards - while we were happy to eat elsewhere, this leaves the resort's restaurants and bars largely deserted, detracting from the overall atmosphere. We often felt we were among the only guests (not necessarily a good thing) and which gave the resort a slightly abandoned feel. This said, we would happily return, for a longer stay, as the facilities, setting and staff are first class.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Annie101_11
Reviewed 17 December 2012

This is the perfect place to unwind! The hotel is just beautiful, very rustic and with a lot of character. The spa is spectacular. The hotel offers a cooking course for $50 which is worth every penny - the chef takes you to the local market to buy the ingredients, you cook the meal and they serve it to you for lunch / dinner.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2012

We stayed here for three nights after arriving from Ho Chi Minh.On our arrival we were given the information we needed and were left alone to do our own thing as we were tired from three flights.Our room was beautifull and spacous and clean.The room was surrounded by lush rainforest vegitationand were very close to pool and the breakfast room.Breakfast was every thing you could want. Fom vietnam food to western food and the waitress was not always in your face unlike other places I have stayed in Vietnam.The srevice was very good up at the front desk and if and when we had any problems in the room they were quick to help.We found this hotel a lovely place to stay if you weant to get away from it all.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2012

This was a great retreat and a steal in terms of value. The service was excellent from start to finish. I was picked up at the airport not just by a driver, but also by one of the concierge staff who provided a great mini-tour while driving from the airport to the property. Everything was well organized and she escorted me to my "honeymoon bungalow." The room was absolutely gorgeous! I did a 1/2 day tour of the Tu Duc Tomb, Citadel and Pagoda and they arranged an excellent third-party guide with hotel driver. The guide had excellent English and was super informative and cheerfully answered all of my inquisitive questions while discussing everyday life in Vietnam. They were also very flexible as I added a stop at the train station to purchase my onward ticket, which the guide also helped to procure. When the driver dropped me off he also helped at the train station. I naturally tipped for the great service a reasonable amount for the local economy.

I also tried their spa and they organized a morning full of services for me: accupressure foot massage, manicure, Hue hair treatment, and hair cut. One technician provided the first three treatments in their beautiful bungalows that have a very nice, zen-like feeling and appearance. Through the hair treatment I discovered soap berries and noticed an immediate improvement to the condition and feel of my hair that's still going strong several days later. I highly recommend that all try! The haircut was done by a male stylist and although he clearly didn't speak any English, the gal from the spa reception was on hand to facilitate translation and although her specific vocab for hair wasn't quite up to the task, she was able to describe what I wanted well enough and the stylist clearly knew what he was doing and I got a great cut.

Food was good with a great breakfast buffet included in the room and excellent room service with no extra charge beyond the regular menu prices. Laundry service was also great.

The only downside that seemed completely at odds with the excellent facilities and ambiance was their "fitness center," which had it's own little building that was literally appointed with early 2000s as seen on TV equipment such as Tony Little's Gazelle, that cheap plastic stair stepper with elastic bands for your hands, and super cheap ($50?) approximation to plastic elliptical machines. I was very disappointed with the equipment and after 15 minutes, I gave up trying to do anything there. It would be well worth their investment to get some gym-quality elliptical machines, recumbent bikes, and one or two treadmills and they could easily earn the title of "fitness center" without making any pretention to a proper spa gym that would still give their guests the ability to work out. They do offer free Tai Chi and yoga classes in the morning, but my schedule never fit their set time so the gym was what I was looking forward to the most.

The other small annoyance was a little gate that connected the path where my bungalow was located at the far end of the property to the spa area. It was closed with a lock and staff working nearby clearly didn't know why that was the case, but noted that's they way it was. Instead of getting to the fitness center three small buildings down and just beyond to spa reception, I had to walk 3 minutes around the property to get to spa reception the back way. Quite annoying with little sense to it all.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2012

An oasis of peace with a very large pool.

Too far from the town, 15 minutes by taxi. Would have preferred to have been in town which is elegant & full of activity.

The room smelt musty from the damp, the shower outlet was blocked and overflowed, told the desk and it was repaired which was good. On checking in we left three bags to be deposited in the room, but when we returned four hours later they were sitting in the lobby area, luckily we did not have any valuables in them! Something like that has never happened to us before.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple