When i arrived to Hue, My tour guide assure me this was the best hotel in town, but it was really late at night to see if what he said was true. The lobby was nice, but i felt a bit unimpressed. Dont let this fool you. This beautiful hotel is next to the perfume river, and the architecture and design have an art decó feeling that wont let you down, surrounded by coconut trees, a lovely pool, the garden where they grow their own vegetables and the view of the river. If you are willing to spend a bit of money and you really dont have alot of time to visit the city,, give the main restaurant a chance. It offers traditional vietnamese meals and western dishes that are absolutely delicious (although i wish i had time to visit local restaurants). The cherry of the cake is the spa, though. You really CANNOT miss the experience. I've been able to visit a lot of spas, and most of them offer pretty much the same services over and over again. trust me, THIS ONE is truly unique, even if you order a facial or a swedish massage. If you have the opportunity, try the vietnamese bath. Im not lying when i say this one is one of a kind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back in time to Art Deco's golden age with a stay at La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa. Nestled along the fabled Perfume River and overlooking the imposing Imperial Citadel - once home to Emperors and now preserved as a UNESCO World Heritage Site - La Residence is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. Endowed with opulence and warmth, this former residence of the French "Resident Superieur" has been painstakingly restored and refashioned into an enchanting luxury boutique hotel with 122 guestrooms and suites, which offer visitors the chance to relive the pleasures of a bygone era. Food is a passion at Le Parfum Restaurant. Visitors will delight in a fusion menu of Vietnam and Europe's very best culinary traditions. Allow yourself to be swept away with the signature cocktails "La Residence Monsieur and La Residence Madame" in the cozy ambiance of Le Gouverneur Bar. Indulge yourself in our award-winning Spa and relax by the large saltwater swimming pool overlooking the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residence Hue Hotel Hue
- La Residence Hue Hotel And Spa
- La Residence Hotel