“Very good location and very good rooms”
Review of Villa Hue

Villa Hue
Ranked #32 of 120 Hotels in Hue
Shenzhen, China
“Very good location and very good rooms”
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

We spent 2 nights in this hotel With 2 kids
Rooms are comfortable
Good bathroom With bath
Good breakfast but shamely we had to pay for a hot chocolate.
Unfortunatly wifi was out of order in the rooms but ok in the lobby.
It would be perfect if there were a swimming pool
Staff is very friendly

• Stayed December 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Vietnamese first
Friday Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 27 December 2012

This is a teaching hotel and therefore I am more understanding of some of the problems. The staff tries really hard but you have to be patient. The rooms are big but basic. They are fairly clean but nothing special in terms of furnishings. The breakfast was very basic - but there were hardly any guests in the hotel which probably explains the small selection of breakfast items. There is no pool and it would be welcome. The bar was fun only if you enjoy watching a server and a bar tender try real hard to please but have little experience to draw on. It was OK but I would not stay here again - one time was enough of trying to help out as a guinea pig.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I was looking forward to this hotel and while I had thought that the tourism school element would mean that there were no frills I did expect a bit more life in the hotel. At times it was like we were the only people staying - one morning they were not even set up for breakfast. Also, the cooking school was cancelled.

That said the rooms are very spacious and the cocktails are small but very tasty - not sure if I preferred the lemongrass martini or the coriander and ginger martini - I did try both several times in an attempt to make up my mind! Also, it is centrally located and it is easy to get to the ferry port and the main restaurant area.

Room Tip: they are extending so avoid if you are planning to be around during the day or like to sleep in
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2012

The rooms are spacious and the hotel is in great location very close to the main tourist restaurants. The concept of having students working in the hotel doesn't help to give it a very welcoming feeling as unlike in other parts of Vietnam they did not seem to be imbued with a natural sense of customer service. It all feels rather functional

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We booked a standard room at Villa Hue for 2 nights and had mixed feelings about our stay, so have given it an average rating.  When I initially made the booking I was told by reception that they had a standard room available and that they would hold the room for 48 hours until I sent credit card details to guarantee my booking.  Although I sent a fax with my details immediately I was told they no longer had a standard room available and that I would have to upgrade to a more expensive deluxe room.  After complaining about the mistake I was then able to book a standard room again? I realise that the hotel is a training ground for tourism students, so I put it down to a genuine misunderstanding, but while staying there we saw only a few other people so now suspect more.

The hotel was located a relatively quiet street within 5 mins walk from the river & 20 mins to the Imperial City.  The room itself was spacious, clean and well equipped, with a huge comfortable King sized bed, tv, safe, strong hot shower & bath tub.

The floor had wifi but we were unable to connect to it in our room and although we advised reception about the problem, no effort was made to rectify the issue.  As a result we had to sit in the lobby any time we wanted to use the Internet.  It was when sitting in the lobby at night that I got a nasty shock, as several huge rats ran around freely and staff made no attempt to discourage them!

The breakfast buffet was ok if a little meagre and cold but we were given a la carte breakfast the second morning (perhaps because there were so few guests?) which was better.  Overall although we liked our room, I wouldn't return to Villa Hue as it was not good value for money, lacked atmosphere and had dubious standards.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Bennington, Vermont
Reviewed 18 October 2012

This charming hotel, which is part of Hue Tourism College, was developed in cooperation with the Duchy of Luxembourg. The room and bath were frankly, 5-star quality, and the restaurant was wonderful. My only disappointment--and it had nothing to do with the hotel--was that there seemed to be very few people staying there, so it had a ghost-town quality. The staff were extremely solicitous, and I would easily stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 September 2012

From the moment we walked through the doors and left, it was a great experience. Staff were very helpful and seemed to genuinely want to make your stay as pleasurable as possible and seemed to be very proud of their hotel. Rooms very comfortable, platter of fruit each afternoon very welcome. If we were to return to vietnam it would be the only hotel we would have no hesitation in booking again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple