“Don't believe all you read”

El Coyote Mexican Resto-Bar
Ranked #271 of 583 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A great mexican style bar in Nha Trang, amazing food and great service
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Visited this restaurant at the invitation of friends with some trepidation, after reading the reviews. At the end of the evening I was thinking maybe there are two El Coyote's in Nha Trang.
The service could not have been better, and the food from home made duck pate to the various kinds of steaks and ribs were full of flavour and excellently cooked. The owner and chef was on hand, and helped make the evening thoroughly enjoyable. I recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

The restaurant bar is a little small. The food and service is good with Mexican and Asian food

Reviewed 15 July 2012

If you value your health don't eat here!! The food was terrible no taste and overpriced I'd rather eat my toe nails that eat here again.. Rude staff massive disappointment....

1  Thank Superdry23
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Well, I sure am glad I went there before I read the other reviews. This is now one of my favorite restaurants in Nha Trang. Probably the best Mexican food I have had outside of North America (I'm originally from San Diego... so i am spoiled and usually disappointed).
One of the few restaurants in the area that actually tries for an ethnic decor or ambiance. The owner is from France and has lived in Mexico -- this is a far cry from the many "combo restaurants" in the tourist district that claim to offer a little of everything (Mexican, Italian and Vietnamese -- all under one roof)
Good food in a friendly casual atmosphere. Not unusually cheap by Nha Trang standards, but of course very reasonable by American standards.
In my many visits, I have probably tried almost every Mexican dish on the Menu I especially like the nachos, and the chile con carne is a different spin on a traditional dish. And the most unusual item I have seen: chicken cook in Coke (the drink, not the drug).
I just wish they would get some Mexican beer.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

I went this place expecting to be disappointed. But I was craving Mexican and so I thought I'd give it a go. Maybe I wasn't disappointed because I live in Nha Trang. Recent relocated expat. I know what real Mexican and Americanized Mexican taste like. I also know what ingredients are available in Vietnam. I had the fajitas and my companion the enchiladas. We also had the nachos and this huge gringo salad.

The Mexican fare is not Americanized. Tasty meal. Friendly staff.

2  Thank CareerTourist