“Not so good, not so bad” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Backpackers House Nha Trang

Backpackers House Nha Trang
Backpackers House Nha Trang
Paris, France
“Not so good, not so bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights without any reservation. The staff members were nice and helpful. The Backpackers House is very well located : near to the beach, restaurants and bars. Prices are correct for the double rooms and breakfast is free (but not copious !).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at the Backpacker House for two nights (reluctantly - as I had already booked for 2). I arrived at around 5:30 - 6:00 am due to an early bus from Hue and had booked a dorm room here from a recommendation from another traveller. I booked into the female dorm and when I arrived (by a grumpy staff member who didn't speak much English) was taken into a room off of another form full of sleeping blokes. The room I was shown had 4 beds and seemed clean (although clearly not a female dorm) however when the guy left the room I realised the air con was not working. I went back downstairs (though the room of men) to ask him to turn it on. He came back up and pressed some buttons and left again. It still wasn't working so back I went and asked why I couldn't stay in the female dorm as booked and he said they were doing work in there - could have told me this from the start! I wasn't too bothered about staying in a mixed dorm but needed air con so asked to move rooms. He showed me to another room off of the same dorm with the sleeping guys. This room seemed OK and I was so tired that I couldn't be bothered to argue anymore! The room shared the bathroom with the dorm attached and it was filthy. The floor was soaking with dirty water and a dirty towel on the floor by the toilet.
I thought this may change once cleaned but figured throughout the day (after the cleaners had been and gone a couple of times) that the toilet was broken and leaking.

I was annoyed because the staff made me feel like I was kicking up a fuss, when in my opinion they were offering poor service

The breakfast was included in the $7 room price so I guess for that cheap you can't expect too much, but would have been nice to have a clean bathroom, been informed when trying to book that the female dorm was unavailable, and some friendlier staff. I would definitely not recommend this to anyone looking for a place to stay in Nha Trang!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Nha Trang hotels

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

If you really nowhere else can get more space, not on the beach or on the street, even go to this place. I stayed here for a week, the cleaners say anything, receptionists do not speak English and the restaurant prices are too high. the steps in this building are impossible if you have a disability and if you climb the stairs with your backpack you will not be helped. Certainly not a good idea to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jonas Olivier p
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure what was worse about this place.. The rude staff, loud rooms and not to mention they lost a good portion of my laundry and when I asked if it ha turned up a couple days later I was told to 'just forget about it' no sorry nothing. The rooms were overpriced for what they were and although I realize it is a backpackers place and you have to make some allowances there were far too many to mAke this place even half worth while. Avoid like the plague.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank SavannahRose23
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had the misfortune of having to stay here because of a festival going on. Loud music makes it hard to sleep (even after a few drinks). We had a shared bathroom with maybe 3 other rooms.. So 6-9 people and there was only one stall and one sink...there was always someone waiting.
Everything else could have been over looked but the front desk staff were the rudest we have ever had to deal with in all of asia. Also I talked to the tour lady in the side office, who at least was a bit friendlier but quoted me ridiculous prices for some activities I had asked about.
We could not have been more happy to leave and give them anymore of our money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hostel is probably the most sociable hostel I have stayed in recently. Whether that is to do with the hostel or the people I was there with, I don't know, but that really was the highlight of my stay here.
The dorms are basic - the top bunks are really high! - but have decent sized under-bed lockers. The bathroom was ill-equipped to deal with the 16 people who had to use it, and was damp and smelly much of the time.
The drinks voucher for the club is a good incentive. Breakfast was good.
The location is pretty good for restaurants and bars, and it is about a 15 minute walk to the beach.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival I could stay in the female dorm I'd booked. Female dorm is ok, airco is automatically switched on and off by hostel people so very hot during the day. Bathroom is very small, again showering in the toilet and nothing to hang your clothes on. Very sociable place. Wifi does not work properly. I was supposed to stay two nights and when I came back from the beach the second day the very unfriendly woman at the counter summoned me (without excuses) that I needed to check in to a mixed dorm, because they had to do maintenance in the female dorm. Did not give me my money back (since I had paid more for the female than the mixed dorm). I would recommend staying at another ho(s)tel and than come here later at night for the red apple bar, than you'll have the same sociable experience and better value for your money.

• Stayed August 2013