“Average, nothing special”

Backpackers House Nha Trang
Backpackers House Nha Trang
Reviewed 6 March 2014

4 of us stayed here 3 nights in a 4 person "family room."

There was 1 functioning outlet in the room, high on the wall with nothing under it to hold what you are charging. There were zero hooks in the bedroom/bathroom to hang things on (towels, bathing suits, clothes).

The included breakfast was alright, but nothing to rave about. Other hostels in Vietnam had provided us with free water, there was no free water here.

The beds are very hard.

Room Tip: The family room has an attached tea room where staff comes in the morning, and their voices definite...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The location of this hostel is good, only a two minute walk from the bars in the area. Mostly it is clean although there are way two many people sharing a bathroom and a toilet and the mixed 6 bed dorm that we stayed in was very cramped and reminded us a little of a prison cell.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Located in a great spot in Nha Trang, on the main backpackers street so within walking distance to all bars and restaurants.
It was also a 5 min walk to the beach which was great. The bathroom was a bit strange, with the shower being in the same space as the toliet, meaning once a shower was had, the whole bathroom was drenched, making using the toliet afterwards difficult. But for US$7 a night it was good value, and staff were quite helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Backpacker's House was OK. We stayed in a ten-bed dorm. The rooms were clean and the beds were actually the most comfortable we'd slept in so far. Our dorm had no functioning light and we had no control over the air con which chilled the room far too much. Our hot water didn't work either but we could use another dorms shower which had hot water. Another gripe was the one power outlet for the whole room, everyone had to share.The social aspect is good as there is a popular bar attached to the property although it disallows the light-sleeper to have a good night's rest. The let downs were the staff who were resentful and unhelpful and the failure to maintain the facilities such as the lights, hot water, locks on doors etc. Overall I wouldn't stay here again, but it was reasonable.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights without any reservation. The staff members were nice and helpful. The Backpackers House is very well located : near to the beach, restaurants and bars. Prices are correct for the double rooms and breakfast is free (but not copious !).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at the Backpacker House for two nights (reluctantly - as I had already booked for 2). I arrived at around 5:30 - 6:00 am due to an early bus from Hue and had booked a dorm room here from a recommendation from another traveller. I booked into the female dorm and when I arrived (by a grumpy staff member who didn't speak much English) was taken into a room off of another form full of sleeping blokes. The room I was shown had 4 beds and seemed clean (although clearly not a female dorm) however when the guy left the room I realised the air con was not working. I went back downstairs (though the room of men) to ask him to turn it on. He came back up and pressed some buttons and left again. It still wasn't working so back I went and asked why I couldn't stay in the female dorm as booked and he said they were doing work in there - could have told me this from the start! I wasn't too bothered about staying in a mixed dorm but needed air con so asked to move rooms. He showed me to another room off of the same dorm with the sleeping guys. This room seemed OK and I was so tired that I couldn't be bothered to argue anymore! The room shared the bathroom with the dorm attached and it was filthy. The floor was soaking with dirty water and a dirty towel on the floor by the toilet.
I thought this may change once cleaned but figured throughout the day (after the cleaners had been and gone a couple of times) that the toilet was broken and leaking.

I was annoyed because the staff made me feel like I was kicking up a fuss, when in my opinion they were offering poor service

The breakfast was included in the $7 room price so I guess for that cheap you can't expect too much, but would have been nice to have a clean bathroom, been informed when trying to book that the female dorm was unavailable, and some friendlier staff. I would definitely not recommend this to anyone looking for a place to stay in Nha Trang!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2013

If you really nowhere else can get more space, not on the beach or on the street, even go to this place. I stayed here for a week, the cleaners say anything, receptionists do not speak English and the restaurant prices are too high. the steps in this building are impossible if you have a disability and if you climb the stairs with your backpack you will not be helped. Certainly not a good idea to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo