“Pretty crowded in holidays but EXCELLENT HOTEL!”

Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa
Ranked #14 of 214 Hotels in Nha Trang
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel in the beginning of May. Due to the national holidays, the hotel was quite crowded and I had to wait for the room to be ready. Other than that, it's one of the best hotel in Nha Trang city.

I used a pick-up service from the hotel and it was a shuttel bus. For your reference the fee is VND258,000++ per person/Sing Trip and VND473,000++ per person/Round Trip. It's a bit more expensive than a taxi, but if you arrive on a late night flight, it will be nice to use this service.

The hotel is located in the center of the city near Nha Trang center. So if you need something, it only takes 5 minues to walk to the shopping center. The room is quite spacious and clean with nice ocean view. The pool is just right, sometimes the sun chairs ran out oftenly, but I'd love to hang out in the pool. Also love the pool bar food, it's decent pool bar food, you should try thier fresh drinks and spring rolls!

For the breakfast, I had tried both Feast and the club lounge and they both have excellent foods, Feast has more options on menus with higher quality, but it's a bit bumpy, so going early or later like after 9:30 will be nice.

Overall, I quite enjoyed my stay and it's worth to come and stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank HannahKim0828
MarcomSheratonNT, Manager at Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear “714hannahk “,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience of your recent stay at Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa.

Also, thank you so much for your understanding about the busy days during the Public holidays.

Thanks for your support and we hope to see you again soon.

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in a fantastic hotel overlooking the city and beach, room itself was of a high quality and the bathroom and amenities were first class.
Service was pretty bland and staff seem very uninterested in what was going around them - you physically had to call them to be served instead of standing at the desk like normal people.
However the tour service desk were very happy and helpful - however i believe this is a seperate entity to the hotel.
Pool desk was brilliant, however became crowded very quickly - they also ran out of towels 2 times.
Things can get expensive when ordering from the hotel due to the PLUS PLUS on everything so be aware.
Bar at the top of the hotel had a great view but missing a bit of life.
Highlight would have to be the breakfast - high quality, good staff, attentive and friendly. Good selection of international foods from vietnamese local, bagels to waffles n crepes.
Had a nice stay, i've given it a 4 instead of a 3 because i know my girlfriend loved the hotel from top to bottom.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Samuel B

Dear “Samuel B”,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa and appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback which.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the experience of the unfriendly customer service which we have taken on board.

In relation to the towels we do apologise as we had a group take over 100 out of the hotel without returning them. We have ordered new towels and they will be arriving in the near future.

We look forward to welcoming you and your girlfriend back and hopefully next time we will exceed your expectations and you will want to rate us 5.

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a great hotel for a short getaway. I stayed in a suite which was very luxurious with a fantastic view of the beach from the main room, bedroom and bathroom. The beach is a quick walk across a road and then you are treated to very comfy lounge chairs and umbrellas for shade. There are a few hawkers but they dont bother you if you say "no thanks". The ocean was a perfect temperature and I spent a lot of time in the water. The infinity pool is also really lovely and relaxing and has plenty of lounge chairs. The staff were very friendly and efficient. I had a fabulous hot stone massage at the hotel spa. It is one of the best I have ever had. The food is good and room service was delivered within 30 mins, which was pretty impressive as the hotel was fully booked. Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AquaBulela
MarcomSheratonNT, Manager at Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear "AquaBulela",
Thank you very much to post a top ranking review on our page.
We are delighted to know that you had an great stay with us.
We will display your comment on our notice board hence our team will be aware of your recognition.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

During my travel in Vietnam I wanted to spend few days at the beach and see some smaller city than Hanoi or Saigon. I decided to visit Nha Trang because Sheraton hotel is located here - and that is sort of indication that there it's worth to visit this area. Hotel is located almost at the coast. It's also easy to walk to most of touristic areas as city is not really big. One of the main worries was how to take cab at Cam Ranh airport and not to get scammed based on so many tourist opinions I was reading on line. There was no reason to worry about it - when I exit baggage claim area first desk in a hall offered me shuttle or taxi transportation for 350.000 VND. I did accept it - and it worked all well. It's shame that hotel does not offer this option or does not mention it on website - as the only service offered by hotel is private car transportation that is about 4x more expensive. Arriving at the hotel was positive experience - staff right at the entrance was double checking with me what price I paid to taxi drive verifying not to get overcharged. Check in process was smooth - and what a surprise to see supervisor from Germany training staff. That was helpful in understanding our needs. One of the directors came also over to Welcome us. The room was small but comfortable enough to satisfy our needs. There were some few issues that could be fixed - broken lamp with lot of dust inside, first day some hairs in bath tube (which was not really nice) and during some days we did not get shower gel or conditioner - instead of it we got just more shampoo in the room. Four bottles of water every day in a room was a plus especially helping to keep our drinking régime in this hot weather. Air conditioner worked very good. During check in we got offered discounted rate for breakfast which was very convenient. Being vegetarian I had some better options for breakfast in hotel than anywhere else - and the price was very acceptable. The only inconvenienced during breakfast was cross contamination - using same tools to pick up meat - cheese and other non-meat products. Some guests really did not mind it - and for me as vegetarian this is really important. I also recommend to have lunch or dinner in feast restaurant. It's surprisingly not expensive - and the quality and hygiene standards are much higher than anywhere else in the city. You have wide selection of Italian, Vietnamese and Indian cuisine. I could see there was also diner buffet but nobody informed us about this option. To reach public beach you have to cross the road that is busy - but you will learn the way how to cross it between all those motorbikes and scooters. There was limited number of beach chairs and even less umbrellas (I counted just 11) reserved for Sheraton guests. If you did not go on the beach in the morning between 8-9am than it was less probably to get beach chair - or even less one under the umbrella. Keep on mind that locals are already swimming at the beach as of 5am... it's a good place not only to spend full day on the beach but there are some local attractions to visit - get a map in a hotel where they are marked. There are some pagodas and temples - nice to walk there and see it around. One of full day trips that I would recommend is Vinpearl Island. In the evening you can visit bar Altitude on the last floor and enjoy the view from the roof. There is happy hour promotion between 4-6pm - but even I was visiting Altitude at that time I was charged full price. Probably I did not understand how this promotion works... Also if you need to send any postcards please do not depend on hotel. It was not possible to get stamps there - and the only option was to ask for help one of the bell boys that are asking for 50.000 VND per shipping postcard meanwhile stamps cost just 24.000 VND. Overall I consider stay in this hotel as a good one that helped me to relax little bit before continuing to travel in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin P

Dear “ Martin P”,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa and we appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback.

We sincerely do apologize for the fault of room cleanliness during your stay, we have shared with the team to improve.

In relation to the limited beach chairs, unfortunately this is a public beach and we are only provided a license for a set number of umbrellas and chairs. Please check past responses we no longer add the part about working with the govt...

Regarding of postcard service, please accept our apologies for the unclear explanation. For a single post card the cost is VND 13,000 – VND 16,000.

Happy hour in Altitude applies is from 4pm – 6m and is “Buy 1 Get 1 Free” the 2nd drink ordered is to be the same as the first one. We have advised the team to explain this clearly when a guest orders.

We have a shuttle Airport Transfer which isUSD12++ per person per one way (VND 258,000++), Limousine Airport Transfer is USD60++ per way, maximum 2 guests, however these need to be booked prior to arrival. You can check our Sheraton branded website for room promotion which includes transportation.

We really do appreciate your comments and take your feedback on board for us to improve our service.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel from 30 Apr to 3 May using my SPG award points. What stand out about this hotel are the good location, nice club lounge, good view of the ocean and city, attentive service at the lounge, and wonderful breakfast spread.

Areas for improvememt :

1. Room size for the suite room is relatively smaller. TV screen in the bedroom is not straight due to the triangle layout of the bedroom.

2. Water can easily flow out from the shower room and make the floor wet.

3. Quality of the chinese restaurant can be improved.

I am a SPG platinum member and generally I am pleased with the service received at the club lounge and from housekeeping.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MarcomSheratonNT, Manager at Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear "EW N",
Greetings from Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa.
Thank you very much for choosing us and hope the rest of your stay continues to be great. We hope to see you back many more times.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We came here for a long weekend over the May 1 holiday, and from the moment we entered the lobby we felt this was a great choice! The lobby is large and light and very Welcoming! The check in process was quick and the staff was very friendly.

We had a Deluxe Sea View room, which we loved. The room is large, with a very comfortable walk in closet, with plenty of room to hang up clothes and put suitcases so that you dont stumble over them during you stay. The bathroom, wow, the bathroom! Very spacious with a luxurious interior. A huge shower with romantic bath tup, with a view!

Something that is important to me is a comfortable bed with nice and soft sheets and pillows, and everything that we wanted Sheraton Na Trang delivered. We slept like babies.....

The breakfast buffe left nothing to be desired! GReat food, beautiful presentation, and a great fresh fruit table! The staff kept walking around making sure the food was displayed in an inviting way. Loved it!

The pool area is just right, not too huge, but very nicely done. Yes, there are times the sun chairs ran out, but that didnt bother me. It was nice to hang out in the pool and order a drink. You must try their fresh spring rolls they serve by the pool, yummy!

The roof top bar is a must before you go out to dinner! It offers a stunning view of the beach and the "Boulevard Na Trang" as we called it. The view from up there really reminds me of Cannes in France, where you have the hotels on one side of the main road and across the road is a part and the beach.....Sipping on a drink on top really sets you in the right mood for a great night.

Good value for money in my opinion and you will feel a bit special!

Room Tip: We stayed in 1223 and the view is great! I guess I would say that any room from floor 9 and higher a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MikeLifeisNow

Dear "mikejk_13",

Thank you for your comprehensive review of your recent holiday at the Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa.

Very looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for ASEAN Valuers Association Conference 24-27 April 2014, really happy and satisfied. Our room have a very nice ocean view. Perfect location and just across the white sandy beach in Nha Trang. Walking distance to the market. Breakfast buffet had with wonderful selection.

Room Tip: Choose room with ocean view. Amazing sunrise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear "Dewi P",

Thank you for your comment regarding your stay at Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa. It is a great pleasure to receive positive feedback and we will share your great comments with the team.

We wish you more great stays with Starwood Hotels & Resorts