“Decided to try it based on Trip Advisor recommendation - not disappointed!”
Review of Yen's Restaurant

Yen's Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 609 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: YẾN'S RESTAURANT Since 2011, Nha Trang's defining Vietnamese Restaurant ​Often copied in style but never surpassed in taste and hospitality! Yến's Restaurant offer our guest traditional Vietnamese cuisine with a modern twist in a clean, welcoming and friendly atmosphere! Our team of fast, competent and talented Chefs and waiters are the attentive to all our international guest's needs; they are recognized as one of the best and experienced restaurant crew of Nha Trang, and perhaps, one of the top in Vietnam! It is therefore no wonders why Yến Restaurant is listed in all major touristic guides (online or in books) and in all the languages. Everyone loves Yến Restaurant! Finish your delicious meal and want to go out? Visit our 5th Floor Bar! Perched on storied Ha Van Hotel's fifth floor (Yến Restaurant is in the lobby of the hotel), The Rooftop Lounge is the perfect meeting spot between locals, expats and travelers visiting Nha Trang. We are a safe and friendly venue for everyone!
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Decided to try it based on Trip Advisor recommendation - i was not disappointed!
Service was superb, polite, friendly & attentive without being over bearing.
Menu is succinct, manageable, fairly priced - having a range of Vietnamese dishes.
Food was delicious.
Ambience very pleasant and comfortable.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,804)

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Food service and cold beer "perfect" what more could one want. Lemon grass and chilli chicken is amazing .

Reviewed 15 June 2013

The food decor and staff all good but people are raving about this restaurant( everybody has there own taste), we found it good but the two nights we tried we we're left waiting one night to order about 15/20 mins as it was very busy second night food was bad!!!! The price is on the high side for what you get...small portions ..... People say its cheap but you have to remember its vietnam and you can get what you pay for!!! I've eaten in nha trang just around the corner from yens for a quarter the price and have been happy... But look you spend the money you enjoy, let them over charge you if your happy to let them!! No wonder prices are crazy in nha trang restaurants as most people are willing to pay what ever they charge...

1  Thank Irishpaddy10
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

Ate here three times and although I am critical, I could find no fault. it is on a quiet street a block in from the sea. Each dish on the small menu is a treat. My friends were all taken with the light and easy to digest cuisine. Flavors are marvelous. One of my party was Vietnamese and she was delighted.
I kept going back. This one is a winner!

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Watery tasteless chicken curry and over cooked rice.
Nothing extra special or out of the ordinary.
Decor is super basic and very little atmosphere.
Definitely not upmarket dining.
Definitely not romantic.

3  Thank Joeseph B
Yen_nhatrang, Owner at Yen's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Monsieur B,

Considering your NOT constructive critic of our restaurant , I could not help but chuckling this morning (however, of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion). I am sorry that you didn't like our delicious Vietnamese chicken curry...but well, like we say, taste is only subjective. But I repeat again, I am sorry that our specialities didn't lived up to your expectation. I will let the Chef know about your recrimination of the food.

But then, the rest.

You find the decor super basic...in which respect? Was it the original paintings (from a promising young Vietnamese painter BTW) on the walls? The beautiful lanterns specially hand made by an old craftsman? Or was it our super thick hard wood (precious, if I may say, in Vietnam) that compose the stairs and the floor on the mezzanine?
What did you expect; it is hard to say. My restaurant is not supposed to be something else than a cute, clean and cozy Vietnamese restaurant. Maybe you would prefer eating on metal tables and plastic chair and throw your discarded food on the floor?...Would that made my restaurant ''special'' like 99% of any other Vietnamese restaurants (in Vietnam)? Do you have any suggestion to make?

Then come the atmosphere...what should we do to please you? Different music? More customers in the afternoon (when most people are still on tours or at the beach)? What? Is Nha Trang the new New-York, Tokyo or Los Angeles; cities with millions of (rich) peoples that are always moving? I have news for you, Nha Trang is barely a little, almost unknown to the world, beach city (and at this moment at lowest season possible) that don't normally attract the high-end customers that you seems to be [sic].

Sir, you also do not find our restaurant up-market!!! Hahaha. At around 5$ per plate, we certainly are not (we have price on our menu)! Please take that 5$ and have 2 hot dogs at the fast food nearby! What and where do you think we are? How can my little restaurant (one of my baby) supposed to be up market? I ask: have you seen my restaurant ad full page in the New-York Times? We are, location wise, on a small side street squeezed between my budget hotel and a state owned and run down hotel; not at the top of the Sheraton or the Four Season... How could you end up thinking that we are an up market restaurant?? That a real mystery to me.
Up market, that was a good one! hahaha! Jeez, hopefully, Nha Trang will be on par with Ibitza, Nice, St-Tropez and St- Bart in my lifetime (so not!).

Lastly, our restaurant was never intended to be romantic per se, however people create the romance between themself...if it was not a romantic for you and your mate, well, I invite you to find why!

At Yên's Restaurant, our team and I try to have a good restaurant in respect of service, freshness of our food and cleanliness of our venue...we have no pretention to be THE restaurant that caters for the most demanding perfectionists. Let it be known that we are just a little well-run restaurant in the context of Nha Trang and Vietnam; and that would be enough! That, for me, is already a huge achievement.

Anyhow, please have my best regards!

Yên and the team at Yên's Restaurant