“Love the crew and dive instructor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Turtle Dive

Turtle Dive
Duluth, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Love the crew and dive instructor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We decided to try this out after hearing that cocodive was closed and brought out too. Our hotel receptionist suggested us to this dive shop and we went and booked 4 dives each for 2 separate days. The lady working there was so nice and funny! Using our charm, we were able to get a great discount on our deal package and a free polo shirt after :D This was one of the best experience ever with customer service. The dive trip was so awesome as well, we were picked up by a bus in front of our hotel, lunch was provided for free on the boat and the instructor was very knowledgeable. One of our instructor found a fishing line underwater, broke open a sea urchin to take the pearl inside for bait and he fished underwater. Caught 2 fishes in less than 5min it was so impressive!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank SkatePnk316

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Vietnamese first
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Disorganised and uninteresting dive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

They take you on a run down boat where the staff (including dive instructors) barely speak any English. The dive sites were probably nice a few years ago but nowadays tourism has taken its toll and the beatiful corals are slowly being replaced with plastic bags and trash. Still a few fish around but for how long ? No safety briefing, just gear up and go. Equipment is old, put your ear next to the first stage regulator and you can hear it leak on nearly half the tanks. I had my depth gauge not working and the staff just doesn't care. No safety stop or pressure checks throughout the dive. The only positive aspects I can find are the lunch which was okay and the price which was very cheap.

2 Thank Emmanuel B
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Tried to rip me off”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012 via mobile

Very disappointed with the diving side of this trip. Like other contributors mention, you are taken across to Mun Island where you dive at the same site, about 50m from the shore, as all the snorkellers. The depth was no more than 12m, the visibility murky. I transferred to a dive boat, where I was equipped in double quick time and then told I need to pay 600,000 more dong, 30USD, than had been agreed, just as my boat with my wife on board had cleared away. Paid it just to get on with it. Admittedly there were some species I'd never seen before, but got the feeling my dive guide didn't want to exceed 10m or 35 mins. I've done 500 dives and this was average at best. Had to ask what the plan was, later boats were starting propellers with divers nearby in the water. On return to my 'parent boat' I explained the extra unexpected charge as the dive boat pulled away and to be fair our travel guide got the money back, but only after the dive 'supervisor' gave me a knowing wink. Wouldnt rush back.

Melbourne, Australia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Turle dive worth it for experienced divers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

I will preface by saying that I have done 50 dives and SSI Advance Diver and was looking to dive Nha Trang sites.

I called into Turtle Dive as it was an SSI shop and was quoted USD 49 for 2 dives including pick up from the hotel.

Pick up time was 7:20 and at the harbour by 8:00. Vinh outlined the day in the bus. The boat was a Turtle Dive Boat (based on the sign). All the staff were very friendly and introduced us to the crew. As an experienced diver they had assigned me a Dive Master that only spoke Vietnamese (hey once underwater you can only signal), but the Dive Staff went through the safety, hand signals and dive site information with me in English before assigning me to the DM.

The equipment was good and the dive experience was great. Note the dive site was the same as Rainbow Dive and comment on the site remains the same. The return trip they laid on a full lunch.

As mentioned in other reviews we were joined by tri divers that appeared from no where and just put it down to the usual Vietnam chaos of making a buck. This did not affect my diver or others or steal smokes or food. Yes they had snorkelers in our group, but usually dropped us off first to explore and work our back to the boat so it did not interfere with the dive.

Would recommend this company if you are an experienced diver and can handle the local ways which are still safe and sound equipment. If you are looking for less chaotic and English speaking environment then see my review on Rainbow Divers who are also good.

I did two days diving with this company and was very happy.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Canishound
Penang Island, Malaysia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Total ripoff :(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

Paid USD42 for 2dives at Mun Island. Cheap but seriously very very disappointing! Mun island is pretty and plenty to see but with turtle dive u don't get to choose ur dive sites! They drop u off same spot as the snorkellers. As u dive and look up the snorkellers are just above u! Y am I paying so much more when I can just snorkel? Other than that the boat is soooo packed!! They just kept sending in more n more ppl to the boats till u have no place to sit! Wait I'm not finish with the dive, my friend and i only dived less than 30mins with my tank 120 leftovers and he rushed us up and proceeded with more other divers. Very unethical :( quantity not quality!! My friend's last dive was 3years ago, the refreshment class was inadequate and she was charged 5bucks for it :( and he didn't tell me that bcos he was afraid for my fren that I had to stay only 6-9m most the time of our 1st dive :( 2nd dive was good n pretty however when we went up a boat ran passed us and both my friend and I almost got knocked over n shredded :( no diver below indicator warning the boat! Very unsafe :( utterly disappointed :( the island is really nice we saw a lot of colourful fishes and corals but turtle dive spoiled it altogether.