“Fantastic time with superb service - world class!”

L'Alyana Villas Ninh Van Bay
Ranked #6 of 211 Hotels in Nha Trang
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We had a wonderful stay at An Lam and have no hesitation recommending it to others. The attention to detail is excellent and the personal service is absolutely outstanding - well above what is often found in Vietnam. With our personal butler 'Duc' we never wanted for anything. The most impressive part of our stay is how the management constantly went out of their way to anticipate our needs and find novel ways to make our stay more enjoyable (at the same time as making sure we were left alone and given privacy when we wanted it). This was greatly appreciated - we will definitely return!

Room Tip: our villa on lagoon was perfect - you are close to nature so you might find a frog dropping into say...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jerryHCMC
Epikurean, Owner at L'Alyana Villas Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2011

Thank you for your review and for being our guest. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay .

An Lam Villas is the new up-market Epi[K]urean product carefully crafted from design to available guest experiences with much attention to the natural and cultural environment. Integrating these elements, we aim to engage the heart, mind and senses of each of our guests and keeping to the literal Vietnamese translation of “An Lam": the "Quiet Forest ". My personal goal is to build the confidence of the team with providing guests unique experiences through the natural, subtly elegant and functional designed space. This resort, is specifically designed for you to have access to a magnificent natural setting with the hope that you will always remember it. Duc sends her regards and I do hope to see you at the resort Jetty soon .

There are newer reviews for L'Alyana Villas Ninh Van Bay

Reviewed 20 December 2011

I stayed just for one night, with a gift voucher. I thought they can't treat me well with this voucher (like some vouchers I used before in other places). But, when I came, they changed my thought. The staff is nice and friendly, they understand what I need, what I want and treat me like that.

I set this trip private, and I have a private night, totally private. I just called for support when I really need, and they always came soon for my request.

Thank Phương nhỏ (Phuong baby), Ms. Quan, Mr. Luan, all staff and team for my best day ever here.

Room Tip: Villa 28 is so private if you need a quiet place for relax.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank ThanhPhong

Thank you for being our guest . Vietnamese people are by nature very kind, friendly and ever eager to learn . We decided to invest in recruiting our staff a full year before the opening of the resort and provided comprehensive training for them . The Team here believes in creating memorable experiences and I am happy that you have enjoyed it . I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon .

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Just returning from one of the greatest trips for a long time. Facilities at An Lam were brand new, beautifully constructed and in very good shape, ideally positioned in a wonderful and calm bay, but that might just be the case in other high end resorts, too. The critical difference and the unique aspect here is the concept and the people, starting with the cleaning ladies, via the butler, the restaurant staff, backoffice (...) all of them up to and including the owner - everybody is doing so much more than just a job here, and is obviously determined to make this the best stay possible. The attention to detail is hard to believe and we could not stop wondering in amazement about the next pleasant surprise. We felt in another world already at the airport, where we were duly and efficiently picked up and hushed away in a limousine to the resort's arrival lounge from were it was just a short speed boat trip to An Lam. We stayed in a rock villa and were kindly offered an upgrade to one of the incredible lagoon villas. However, we fell in love the position and atmosphere of our current place under the canopy of the trees and did not take up that option since it was already perfect... After settling down, there were many very well organized options available, and our butler Luan was very good at mindreading all our wishes. The quality of the food was outstanding, as was the quality of service at all times. We will definitely come again!!

Room Tip: Rock Villa 29 was so discreet and perfect that it even beat the lagoon villas. But you can't do...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bertil M
Epikurean, Owner at L'Alyana Villas Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

The Stick is still on the tree and thanks for writing from 9730 KM away . I will make sure Luan gets your review . It was indeed great having you here and look forward to receiving you back . I hope you enjoyed the HCMC recommendations .

Reviewed 3 November 2011

We stayed at An Lam for 8 nights, and on arrival we were offered a villa upgrade of our choice due to the fact it was our honeymoon. We thought our original villa (hillside) was amazing, but then when we saw the beach villa we thought we'd arrived in heaven!
The incredible staff are really what makes this resort. They really cannot do enough for you, but the service is not "over the top" or "in your face" like some other establishments. It is personalised and genuine. Small touches like leaving fresh aloe vera in your villa if you have had a bit too much sun, or playing your favourite music for you when you arrive are all second nature to the staff and so appreciated by us! We were even given some lovely surprises during our visit like dinner on the catamaran, a fishing boat pickup with a lovely spread of food, and a romantic bbq on the beach.
You are able to arrange a food and beverage package when you arrive so you don't need to worry about your expenses for your stay. We did this, but next time I would probably not choose this option as some days you may not use it to it's full value.
To be honest before we arrived I thought to myself, what are we going to do at this place for 8 days? Should we have booked a hotel in town? Well our time was well and truly filled in with massages, swimming, kayaking, a trip into Nha Trang city, snorkelling, and generally indulging and relaxing! As much as we liked Nha Trang, we are so glad we did not stay in town.
A special thanks must go to our butler Phong, Yamany, Briony and TJ who were all so accommodating and could not do enough for us.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PipK23
Epikurean, Owner at L'Alyana Villas Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

The Team says Hi and sends their warmest greetings ! Thank you for being our guests and for your fantastic comments !

You have a great point there with the all inclusive option . I will look into providing a credit to guests that have not use it to the fullest value . It will be named the " Pippa Credit " in recognition of your contribution . I am sure many guests will be pleasantly surprised with this !

Keep well and stay in touch , and when you need a quick break from the city life , just drop us a quick note

Best Regards

Reviewed 30 October 2011

From the moment we stepped off the boat that had whisked us across to An Lam my husband and I were enchanted and extremely impressed by the "experience" provided by TJ, Yamany, Briony and their teams.
Our 8 night stay provided the ultimate escape - beach, pools, amazing food, service that exceeded all expectations and one experience after another.
Whilst we had plenty of time drinking cocktails poolside, An Lam provided so many surprise experiences:
. a private tour of Nha Trang - where we set the agenda for the day
. a private cooking course with Briony, including a early morning trip to the markets. This was a real highlight.
. a night in luxurious seclusion at K[a] Lam - make sure you ask to see this place (unbelievable)
. a walking trip that ended in a fishing cruise (the chefs prepared the fish we caught for lunch)
. cycling around the resort
. massages
. dinner cruise on the water
. lunch cruise on Kylie (the catamaran)
. dinner on the beach
Everyone one of these experiences was organised completely behind the scenes - the service provided by Hai (our butler) and overseen by the management team is second to none. Thank you Hai!
Getting to and from Nha Trang from the resort was so much fun - a short boat trip past lobster farms and fishing boats, followed by a very comfortable ride in an air conditioned vehicle that offered magnificent views. Each time you take this trip it reminds you of the glorious seclusion you have at An Lam.... whilst still being so close to the hustle and bustle that is Nha Trang city.
My husband and I felt like we were King & Queen of the island! We will certainly be returning to this paradise.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KylieMenz

Paradise will be waiting !
Thanks so much for being my guests and it was indeed great to have you with us . Thank you for your note . The Team & I look forward to welcoming you back , there are some nice improvements waiting to surprise you further .
Keep Well and Stay in Touch

Reviewed 5 October 2011

I went with my husband and a friend in January for 3 nights. The entire stay was worth more than our every dollar spent! We were treated like royalties by the entire staff from the boatman to our butler, Duk to the GM. The extra attention and care shown to us was just amazing, e.g. the chef made us some very special local soup with herbs from their herb garden because our butler heard that we were feeling a little under the weather from too much sun! As for the meals there, our specially planned dinners at their rock bar and on the sheltered part of the beach were just exquisite - the food was beautifully presented and amazingly delicious! Other than the first-class service, our 2-bedroom villa was just heavenly - such comfort and with views to kill for! We loved the resort tour on bike that Duk took us on. We got to visit all the other different types of villas available. We love the Hilltop Villa and when we go back next year we are definitely going to try to get that and stay longer! We look forward to all the facilities that will be added - the wine cellar, the spa, the library and beach villas - by next year!

Room Tip: If you can't climb steps, then don't choose the Hilltop Villa!
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank LizaYew
AnLamNinhVanBay, General Manager at L'Alyana Villas Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2016

Many thank s to your super comment on Tripadvisor. We always try to give the best service to our guests.

Reviewed 24 September 2011

For our honeymoon we stayed at An Lam Ninh Van Bay for 13 nights. The experience was from arrival to departure was more than words could ever explain. We were greeted on the main land reception with drinks, very cold towels and very warm smiles, filled in the necessary paperwork then headed off by boat to our island, which took a mere 10 mins. When arriving at the jetty we were once again greeted by a sea of smiling faces all congratulating us on our wedding and our butler (Duk) a true Vietnamese 4ft smiling vision of beauty walked us to our villa. We stayed in the hilltop villa which spread over 3 floors and it was furnished to perfection. We were simply lost for words. A beautiful bottle of champagne was awaiting our arrival, and a beautiful fruit bowl. We got aquatinted with our surroundings, freshened up and went for dinner. We were escorted to the bay by Duk and seated within a beautiful coves area by the warm breeze of the china sea. We were completely blown away with the quality and presentation of the food placed on our table. The service was without doubt perfection, the wine was chosen to compliment every dish perfectly, and it was very romantically lit with all candle light. At this point there was no where on earth that we both wanted to be than An Lam. We choose to delegate a all inclusive price with the management and they came back to us with an amazing price, so we grabbed it. This included all meals, drinks, spa treatment daily for the rest of our stay, 1 nights accommodation in their private resort, K Lam, a luxury yacht ride for 2hrs, and much much more. We paid there and then, therefore resulting in us having a very relaxing break not worrying about costs. We took a day out to Na Trang with our butler which was simply amazing. She was very professional but very good fun. She is Na Trang's best haggler, and picked some amazing deals up for us, showed us historical sites, markets, juice bars, and we both felt very confident with her company. I have travelled to many places in my time, but An Lam gave a complete sense of safety, friendliness beyond anything I have ever experienced, 24hr Care if needed and TJ, the GM was fantastic. He appeared very fair to all staff, which is fantastic to see, he is very knowledgeable about Vietnam, and all the staff seemed to adore him, but each and everyone of them professional to the end. Quoc who both myself and my husband really took a shine to. He was matriculate as a waiter, and every piece of cutlery had to be perfectly placed on the table, and his manners were very refreshing coming from uk standards. The attention to detail from the kitchen was fabulous and they have now employed an amazing australian chef called Briany as head chef to work alongside the Vietnamese chef. She has worked in many foreign countries, and as any professional, is not frightened to try anything new. She just adds the pure perfection of staff that An Lam has working for them. I could write a book on our experiences there, and it was so sad leaving all the friendly faces behind. But, on our boat journey leaving the island, we both agreed that An Lam Ninh Van Bay has not seen the last of us by a long shot. Yes, it's not a cheap holiday, yes it took 5 airports to get there, two days later, yes it was souring sun and extremely hot, but above all it was pure perfection, and because of that, we will be back.
Thank you to each and everyone of you at An Lam for making our honeymoon a lifetime experience.
Dave and Di

Room Tip: Hilltop Villa number 28 Lagoon villa number 22 Both very secluded.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Diane H
Tjgh1168, Owner at L'Alyana Villas Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Dear Dave & Di ,

Thank you for your lovely review ! It was indeed great having you with us and look forward to seeing you again . The fish is the lagoon will be waiting for you , so will Duc

Keep well and stay in touch