L'Alyana Ninh Van Bay
Amiana Resort and Villas(Nha Trang)
US$288
US$33
US$94
US$84
Agoda.com
Six Senses Ninh Van Bay(Nha Trang)
US$624
US$598
  • Breakfast included
TriStar Hotel(Nha Trang)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$23
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslagoon villaninh van bayhill rock villaprivate poolbutler serviceour honeymoonprivate butlerprivate dinnerindoor showeronly accessible by boatliving roomboat transferhead chefcomplete privacyvietnamese coffeecoffee machinehoney moon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I don't often write reviews but the whole package which owner TJ, chef Briony and the whole team cultivate and put out is really first class. However, unlike a lot of so-called 5 star resorts, this place also oozes soul, real friendliness and is great value for money. I suspect the prices will be hiked up soon when the word is out but if you can catch it now, then I urge you to go. I went with a friend and we had a booking of only 4 nights. We stayed 2 weeks and even then hadn't exhausted the activities on offer nor the menu. The villas are designed so well that 2 friends sharing means 2 proper bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a separate living room. Or, as a couple, you would have a lot of wonderful space. It's part of the mainland but feels like you're going to a private island. The setting is beautiful, the food is incredibly good (always go for the Vietnamese specials for breakfast I would say as they're so good!) and the villas (we had a beachfront one) are just wonderful. You were made to feel very much part of their "family" but not in an intrusive or awkward way and I would go back in a shot. I also am looking forward to keeping my precarious title as the champion of pool in the bar! Thank you to the whole team - it was the perfect 2 weeks. And it was hot and sunny 80% of the time, too!

Room Tip: Loved villa 7 on the beach falling asleep each night to the waves hitting the sand.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Epikurean, Owner at L'Alyana Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Thanks for the review ! and glad to hear you had a great time . I still can't believe you actually beat the team in pool as nobody has ever come close to do so We look forward to the next trip where we will be ready to regain that title . When ever you need a break , please let us know and rest assured , the prices will not go up . This is the main reason I started Epikurean,where we have a unique business model of offering great value for money . Thanks again & keep well

Reviewed 25 January 2012

The bottom line is - This place and all involved are just perfect.

My family and I stayed at the resort to cap off an already wonderful first-time trip to Vietnam. The staff at the resort were just wonderful from the get go. Further, our butler was absolutely brilliant in taking care of all of our individual needs (we are a family of 5 and this is difficult at the best of times).

Further, TJ (the owner/founder of Epikurean) happened to be be kicking around whilst we were there & he made us feel right at home.

I guess the best bits are the very natural surroundings, the wonderful food and the personal touch on offer here.

We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Himat G
Epikurean, Owner at L'Alyana Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2012

Thank you for your review . It was indeed a pleasure to have your family here with us as it does put us thru the " real test" . (1). The Beach Villas design is our latest concept where it is affordable for a couple with allot of private space but has the ability to be converted easily to accommodate four adults + one child in two separate rooms and individual bathrooms within the villa . When we had the five adults from your family , I was constantly interested to see how comfortable you could be, ensuring at the same time the concept of private space was still there, but yet still all can be together in the public space . I am so happy this worked (2) For the operations, we never had five vegetarians at the same time staying so long and it was good training for the team to ensure we could still deliver all the dining experiences and chef still excelling in the vegetarian dishes . I hoped you enjoyed the organic garden BBQ experience ! I look forward to welcoming all of you back in the very near future to try Gita's recipes which Chef now has

Reviewed 8 January 2012

If you want luxury and relaxation, go there!

The owner, TJ was also arround, this resulted in a ultimate all-you-can-eat Surf & Turf barbecue. The restaurant is for sure on Michelin-star level. And the view is an extra for free!

De prices for the food is for European standards reasonable, though the prices are not mentioned anywhere. This to make sure that you don't think of money during your visit.
(Personally I prefer to know what I get for my money, especially when it feels like eating in a 3-star restaurant)

Also we tried the new catamaran, we visit a close by bay, and had a swim. this together with our private pool villa, made our stay perfect.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abcde-edcba
Epikurean, Owner at L'Alyana Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Thank you for your comments and for being our guests . Your butler says Hi and I am sure Chef Briony will be trilled to read that she is Michelin Star Level . I hope to welcome you back to An Lam Villas soon . We just opened An Lam Private Residence Saigon River last week

Reviewed 5 January 2012

The resort is very nice. Each villa has a private pool. A wine cellar in each room.
The food is very good (special rate for breakfast), the Chef : Australian women is very friendly.
I was there alone for more than 5 days. Unfortunately the weather was not as good as expected but the privacy of the villa really helped to have a relax time. (not lucky as the gym was not working ..maintenance...when it is raining and you are alone, this is missing).
I stayed in a Hill villa, the view is amazing. The villa was too close to the bar and so to the music. But as one day we had "water" issue, the staff moved me to an other hill villa much more calm.
More than the place which is really perfect , the best for me is the staff. The management team and the others staff (special thanks to my butler) really took care of me during my stay, I was not really feeling alone, neither for new year eve !

If you are looking for very high quality resort,food,view and nice people, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Hill villa for the view. Not the ones close to the bar to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sLucy2015

Thank you for being our guest ! and it is good to hear you had a good time . We do apologize about the Gym being temporary out of order during your stay . When you do need a break from Tokyo next , please let me know . We just opened An Lam Private Residence Saigon River which will make the Ho Chi Minh City - Nha Trang combination very convenient . Keep well and hope to see you soon

Reviewed 29 December 2011

We spent a wonderful 5 day break at An Lam Villa and were quite reluctant to return to Hong Kong. From airport pickup to return dropoff, we were met with impeccable service from the friendly staff.

We actually booked a Hill Top Villa for our stay but due to possible noise coming from the construction of the wine cellar and viewing tower nearby, we were moved or rather upgraded to the lagoon villa. We were quite disappointed initially, as the Hill Top Villa is unusual, split between three levels amongst the lush forest, almost like a tree house. However, upon viewing the lagoon villa, the initial disappointment vanished and we were actually quite delighted by the beauty and the spaciousness of it.

Each villa has an assigned bulter to assist the guests with everything. Our bulter (Thuy) took really good care of us and showed us around on the buggy and we had the opportunity to visit other unoccupied villas. My personal favourite is still the Hill Top Villa.

There is also daily pickup and dropoff from the villa to Nha Trang Town centre. For the return, we were unfortunately left behind and the pickup vehicle left without us even though we were on time. I gave our Bulter a call after 15 minutes and another car arrived 20 minutes later. We were offered a private BBQ dinner in villa with a chef and server as an apology which we thought was a very nice and unexpected gesture.

The food at An Lam Villa was fantastic - that's the only word to describle. We heard the chef is an Australian lady who uses local produce as much as possible and also cured her own ham! The dinner menu changes daily, so there's no getting bored with eating the same food.

Overall, we had a really enjoyable holiday with An Lam Villa and will recommend to anyone who enjoy the good things in life - gorgeous spacious villa, friendly staff who really serve the guests from their hearts, delicious food and lush beautiful environment - can't really ask for more. We will return.... and next time, I will inisist on the Hill Top Villa.

Tips:

1. Weather in December can be erractic. Jan and Feb are better bets.
2. Be adventurous in food and go for their daily special at breakfast - the Vietnamese noodle soups are really delicious (in fact, I had the daily specials everyday!).

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank W A
Epikurean, Owner at L'Alyana Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2011

Thank you for your review and comments , and my sincere apologies again for not making the stay 110% perfect for missing your Nha Trang pick up and not being able to give you the Hill Top Villa . Please contact me personally when you would like to return and I will ensure you the HIll Top Villa!
Thanks Again for your patronage .