City and countryside tour of Nha Trang

Book in advance
from
US$103.53
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Magical Mystery Tour Nha Trang
from US$103.53
More Info
from US$103.53
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 April 2015

We received a very prompt reply from James even though he was out of the country and shortly thereafter we received a call from Gordon who was happy to help out. We met the next day and readily accepted the suggested itinerary. Gordon picked up our party of seven from the hotel and we enjoyed a private speed boat trip on the bay, avoiding any tourist crowds. Our first stop was a fishing farm where we purchased a cray to have later for lunch and then went snorkelling at a couple of spots where the water was clear and warm and the fish and coral were abundant. This was followed by a pit stop at a beautiful beach (where a massage and drink didn't go astray) before heading off for an enjoyable Vietnamese lunch that Gordon had arranged for us (along with the cooking of our cray!). We thought the trip was great value, really enjoyable and Gordon was great company. Thanks to the reviews of this site, we had a top tour to end our stay in Nha Trang.

Date of experience: April 2015
Billy342, Owner at Magical Mystery Tour Nha Trang, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2015

Very pleased that your family and friends enjoyed your day out on the boat. Gordon had a fun Dan also and thanks for your kind review

Reviewed 22 April 2015

We made contact with Jim before arriving in Vietnam. He took the time to meet with us beforehand. Jim and his wife Jane, are knowledgable guides. Mr Tien Tach the driver was very good. We enjoyed the variety, had an excellent lunch, good coffee and felt we got an insight into the area that we would not have been able to get on our own. We particularly enjoyed the drive into the rural areas, the old house and the noodle factory and bakery. Would recommend !

Date of experience: April 2015

Glad to assist you, and happy you enjoyed your dAy on the 4 islands Gordon said he really enjoyed your company and had a great day too. Thank you again and I hope you enjoy your next visit to Vietnam

Reviewed 24 March 2015

It was no big surprise after seeing the reviews, but I was happy that James could fit me in on a tour that he had arranged before I took off for Dalat. I already enjoy the company of Scots, but James is a great host on top of that. From history, insights, and personal anecdotes he kept us all well informed and entertained from start to finish with complete ease. One even had the feeling that he controlled the weather as well, when the clouds unloaded when we were inside the big market with a deafening clatter on the tin roof, concluding only when we exited the building.

Without James I would have left Nha Trang with very little other than a few good meals and an appreciation of the pretty beaches. He not only gave us a grasp of the history, and some important local monuments but also gave us some thought provoking insights into the religion and local customs of the Vietnamese people. I wish I had encountered James at the beginning of my two months in Vietnam. It would have given me a better perspective on everything to follow. At least I can look back with a renewed perspective now, and gain new insights with the information garnered from the day of the tour.

We were also exposed to some of the ways the regular people earned a living be they bakers, weavers, or noodle makers. Such a mixture of things in one day including a trip up the river past fishermen's shack on stilts. Everything flowed from one thing to the next. I am a master planner, but it was so nice to let someone else who knows how it's done take over so I could just relax. So if you want a tour that you want to walk away from with something of value, take this one. I know a good thing when I see it. They don't call me the Travel Zealot for nothing.

Date of experience: March 2015
Billy342, Owner at Magical Mystery Tour Nha Trang, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2015

Thank you travelzealot, your review was greatly appreciated, however I do not control the weather, just plan around it .lol Hope you have a few happy years travelling and stay safe glad you had a great day out seeing the sights of the more out of the way places and the city. regards

MMT

Reviewed 23 March 2015

From the time we booked this tour to the time we were back on the pier this was perfect.James sent an email with great directions to meet him after arriving and included his photo! We were treated to superb sights and excellent food in Nha Trang and he was able to avoid the crowds. He also tailored the commentary to accommodate our interests. We recommend him highly

Date of experience: March 2015
Billy342, Manager at Magical Mystery Tour Nha Trang, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2015

So Happy everything came together for you, we have a specially designed tour for the cruise ships, which far exceeds the standard ship tour. I hope you had a good cruise many thanks for the review

Reviewed 22 March 2015 via mobile

We were both looking for a rural 'real' Vietnam experience.
What we got was out of this world. James is a legend. A great guide and knows the locality, history and culture inside out.
Our tour was tailor made with James to suit our needs.
We wanted a rural get out of the city experience for a day. It was amazing. James will bring you wherever you want by car and explain everything along the way. We found out more about vietnamese people and culture in that day than all our trip combined.
If you're in Nha Trang use this tour. Please! It made our trip. Plus its fun and James is a great laugh and guide. Thanks James.

Guys thank you for your review, we try to show the best of Nha Trang, glad you enjoyed your day out. Enjoy your vacation