“Needs better management”

Ranked #26 of 204 Hotels in Nha Trang
Brisbane
“Needs better management”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Newish hotel that's about 10 minutes to the beach. We took the smaller standard room but an extra $5 would get you a bigger room with a safe. As a new hotel, I didn't find any maintenance issues. But, housekeeping never replaced the complimentary coffee/tea (even though we told reception) and they did not offer free water bottles each day.
Breakfast was quick and provided quite a few items for us to select. Laundry was cheap and the wifi was the best so far in all my travels in Asia.
Overall, I wish my manager from our Hanoi or Hue hotel could visit here and train them to be better. At the moment it just meets my needs but could be so much more personal and attractive to the tourist. Oh, there is a funeral home next door that played annoying loud music for the first 2 days from early morning to late at night. First time I have ever come across this and may upset those who want to sleep in.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I booked this hotel because of all the reviews it got on tripadvisor. I booked a standard double room which was fairly expensive in comparison to other hotels I stayed in Vietnam. The room was new and in really good condition, the bathroom was beautiful and it had air-con (much needed), a TV and fridge, with snacks and drinks that could be purchased. The room was very small, there was room to walk around the bed but thats about it. I was on my own so it was fine but two people in this room might struggle. When I first arrived in my room it did have a bit of a musty smell but I either got used to this or it disappeared!

The hotel offered a good breakfast selection. It was the usual breakfast offered to tourists and was a good start to the day.

The staff were generally helpful but I did need to ask a few times for them to help with tours etc. I ended up booking tours through a shop in town who were a lot more helpful. We did struggle with communication on occasion but this is not something I would ever complain about as their English is a million time better than my Vietnamese! They did really help on one occasion when I was in desperate need of sun cream at 7:30am when no shops were open and I was being picked up to go cycling!

The location of this hotel was perfect for me. It was just out of the main tourist area and about two minutes to the beach which was beautiful. It is about a 10/ 15 minute walk into town which has some nice restaurants and cafes.

Nha Trang is quite touristy and is developing into a big holiday location in Vietnam. It is very popular but probably not somewhere I would return, but this is just personal choice. I am not the sort of person who will spend hours on the beach, there are a lot of adventure tours available in Nha Trang, which was a big positive for me.

Room Tip: A standard double room is quite small so its probably worth paying more for a bigger room if more th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Quality rooms of great size and quality. We were in a superior room. Had a great window out the front, two beds and nice hot shower. Breakfast was very good but would have been better with a small fruit plate to go with your order. It is not buffet but from a list. That was fine but needed that little bit more. Overall, this is a very good hotel close to the Nha Trang Center. We tend to go to the Sailing Club and Lousianne often and it is a bit of a walk to there and the backpacker area. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Get a room up top to get away from street noise in the mornings.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Very good place to stay, very clean and convenient modern room. Walking distance from the beach and restaurants. The receptionist was very helpful and cheerful plus great breakfast. Staff were helpful in organising our travel and trips.

Stayed April 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

some other traveler recommended the hotel and we were not disappointed. it's clean and the rooms are modern. staff are friendly and helpful. its in the city centre just 5 minutes to the shopping center and to the beach. highly recommended!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mccorner
Fribourg, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Our room was nice and modern, what more, it was very quiet! Laundry service was great, good price and fast. The hotel is about 4 blocks from the beach, a little further than we thought, but we liked the fact that it was not in the touristy area! We enjoyed our 5 nights there.

Breakfast was simple, it is good that Vietnamese food was offered. However, I would go for the European options, as you can find better Pho at the street kitchen.

We would recommend this place to anyone who wants clean, modern and good price/quality hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We would recommend this hotel to anybody! Extremely impressed with the rooms and the staff!
Room was quite small - but when you are only there to sleep why would you need a big room! Very clean, great bathroom (hot showers with a big shower head) it was perfect all round! Can not fault one bit! We will be back!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple