“Excellent value and location”
Review of TriStar Hotel

TriStar Hotel
Ranked #30 of 209 Hotels in Nha Trang
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent value and location”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We are a young couple from the UK.

We stayed at the Tristar Hotel in Nha Trang for a week in May 2014. We arrived at the hotel at 6am after travelling on the night bus from Hoi An. I fully expected to just leave the bag and return at check in time (2pm). The lady on the desk was really very nice and swapped rooms for us so that we could check in immediately. I was was really grateful for this. During our stay she helped us with travel tips and changing our booking and nothing was too much trouble. Which was great.

The room was huge and very modern and clean with a great bathroom with amazing shower.

The hotel itself is in a great location just 5 minutes walk to the beach and the Nha Trang mall.

Breakfast was good and the mini bar was very reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of booking. You wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 201 which faced out onto the street. Huge ceiling to wall windows made this room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Howlives

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights, only checking out 2 days ago. We picked it because of the price, modern and proximity to local attractions. First impressions- I'm being picky but no cold towel or drink like every other hotel we have stayed. Room is good if not a little small. My partner is 6'2" so trying to walk around the bed was a pain. Very clean and modern so can be faulted with that. The downside is it's very noisy. We were on the 5th floor and sound echoes from all the floors. Doors beeping and people talking. I used ear plugs last 2 nights. Brekkie is ok. Nothing compared to what we have been eating. We weren't allowed a coffee and juice just one or the other. I couldn't have toast with my omelette because that's not what the menu said. Maybe teething problems that they will get over. Lastly( not the hotels fault) we had a Very noisy family on our floor and a baby that cried from 5am everyday. Who needs to sleep in anyway! Overall a good hotel. Not sure I'd go back though. If your on a budget then great find but if you can afford more then I'd look elsewhere

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keel79
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed here for one night in March on the way down to Saigon. We picked it due to it's proximity to the train station, which was a 10 minute walk away. It is slightly further away from the main tourist resort centre, but Nha Trang isn't very big so it is no more than a 15 min walk away, and about 5 from the beach.
We stayed in a Superior Twin Room, which was very modern and a reasonable size. There was complimentary tea & coffee, a TV with a few English speaking channels, air con and WiFi but no safe. The bathroom was nice, with a rainfall shower and numerous complimentary items. The room was clean, but perhaps lacking in character a bit. This was fine for us, but it depends what you want from a hotel. There is a lift in the premises.
We had the free breakfast in the morning, there were quite a few options and although the servings were quite small it was enough for me.
Overall, I would definitely recommend the Tristar Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I had decided to stay here by reading review on trip advisor and finding the location a bit north from the center. Trister is the good choice for location and price, staff is friendly, she even let us check in earlier, free of charge, also set up the highest floor with beautiful view from our room as I requested in my booking. About 15-20minutes walking to the center, Louisane Bar and Sailing Club, E-land coffee is ab 5 minutes walk from there, overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will recommend this hotel to all my friends and i definitely will come back to stay here again + Breakfast was ok, not really good but it's not a minus, electric in the room is off 2-3 times when we stayed there,
Hotel has a transport to airport

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Phan H
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 28 May 2014

+ I had decided to stay here by reading review on trip advisor and finding the location a bit north from the center. Trister is the good choice for location and price, staff is friendly, she even let us check in earlier, free of charge, also set up the highest floor with beautiful view from our room as I requested in my booking. About 15-20minutes walking to the center, Louisane Bar and Sailing Club, E-land coffee is ab 5 minutes walk from there, overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will recommend this hotel to all my friends and i definitely will come back to stay here again

+ Breakfast was ok, not really good but it's not a minus, electric in the room is off 2-3 times when we stayed there, ab 5 minutes off then back again, not sure what happenned! Pillows are bit hard..

Room Tip: I had the superior 904, beautful View, just one thing is u have to walk up from 9th Floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I booked a family room with 2 double beds on the 9 fl. Room was modern, clean, free wifi in room, breakfast for choice.
You just take 5m walking to shopping center and about 10m to the beach. With that price, this hotel is more than my expectation. Strongly recommend!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Europe
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here, rooms/bathroom was clean and modern looking. Both rooms we stayed in were nice. The first was very small but this didn't bother us, only the noise if the canteen in the morning was a bit annoying. This got booked up on 3rd night so we went to a superior room which we loved even more, spacious and huge windows to a great view of the city, and quiet being on the top floor! Staff very friendly and try to help you when they can. Breakfast is a list of choices which is nice but a choice of one may not fill every body up. Showers took a while to heat up but when they did it was great.

• Stayed May 2014