“A Trip Of A Lifetime”

Ranked #2 of 192 Hotels in Nha Trang
London, United Kingdom
“A Trip Of A Lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Myself and my girlfriend Anna spent a week at this amazing beach resort in April. It consists of a horseshoe cove with a series of incredible beach apartments dotted along it. The beaches are of fine sand, and the water is clear and warm, with amazing corals below.

On arrival we were greeted by Gary, the manager, who surprised us by helping us off the boat and taking our luggage. We didn't know he was the manager until he later introduced himself! He was a very gracious host, a hardworking guy who took time to talk to us and other guests, and make sure we had everything we needed.

Vietnamese food is amazing, and this place had a first class selection of the very best dishes. Our breakfasts lasted almost 2 hours, and we ate too much, but we didn't care, as we were happy sitting in the restaurant overlooking the bay.

The beach outside our villa was deserted and unspoilt — our own personal paradise - it seemed. We sat under the sun loungers thinking how lucky we were to be there, enjoying one of the top resorts on the planet.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ben A
sixsensesninhvanbay, The Management team at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Ben A,

Sunny greetings from Ninh Van Bay!

Thank you very much for your review! It is great to learn that you had such a memorable experience with us. We believe that Gary is very happy to read you as well.

Dear Ben A, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we are sincerely glad that you love the Vietnamese cuisine. Maybe next time, you would enjoy learning how to make the famous Vietnamese hand rolls/spring rolls under the shade of our organic garden and with the ingredients freshly picked-up from there.

In addition, thank you for your compliment addressed to our "unspoilt" beach. It is our pride and hence responsibility to preserve this "paradise".

May we ask you more details about the villa, as you only rated it 3/5? We are striving to improve our guest experience and we will try our best to achieve.

Please let us know if there is anything we can assist you on your next visit. We can be reached at reservations-ninhvan@sixsenses.com.

Kind regards,

The Management team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Having completed a month of travelling & trekking in Nepal & Bhutan the Six Senses Ninh Van Bay was exactly what I needed. Having previously travelled Vietnam in past years the whole purpose of my stay was to relax, and relax I did!

As soon as I arrived in Nha Trang via flight there was already a resort representative waiting by the luggage area in the airport who escorted me to the awaiting van then was presented with a cold towel & bottled water. From that point I didn't have to worry about my luggage as the resort staff took care of it all the way to the villa. Upon arrival at the Six Senses port I was escorted into the boat transfer waiting area & served tea. The location is perfect and away from the hustle & bustle of Nha Trang via 15-20min boat transfer. On arrival at the resort itself I was greeted by the resort manager & introduced to my butler that was tending to me during my stay. At that point my butler drove us via golf cart to the beach villa & gave me an overview of the amenities offered within the villa & resort events that were happening. For myself at that point of my vacation all I wanted was to relax by my pool/beach & order room service everyday, I did exactly that. Breakfast was amazing with freshly baked croissants and other pastries, freshly squeezed juices, made to order eggs, loads of goodies to many to name & absolutely love love the Vietnamese iced coffee (usually would have 3 glasses, sometimes 4). Also did the detoxification package at the spa which was bliss, in the packaged it also included a flower bath that has tea & fruit laid out for you to enjoy while bathing.

The beach villa's are awesome and offer everything you could possibly need, neat indoor/outdoor bathroom, wifi, tea/coffee/espresso maker, kettle, bottled water, wine fridge, mini bar, lots of towels & a extremely comfortable bed. Also with the beach villa there is direct access to the beach which I also walked along in the mornings to go for breakfast. Room service was great every time & always brought warm bread to accompany your meals, loved it.
Six Senses Ninh Van Bay was perfect after schlepping & hiking in the Himalayas, I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Michelle808
Xin chao Michelle808,

Thank you very much for your warm feedback!

We are elated to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to unwind, relax at Ninh Van Bay after a superb long trek. We believe your review will give to other travelers an overview on the resort's facilities, services and offers. Thank you for highlighting the spa and room service. They are our shiny pearls.

It's also great to hear that you would return. We are looking forward to welcoming you back with a special welcome drink "ca phe sua da" - Vietnamese iced coffee. ;)

If there is anything that we can help you with on your next stay, please feel free to reach us at reservations-ninhvan@sixsenses.com.

Warmest regards,

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Thiis is a rather belated review and I have been meaning to get around to it for a while now- my husband and I came here for our honeymoon in December 2012. From the boat ride on a moonlit night to ninh van bay to our villa with the private pool- everything was superb. We had our butler Mai looking after every single detail and nothing was not attended to immediately. But most of all- the ambience! - its difficult to describe how relaxed one can feel here. We stayed in Rock Villa 2 and Beach Villa 18 and both were perfect- I found RockVilla 2 stunning and perfect and utterly private. We also did a wine cave dinner and took a cooking class- both were very enjoyable. The hotel gave us honeymooners a complimentary cruise at sunset, which was very lovely. Last but not the least, I can't swim but thanks to the v helpful and competent Joanna, I snorkelled quite a bit and will always remember it.

Room Tip: Rock Villa 2.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Devkanya R
Dear Devkanya R,

Warm greetings from the sunny bay!

Your belated posting is more than welcome. We have to say that your review led us into a fairy story: "the boat ride on a moonlit night...". Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us.

Please know that we have passed on your kind words to Mai and Joana who are very happy to provide you a memorable stay. The pleasure is all ours.

We appreciate your visit and are looking forward to welcoming you back in the foreseeable future.

Best regards from the management team,
Beirut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed there for 6 nights with my wife and two kids 6 and 8 years old. We have been all over the Far East previously and we wanted to try something new and thus chose this resort in Vietnam. We weren’t disappointed at all!
This resort stands out as one of the best in Vietnam if not in the Far East and mostly because of its personalized authentic experience and approach to the clients unlike in Big luxury hotel chains. You will like this resort if you are into Nature and rustic theme and appreciate barefoot luxury and eco tourism as the resort strives its best in that . You will also get in touch with the local Vietnamese culture in many aspects in the resort ( food, design, architecture, staff...) which is a big plus.
The resort is located in an amazing secluded bay with beautiful massive rocks at the back drop of a very lush and steep mountain providing ultimate seclusion, and green background. Villas and restaurants are all made of wood which blend naturally in the environment. Colored butterflies of all kinds are always around and so are some birds and hidden monkeys in the mountains. The beach is quite long, all private, and the house coral reef is full of colored fish so you could snorkel and enjoy it. Hiking in nature is very adventurous and nice!
Service is top and is one to one! Although some staff struggle to understand English, they really do an effort in service and with a big smile. Getting your private butler to handle all your daily needs from booking, special requests, suggestions, etc.. is a big plus ! Special thanks to our butler Kathie for her excellent job!
The kids club is one of the best we have ever had as Anna makes it so special taking care of the kids and providing them with lots of innovative activities from mocktails making, cooking, pottery, tree planting, kids snorkeling, sand castle tournaments, open air movie theater, arts and crafts etc... Kids got busy all the time and they loved here.
Breakfast Buffet is a feast and food in general was very tasty and special unlike other big luxury hotel chains, salads are mostly organic grown in the resort’s garden. Themed nights have interesting buffets and live cooking stations but may get repetitive.
Excursions are all done in private which is a big plus and for good value for money. Fishing excursion where we got 22 fishes! was very nice, so was the snorkeling at Mun Island and visiting the seas food farms. Special thanks to Tum who took care of all our excursions and special needs while guiding and entertaining us and he even tailored made an excursion to Orchid Island and Monkey Island which the kids loved even thought it was quite busy.
We chose the beach villa as it is the moist adequate for children. The private pool was bigger than we thought and we really enjoyed spending time in the villa and swimming in our pool and in the clear sea in front of us. Villas are very well designed for maximum comfort. All luxury amenities are there ( ipod docks, wifi , cable, mini bar, Air conditioning etc…) even thought the villa is interior is rustic and all in wood. If you have kids ask for beach villas with numbers 1 to 10 which are close to the kids club and main restaurant which is more convenient as the resort is quite big. Other villa types can be very secluded with nice panoramas if that is your preference but beach villas are best for kids.
Spa is nice but more should be done there, some staff needs more training and the whole experience and spa management can be much more improved. Gym is well equipped.
Finally I would like to thank Gary Henden for his outstanding management of this resort which is reflected in all aspects especially in service making this experience very personalized and authentic. Gary is always available all day having one on one chat with the guests and making sure they are well taken care of. Well Done!!!

Room Tip: If you have kids ask for beach villas with numbers 1 to 10 which are close to the kids club and main...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BespokeZ
sixsensesninhvanbay, The Management team at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Xin chao ZaherBeirut,

Sunny greetings from the bay!

Your long feedback with very detailed descriptions about your experience at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay resort has blow us away. Thank you for spending your precious time to share it on TripAdvisor. We do hope that it is helpful for travelers to understand more about our concept, facilities and activities.

Reading your review, we trust that you enjoyed your stay which made us very very happy. We will make sure that your review will be shared with our hosts. They deserve to know that their effort and dedication were rewarded by guest's satisfaction.

Dear ZaherBeirut, regarding the spa experience, if you could let us know more about that so we would bring appropriate adjustments... Please know that we strive our best to improve.

Again, we would like to thank you for your visit and your affection. Kathie, Anna, Tuan, our famous Gary Henden as well as all our hosts are look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of Ninh Van Bay in the too not distant future.

Best regards,

Knutsford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I spent 8 nights at Six Sense Ninh Van Bay from 8th June for our belated honeymoon. We had spent months researching where to go as we wanted somewhere really special.

I literally cannot fault this resort at all. I had slight reservations before we arrived as I was going to be five months pregnant, and I was suddenly concerned about traveling so far, not being able to have immunisations etc... I really needn't have worried.

The resort is stunning, the staff are amazing - I literally can't thank Duy our Butler enough for his wonderful service, the Spa is excellent value and the villa's are real luxury. We loved our plunge pool, which was bigger than we had imagined from the photo's. The beds are really comfortable, given I'm pregnant I really need a comfy bed and these were lovely.

The breakfast is fantastic, so much choice and everything fresh. My only negative was that the buffet's were quite dear in my opinion.

The staff really were the best I've ever met. They were all fantastic. The GM Gary, is always around and ready to chat to everyone.

I literally can't recommend this resort enough.

Room Tip: We stayed in Hilltop Villa 8 which has the most amazing view, apparently one of the best on the reso...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
sixsensesninhvanbay, The Management team at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Xin chao Rachelp77,

Warm greetings across Ninh Van Bay!

It was our pleasure to meet you at our resort and it is with the same pleasure to read you on this page.

Thank you for taking time to share with us and other travelers about your experience. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your belated honeymoon and that our hosts, especially Duy, took well care of you. Regarding the buffet price, we shall review with our team.

Dear Rachelp77, your satisfaction is our "utter" return. Please take precious cake of yourself and we are impatiently looking forward to welcoming you back, this time with three peoples. ;)

With best regards,

Agueda, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We went to Vietnam on our honeymoon, and to end an amazing and life changing trip we couldn't have chosen a better place.
Six Senses triggers and pleasures all your senses and more.
It's and eco friendly, respect your place on hearth kind of environment with a 5 stars Hotel service.
Everyone on staff is polite and efficient, food is obscenely tasteful and colorful and the location is to die for.
Enjoy and please go!!
You can see photos on stilettosontreadmill.blogspot.com

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tarelha
sixsensesninhvanbay, The Management team at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Xin chao Tarelha,

First of all, congratulations for your wedding!!! It is a huge pleasure for Six Senses Ninh Van Bay to be your honeymoon destination. Reading your review, we believe that you enjoyed a memorable stay.

Thank you for recommending us to others travelers. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back in our beautiful bay!

Until the opportunity permits, please receive our best wishes of health, happiness and success for your new life. ;)

Warm regards from the management team,
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

A fabulous resort for all, location wonderful, accommodation fabulous and first class service. The staff are the key to your stay here and provide prompt, efficient and courteous service. This is a well managed resort focused on invidual customer's needs. Ideal for honeymooning couples but also a great getaway location with the fantastic private beach and warm sea. Our only minor issue would be the price of drinks which are well above the market average. We spent 6 glorious nights here and thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Beach Villas are superb and the best are 5-7
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
sixsensesninhvanbay, The Management team at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Xin chao Barry B,

We would like firstly to thank you for posting your "sublime" review about Six Senses Ninh Van Bay!

We are really delighted that you enjoyed our facilities and appreciate our service. Your comment will be shared among our team and will be an encouragement for all to keep up the good work.

Dear Barry B, we feel so great that you intend to recommend us to everybody. Nevertheless, regarding your feedback about the price of drinks, we would appreciate if you compare us with other 5 stars resorts/hotels and not with the small hotels in town. We really believe that our price is not that exorbitant for a 5 stars level.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thanks again for being our guest.

Kindest regards from the management team,