“Good all round for the price”
Review of La Suisse Hotel

La Suisse Hotel
Ranked #60 of 206 Hotels in Nha Trang
London, United Kingdom
“Good all round for the price”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

From the good English and positivity of the receptionist to the rooms where everything worked this was a very good stay.

Breakfast had good selections and came promptly with a smile.

Okay the decor of the room was not 5* but it was very competitively priced.

Friend had an aircon ducting noise through the night but nothing major.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Medley99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Just spent a lovely four nights here after coming off the street. Room was basic but big, with TV, quiet aircon & minibar. ensuite bathroom with small tub & lots of towels, room cleaned daily.

Service was excellent & staff were helpful throughout our stay, especially Ann, who was always available & very friendly. Location excellent, highly recommend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Happywanderer101787
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stumbled on this hotel after the hostel we had only booked one night in was unable to accommodate us for a second night, from the very beginning, staff were extremely helpful and welcoming, we were shown a very affordable and spacious room, with the nicest bathroom we have had so far on our travels through Vietnam. We ended up spending 4 nights in total here. Another bonus was cleaned every day and we were left fresh towels. There was also a safe in the room. It was in a great, central location, affordable price and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I am surprised by the negative reviews as our stay was nothing but pleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Great area, faultlessly spotless, cosy bed. Feast no extra than okay. Great employees forever prepared to assist. Authorized early on register. Two major receptionists - one a multilingual ditzy giggling who provide 2 outstanding suggestions for eating place, the previous a wonderful proficient organiser who capable voyage tactics within transcript. The staff is the most excellent quality of this fine, convincingly priced, healthy situated tavern.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Sorry for this to be so long but i feel people should read this from top to bottom if you intend on staying here!!!

Bed bug ridden dive as tittle suggests! stayed here for 3 nights on the 4th of Feb ...we stayed for 3 nights not by choice!!! As this place just got worse and worse for me and my wife!
It started when we went to check in and girl was showing us to the room and in the lift she said ...."your room is $34 a night, right?" .... I thought that was a strange thing to say (as if she was putting the price up after we checked in) ..so I checked my paper work once i got to the room and sure enough the confirmation booking emails I got from them was for $27 a night and I went down to confirm this and said OK ...but price has gone up!
Went back up to the room and tried to switch on the air con and it just whispered out cold air only every slightly (no exaggeration!) not even with enough pressure to cool the room ..so back down I go.
I told the girl so she sent up do door boys to come and see what they can do and of course the aircon was broken so they couldn't do anything so she gave me a fan and said a technician would come the next day.
When I asked the girl to give us a room change we were told the hotel (if you can call it that) was full and could not do a room change (fair enough) ..so I said we paid for an aircon room and since they could not give us one can they at least discount the room was told "No, since you are already getting a discount they can not give any more".
...There was no discount in the first place!!! ...we just booked the hotel at the time of a certain price and since the booking the price had gone up!.
So that got up my nose at those remarks and was bad customer service!
Later that night the aircon was running like it should ..so the first thing i did was go down and tell them not to send anyone because it was running fine.

Second problem the bathroom was quite dingy and looked almost run down to a dirty state, all the grout between the tiles and bath were all black and just looks like you don't want to touch anything ..which Is something i can live with but ...every time we had a shower the water would flow onto the bath side onto the tiles and then on to the floor and I'm not talking a little bit, the bathroom floor was flooded!!! ...this is still something i can live with also but its still not nice at all!!!

Now for the Bed Bugs ..we woke up in the morning itchy and in bed we pulled the bed sheets back and there they were crawling on the bottom sheets, The wife crushed one on the sheets and our blood came out so we hoped out of bed and proceed to investigate the bed more and we found 5 in total and we killed them and also our blood dots on the bed from during the night!
So by this time i'm quite upset at this place and go down to reception and explain what beg bugs are and that they are very bad for a hotel to have and demanded to have a new room! ..they obliged and so we got a new key so the first thing I did was go and inspect the new bed.

...I pulled the sheets back and I saw blood stains on the new sheets on the new bed that they gave us. Obviously they couldn't remove those stains from previous customer/s ..BY THIS TIME I'M ANGRY!!! ...so once again another trip down stairs to explain the problem obviously with anger! and i walk out and spend 2 hours walking around looking for new hotels to book in to and all were booked and I mean ALL! , Nha Trang is that popular not one place had a room for us ...unfortunately as I didn't want to stay there at all!!!

Now ...I return to the room and shift our bags to the new room with Another new set of sheets on the bed. ..after 5 minutes in the room the "Not very intelligent" receptionist calls me on the phone and asks us if that was our blood on the bed in the previous room with the bed bugs. Yes of course it is i replied , she then replies "if we can not remove the stains, you have to pay for the sheets" ....WHAT THE ?????????? .... So then I lost it! ..I said "they were YOUR BED BUGS, NOT OURS, did you not understand what i've been talking about all this time??? I'M NOT PAYING FOR THE NEW SHEETS!!!"

She then said OK and hung up the phone. and never heard back from them about it again. no apologies NOTHING!

Another girl at reception asked how our stay was when we went to check out and i told her everything (calmly) and she did say sorry and said "OK next time you come back we give you discount" HAHAHAHAHA ...I told her there will not be a next time and that I would never stay here again!!!
How about you offer a generous discount this time? ..no that wont happen will it ,just like there will be no discount next time!
She did say its not good for people to experience bad things because of trip advisor and the negative news is not good for business but obviously by not offering me an immediate discount on the bill, they weren't too concerned over my negative trip advisor review !!!

If people say its $27 a night get over it! NO! i've stayed in plenty of places across south east Asia and lived in Thailand over 1 year and for $27 /$34 (According to them) as they now charge, (including Vietnam) i've stayed in much much higher standards that what this dump offers!

Only good thing i can say about this place is free breakfasts (but everywhere we stayed in Vietnam had free breakfasts) and reasonably good location but there are many more with better locations closer to the beach.

Sorry for making this long and thank you for reading!

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here ask for a room with NO BED BUGS!!!
3 Thank Fried_Noodle
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

paid $25 a night thought it was abit overpriced but overall La Suisse is a good place to stay for a couple of days as it is situated 2 min walk to the beach and all the main bars and restaurants, (eg the sailing club & louisane brew house), the rooms were of decent size, we had one double and a single as these where the only bed available. breakfast in the morning was good, bacon and eggs with fruit and lemon juice was yum. the staff at the counter was very friendly and helped us alot with taxi to and from the airport. there taxi driver also waited for us when we arrived at Nha Trang late and had trouble with Vietnam airways as they had broke one of our cases and were being quite immature about it (it eventually got fixed)

tho there are other hotels around the corner that offer the same room type for 15$ a night, Although it dosen't include breakfast......But this is vietnam.

Room Tip: hot water only lasts a few minutes and then you have to wait till it heats up again...so if you want...
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed here for just one day, but have only good things to say. It is simple but great value for money. Rooms clean and large, excellent location for walking to the beach (the nice part, not the built up northern strip), good free breakfast, very friendly staff, free wifi, and good price!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family