“A budget place ok for £15 a night.”
Review of La Suisse Hotel

La Suisse Hotel
Ranked #55 of 204 Hotels in Nha Trang
North Shields, United Kingdom
“A budget place ok for £15 a night.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I can not understand how anyone could consider this as excellent. I rarely rate hotels as average or below.

Positives – very pleasant staff, good price and well located TV with CNN
Negatives – no hot water, tired looking, breakfast ends too early, no shower gel.

I stayed here for 2 nights in June 2014. The cost for a king sized bed in a decently sized rather outdated room with air con including breakfast for up to 2 people was £15 a night. It is advertised as 2 star and that is about where I would put it.

It is well located – near the heart of the tourist area – lots of places to eat with some bars to drink in. BTW if you like clubbing the Sailing Club is modern and lively – full of young backpackers with great music. A local beer was £1.80 a bottle.

The clean room had a safe and desk with a bathroom and a shower. The grouting around the bath was less than impressive. In 2 days I never managed to get any hot water despite leaving the system switched on for an hour and running the water for a long time. Shampoo, toothbrushes slippers etc are all supplied but no shower gel and only one small bar of soap. It also had a fridge but no complimentary water. There was a good sized modern LCD TV with CNN available. Wifi is free.

The staff are friendly, helpful and want to please.

Breakfast was for me, a problem. When on holiday I do not want to have to get up early. They finish breakfast at 9.00am. Second there is a choice of 10 types of main course and 10 drinks. You can have one of each that’s it or you pay more. I had an omelette with bread roll and orange juice. They did add some fruit to the plate when it arrived but this was not mentioned on the menu. They must make breakfast last later (say 10 am) and should allow at least one more drink in this hot climate and provide butter for the bread. The food itself was pretty good.

I consider the Guesthouse as fine but I would look to find better were I to return (I paid the same price for a much better hotel in Central Saigon).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Vietnamese first
Madeira Beach, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I wish there was a La Suisse in every city! After being moved around at our last hotel, we visited La Suisse to get prices and look at a room. We immediately reserved a room for the next 4 nights, and we're so glad we did. Doan, and all the staff were so friendly and helpful. She suggested the best spas to pamper ourselves, and the best meal (Yen's) that we've had on our trip. The room is spacious with a bathtub, comfy bed, affordable mini bar, AC and a lovely breakfast is included at the rooftop restaurant! The price is right. You really can't ask for more. We would definitely stay here again if visiting Nha Trang!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter L
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

La Suisse is located about a 5 minute walk from the main beach at Nha Trang and just a few hundred metres from a large selection of restaurants, pubs and shops. We stayed in April and had a balcony room. Those rooms are spacious and clean, although the décor is a bit tired and the air con fans could use a turbo boost. Breakfast was provided in our tariff and is fantastic. Fresh tropical fruit along with a menu selection of around a dozen items (eg omelettes, baguettes, fresh fruit juice, tea etc). Great views from the 7th floor breakfast rooftop balcony. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Can get direct pickup and transfer to the hotel from Cam Ranh Bay Airport for slightly more than a taxi, but well worth it. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are bigger than the others for a slightly higher price.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Matt W
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at La Suisse in April.I liked the staff,who spoke good English.I enjoyed a good breakfast,on the roof restaurant.My room was very clean,and facilities were good.The hotel was well located,not far from beach,aprox 5-10 minutes away,depending on how fast you walk.It was also near,many bars,cafés and restaurants.Staying in La Suisse,just made my stay in Nha Trang,just a bit better.I would stay again in La Suisse,if I came back to Nha Trang again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephen O
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Probably the best value for the money I've gotten in my trip.

Helpful and efficient staff, especially at the reception, rooms are equipped with all the necessary basics, spacious, centrally located but not in a noisy area.

Had to pay a few more bucks in total for services I could get outdoors cheaper, but other than that - all well. Would go back again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The high point of this little hotel are its location; not too far from the beach, yet central, and still QUIET! My standard room (room #502) came with the basic necessities: working WIFI, Cable TV (but limited English and international channels), A/C (but too weak cooling power especially in the hot midday temperatures) and a decent size bathroom. Staff do offer their smile and for this country that is very positive. The included breakfast is not buffet (as is more or less standard in this country) but a-la-carte and very limited. Probably the most negative aspect of a stay here (which definitely will make me very reluctant to staying here again) is the double pricing policy that the hotel may practice. Indeed on arrival you will notice a relatively large notice board at the reception stating that the price of room #502 (and all standard rooms) is a mere $9 (probably not including the 15% Tax and the $2.5 breakfast). Not at all justifying the $20+ price for such rooms. Shop around and there are plenty of much better options, however this hotel has pricier rooms which probably do offer better value. My most honest suggestion to management is to stick to published rates as with prices they practice I noticed the hotel was more than half empty (it could also be the case that published rates are FOR LOCALS ONLY!).

Room Tip: Better to arrive and check the room and other hotels in the area before committing to anything. Also...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Madjid A
Thames, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel offered very good value for money in a town that is extremely touristy. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and they assisted us with anything we asked about. Our room was nice & clean with good bathroom facilities. Breakfast was in line with the value for money of the hotel (select a food item & drink from the menu).
The location is very good and suited us for our stay.

We would definitely stay there again if back in Nha Trang.

The hotel was a little hard to find on foot (when we walked from the train station) as the location is on a side street that comes off the actual street address. A friendly local saw us looking a little lost and helped us out.

Room Tip: Reasonably quiet in any room as the street is not too busy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple