“Elevators nice, jus watch your stuff...”
Review of La Suisse Hotel

La Suisse Hotel
Ranked #60 of 206 Hotels in Nha Trang
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Elevators nice, jus watch your stuff...”
Reviewed 15 February 2010

The staff has a car that they used to pick up my friends and I from the bus depot when we arrived. When we arrived, they immediately offered us drinks and fruits for free. The staff was nice and spoke English. They even helped us book an overnight train to our next destination and offered money exchange at a fair price. The fact that the hotel has a elevator is a plus if you have lots of heavy luggage like we did. They offer laundry services, but just make sure that you know how many items you're giving them that way you ALL your garments back. Some of my laundry had gotten mixed up with another guests, which wouldn't have been awkward had they not been undergarments.... I didn't mind this hotel too much. It's clean, and located near a lot of restaurants and shops and even a mini post-office. The breakfast they included was good, and they even offered free light snacks before dinner time, a plus if you're trying to stay within a specific spending budget. --HOWEVER, on one occasion when I went around the block to get some refreshments, I returned to find three of the maids going through my LUGGAGE while cleaning my room! In my haste, I had left without locking my bags. Needless to say, they were shocked I had returned soo quickly. Since they were snooping, they picked up one of my facial products to ask where I had purchased it, and for how much. I guess they were trying to make light of a very awkward situation. -None of my things appeared to be missing. Perhaps they were just curious. Other than that, the bathrooms are clean and come with vents. They have a mini fridge in the room. The cable for the TV kind of fades in and out when it rains, but I was able to catch some clear channels. The floor I stayed on experienced some minor brownouts when it began to rain very heavily. Overall it's a fairly good hotel. They even have several computers you can use in the lobby for free when the staff isn't playing on them. --I would just keep a closer eye on my belongings the next time I stay there.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Vietnamese first
Brisbane
Reviewed 1 February 2010

We found the hotel to be in a great location and the staff could not do enough to help you. Travelled throughout South Vietnam and found this to be amongst the better hotels.
Definitely recommend for the value and location.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Perth W Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2010

All was well when we were met at 9.30pm at the train station but when we arrived at the hotel we were told only one room was available and we had to take up two rooms in a hotel nearby for the first night. The substitute hotel was bland and ordinary whereas as the real La Suisse is quite good as we discovered on the next night. The thing that really grated on us was their attempt to charge the same rate for both hotels despite the inconvenience and the big difference in standard. Breakfast was OK and at times the service was quite good but the damage in rapport meant that we became easily irritated.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank GraemeW1
london
Reviewed 21 January 2010

Reserved room. On arrival told they had none availble. They found a room, asked us to wait whilst prepared "top room". After a hour we were shown to room, it was on the 7 floor, where staff slept. Bunk beds in corner covered in rubbish, no lock, no on-suite. Were told we could shower in another room prior to arrival of aonther guest. This was $10 a night. It was too late to find further accomodation. We went out for a stroll and on returning a room had become availble. We took room for $15. It was a twin with no window. Amonia smell and gurgling drains. Terrible. Left immediatly in morning, no apologies from reception. Plenty of accomodation available elsewhere for cheaper price. Dont go there.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LondonLondonlondon1
London
Reviewed 17 January 2010

Travelled from north to south of Vietnam, stayed in a few hotels, but this one is by far the worst we've been to. The room was like my grandmothers house, everythin is old, although quite clean. In the morning there's no place to have a breakfast as they only have 2 tables. The breakfast itself was quite bad as well. The most important thing, after we left to go to the beach, but forgot the phone in the room, came back to see the cleaners going through the phone and the camera. When told that at the reception, receptionist pretended not to speak English. On departure, met 4 girls and decided to share one 6 seater to the airport as it works out much cheaper. Ordered it, they got us 4 seater and said to sit on each other's laps. Got a 2md car eventually, but almost missed the flight. Lot's more much better looking hotels around, avoid this one at all costs!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Anya888
queensland
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Great hotel. Only stayed one night because we were in transit - but could have have stayed longer. Hotel was quiet, clean and comfortable and staff were incredibly helpful.

Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
WV
Reviewed 27 December 2009

I paid $35 for a huge room with a very cool curved balcony that was great for relaxing and having a drink. (Although I did have to drag a chair from the room outside)
The beds were comfortable and the room was clean except for a dingy shower curtain and some mold around the tub.
The staff was very friendly and the lobby area was a great place to meet other travelers, especially during the "happy hour" from 4-6 when they served free tea, coffee, cake and fruit. Breakfast was also included and was very good.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo